TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

State of the Fed Thread

It has come to the attention of myself and CC that some people may not be happy with the way booking has been going recently. I think most of us realize that right now the federation is going through a bit of a rough spot in terms of roster size. CC wants to take an active role in, not only getting more people in here, but ensuring that the people that are here stay here. Also, with a new regime still getting its feet wet, there's bound to be an adjustion period. Why am I saying all of this? Well, while CC can't give everyone the matches they want whenever they want them, we want to do our best. In order to do that, we need input from you. With the recent complaints about booking and general apathy, we want to make sure that everyone is happy and having fun here.

So, here is your chance to tell CC anything you want about booking and/or the way the fed is being run. You will not be flamed (by anyone on CC), nor will your position in the fed be jeapordized in any way. If you want to say that you don't like Thoth marking your matches because you don't think he likes you or something, then say that. If you think Thugg just flat out can't book, then say that. If you think that the word limits are too high, then say that. Anything and everything you want to say is fair game here, and we want to get everyone's gripe out in the open. Z and I, and whoever else is around today from CC, will be here all day to respond to your issues and to answer questions.

This is our (CC's) chance to make this fed better for you, so please take this seriously. We want to hear EVERYTHING you've got...even if you think it'll hurt our feelings. We can't make this fed better if we don't know what you don't like. This is your fed people, and let's make it that way by busting CC's balls right out here in the open.

Da "nobody's perfect" H

I'm hoping that we can avoid the attitude on the part of the bookers that has come up once or twice before, that the writers are expected to take a bad booking or one that goes against a request and like it. I don't recall this happening recently, but a specific instance under the Stubby system was Tod deKindes being granted a #1 contender match against Ash on a show that Tod was unable to write (I believe he was on a Storm-only schedule at the time). Tod was basically told to sit on it.

That's not productive for the writers, and breeds a feeling among the writers that the bookers feel that the job they're doing is more important than the writers' writing, angles and requests. It's true that it's sometimes impossible to grant requests, and that's absolutely reasonable, but I hope we can avoid this us-against-them crap.

Yeah Tom, I can see why that would be a problem, and I'd like to think that we don't do that now. I mean, I know we've probably forgotten, denied, possibly ignored requests, but I'd like to think that we were at least apologetic for it and didn't tell the writer to sit on it. That's kind of rude.

Perhaps we need to be a little bit better about keeping track of people's booking requests because I know it's hard for me to remember who requested what, especially when some requests come to me and some come to Z.

Let's do this...is it possible for people to send ALL booking requests to all 3 bookers, and in the event that you can't (or are too lazy to do so), send them to the person BOOKING the next show (which is the person posting the upcoming show)? I think if we can streamline the process of booking requests, we can minimize the errors and possibly avoid them all together.

Da " just a suggestion" H

Guest Goodear

Right... I seemingly have a list in my own brain. Oy.

I honestly think that lowering the word limits a bit would make it a bit more encouraging to the folks that seem to have a hard time getting their schedules together to write matches and such. Obviously, word limits are a MAXIMUM and people need to understand that they can turn in stuff that isn't as full as it can be, but I think its then discouraging to the other people who do spend a Sunday morning or whatever filling up the match to the gills as best they. I know I was pissed when I wrote a 6500 word match to have it lose to a Grappler match of 4500. Which is perfectly within the rules and such... but still I'm as human as the next person. Drop the limits a bit and more the happy.

I also think we might consider giving the cast a bit more time to work on PPVs, perhaps a 7-8 day lapse instead of the usual five. That way we minimize burnout a little bit more and can skip the promo shows afterward that can lead to a bit of a down time that can hurt momentum.

Third: CC needs to keep track of the number one contenders matches. If you're going to book one, make sure that the thing is cashed in either in the next two weeks or at the PPV. And tell the person which! Its fun and easy. Go easy!

Finally, and this is probably the most radical departure. I think the fed would benefit from setting up the PPV matches almost a month in advance. I know that could extremely screw people as other folks leave and come and yadda yadda... but I really think it could provide a bit more focus for people that might be floating around a whole lot. Obviously, CC would have to work with people in order to set the stuff up so people feel a loss of control over their characters but I think it would be worth it.

Coyjiro, I agree with most everything except the last thing. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to tell people who they will face every month at the PPVs. The reason is that this fed is based on people being able to control their own destiny and not having to just do what they're told. If you do a program with someone, it's up to CC to adapt and book accordingly, all the way up to the PPV.

However, I recognize the downside to that...being that people are under no pressure to set up any angles. So, people can go into limbo and get lost because CC doesn't give them a program to work. For those ambitious people, they go find angles...but some others don't, and therein lies the problem.

Perhaps there is some middle ground to give people the freedom to find their own angles if they want it, and find angles for people who don't have them. But, I'm not entirely sure that those people in limbo aren't there because they want to be there. Do we want to give an angle to someone who wanted to get lost for a month or two because of other things going on and didn't want to let anyone down by no showing or not writing the promos necessary to run an angle? See what I"m saying.

There's so much more to what you're saying there Ejiro West. I'm curious to hear what others think about Ejiro's comment about CC providing angles for people. I think there might be some middle ground to what he's saying and what I"m saying that could be very helpful.

Da "getting no work done" H

I have no complaints. However, as I stated in another thread and to Thoth and Z, I'm not going to be your greatest assest.

I'm here to try and redeem my struggling self. Simply put, I'm starting at square one. I'm not going to be the guy you all can depend on to be there 24/7. I'm here to try to get back to being able to write with ease 3500. I can't unless it is like this, meaningless nothing (I'm talking about this post, not the matches). That's me currently, this doesn't come to me easily. At least, putting it on paper or simulation paper... Or what have you.

