TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

AAA vs Japan Cancelled

Hey i'm British and i don't care about these guys...

I've seen Mason live against Robbie Brookside, he's ok but no way should he be on a nationally shown wrestling program, he dosen't work anything even resembling the X Style. Thats a really disapointing team for the UK. Hopefully it will be suprisingly good, but i'm not holding my breath.

Sadly, Dynamite is a different Robbie...just check his profile picture. Probably for the best because, as much as I love Robbie Brookside, his style is too submission based to work well against the AAA guys. From what I've read, Dynamite is more of a high-flyer than Brookside, so he'll probably do better than the Wildcat would.

Guest Goodear

I do believe it might be time to get away from the National nature of the teams and start setting up more teams featuring guys the fans know and care about. Keep the AAA and Canadian teams and mix in more of the established X division. You know, since they don't seem to have one anymore since the team series began.

Sadly, Dynamite is a different Robbie...just check his profile picture. Probably for the best because, as much as I love Robbie Brookside, his style is too submission based to work well against the AAA guys. From what I've read, Dynamite is more of a high-flyer than Brookside, so he'll probably do better than the Wildcat would.

You do realize that TNA can just make up a different last name for Brookside and don't really care about any other guys named that, don't you? I mean, I don't know 100 percent if it's wrong or right, but it would make a lot more sense than a guy that's unknown to even a lot of his own countrymen.

Guest Heppyhack

Mason's a good, old style British grappler who can spot if necessary. Of the others - bleurgh, all holiday camp/All-Star names. Surprised at Storm not being in there, if only because viewers may at least remember him. Someone like Jack Xavier may have been a better fit for an event like this, too.

You do realize that TNA can just make up a different last name for Brookside and don't really care about any other guys named that, don't you? I mean, I don't know 100 percent if it's wrong or right, but it would make a lot more sense than a guy that's unknown to even a lot of his own countrymen.

Even so, why on earth would they give Brookside the name of a completely different british wrestler. And then talk about this other wrestler in the profile instead of Brookside

Besides which, Brookside against one of the AAA guys would be the biggest style clash since the RVD/Regal feud. It's not just Dynamite who is unheard of here- All Star Wrestling is Britain's number three promotion, behind FWA and NWA Hammerlock. Allmark is as unknown over here as Dynamite, and I only know Sloan because he was at the show I went to. Plus the fact that Brookside coming to TNA using the name of one of his co-workers in All Star would be a touch harsh on his colleague.

If they HAD to use All Star guys, they should have used Five Star Flash, who can hit an impressive Dragonrana and is a pretty versatile wrestler.

Guest MikeSC
I'm really interested to see what these shows do buyrate wise compared to the rest of the shows.

Sadly, we never hear this info.

Assume it does horribly.

If it did well, TNA would broadcast it.

-=Mike

...It's cute seeing some TNA marks claiming that the company "breaks even"

Guest TDinDC1112

...It's cute seeing some TNA marks claiming that the company "breaks even"

who ever said that?

Guest OSIcon
I do believe it might be time to get away from the National nature of the teams and start setting up more teams featuring guys the fans know and care about. Keep the AAA and Canadian teams and mix in more of the established X division. You know, since they don't seem to have one anymore since the team series began.

They do have to find ways to mix it up, because while the Cup idea is a good one, they are already running thin on teams.

They could do one where four other TNA X-Division guys (or four US lightweight wrestlers or anre't in TNA) get on Jerry Lynn and his team for making the US look bad through their loss of the cup a few months ago to AAA. Maybe have this happen after announcing that the US will get a re-match. These four guys say they could do a better job representing the country and challenge Lynn's team to a cup series with the winner getting the re-match against AAA. No cup would be on the line in the US vs. US thing, but rather a chance to represent their country in a cup re-match against Mexico.

They need to do things like that or else this concept might already have run its course.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ugh. Juvi is really out? Shit....I guess I'll still order to see who the hell the UK guys are.