So I ask CC and everyone to please understand that I'm not meaning to do this on purpose or anything. I want to do this, all I need to do is shake off a ton of rust and writer's block. I promise to you that I will work my ass off. I still want to do this as I love this place. Hence, I apologize for busting screwing up ahead of time, and hopefully, I can do some something for you guys.

...that's about all I have to say.

Guest Goodear

Hmmm... perhaps a 'Booking for the Month' sort of thread would be a good compromise Thugg. Like someone from CC opens it up and the inmates start posting stuff like Duran saying, "I'm going to feud with Grappler" and then Grappler replies "Oh yeah, you die now!" Then other people go all "I could use a feud. Anyone want to hate me?" and others would be all "man, I'm wayyyy too busy kicking my dog to write a lot this month". And then CC would say, "Bitch, Coy is not worthy of a World Title feud! FUCK YOU COY! FUCK YOU IN THE EAR!"

I'm all about communication... and ear fucking.

I disagree with Coyjiro's fourth point but everything esle is very legit in my mind. I've been such a pain in the ass (I've shown twice now) and I apologize- but right now the writing portion just isn't fun. So I'll stick around and keep truckin', see if I can get the spark back in there... so I have no one to blame but myself.

Having said that, I really do like the idea of lowered word limits (not radical like main event being 3.5k or anything). More time for PPV would be dandy and finally I think the CC should present ideas to people (like if one person's begging for a feud and another person is just drifting) about feuds and maybe hook 'em up. I dunno, seems like a nice compromise there.

First of all...you are one sick dude.

Second of all...I wouldn't opposed to something like that, but wouldn't that ruin some of the suspense with people?

Da "e'rebody in da club get tipsy" H

I personally really like the middle ground idea.

If you have an angle and storyline, give the CC heads up and they book the needed stuff for you, or at least have the angle in mind while booking you.

But if you have nothing, just throw your name into the hat and you get paired off and given a bare bones idea for an angle to work with someone.

That would really help with motivation I think. As not all the fed in regularly on Chat/Instant Messengers, so you can't chat to them as much, and you don't suddenly thing..."Mmmm, so and so is a decent guy, I like their character, could be fun to work with them.."

General booking wise, I don't have anything major to say that hasn't been said. Both sides need just a little more to keep on the situation. Yer I've been booked in stuff I dont like sometimes, but you can't really request a match everyshow and the CC needs to mix it up, it's nothing to bad.

In other terms of motivation, I'm just generally not feeling it from my end right now. I just need a kick up my arse to get me going again. It's not from the lack of the fed, more the lack of myself. Because at the end of the day, this is still a fun place, and when you get going it's damn fun to do.

Maybe with the booking thing, the CC should talk to the board staff, get an account set up for them, and just share it between them, so all booking stuff can go to one place? Maybe.

EDIT: A booking thread wouldn't spoil everything. You can keep things quiet. If you know what you're doing, dont post, just tell the CC. And if you see an opening with someone, PM them and leave it out of the thread. Should work that way.

Maybe with the booking thing, the CC should talk to the board staff, get an account set up for them, and just share it between them, so all booking stuff can go to one place? Maybe.

EDIT: A booking thread wouldn't spoil everything. You can keep things quiet. If you know what you're doing, dont post, just tell the CC. And if you see an opening with someone, PM them and leave it out of the thread. Should work that way.

Those are two pretty damn good ideas Dace. I'd like to see a single booking board account where we can all do what we need to do booking wise. The only problem with that is we kind of have something like that in the CC board, but we don't really use it to its full potential. Perhaps we need to get better about updating things on that board so that all the bookers and markers know what's going on with each person in the fed.

And, if you've ever played in rec league sports, it works exactly the same way you and Ejiro are explaining it. If you have team, you just submit it. If you are looking for a team, you post on a board, and someone else who is looking for a player contacts you. We could do something like that here...where if you're looking for an angle, you just post on a thread. If someone else is looking for one, they can just check that thread for people who need angles, or they post to it themselves. The only thing would be that when you get an angle, you should probably go back and edit your post to say you found one, or you could get bombarded with angle requests.

Da "glad he started this thread" H

First of all...you are one sick dude.

Second of all...I wouldn't opposed to something like that, but wouldn't that ruin some of the suspense with people?

Da "e'rebody in da club get tipsy" H

First of all, sick dude he is.

Second of all:

How about this? We have CC come around and go up to people saying (like IL),

[WARNING: EXAMPLES AHEAD, WITH IL BEING THE FOCUS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, I'M ALSO ASSUMING THAT IL IS HEEL AND MAKE UP A LOT OF THIS]

"We've got Coy, Grappler, Aecas, Alan Clark, Toxxic, Va'iaga, Johnny Dangerous, Maddix, Todd and Wild Child, are in some feuds coming up. The others have current plans going on that we can't tell you about, since they wish to keep them secret.

We've got drifters in James, Annie, Janus, and Thugg as drifters. Here's what's going on with them:

James is coming off of a loss against Aecas and is kinda down in the dumps about losing a high profile match like that. Insane Luchadore, perhaps you can be the guy who kicks James while he's down and out by continually referring to that loss and proclaim that you could defeat Aecas whereas James can't. Might be an idea for you.

Annie is coming off her win against Coy for the USJL Championship and is looking for a #1 Contender once again. Since you are a former USJL Champion, you could be the itch in her side by winning the #1 Contendership, and since she's all about being the "Hardcore Queen" sink to those 'insane' depths you can go to, and be bugging her about how she may think she's all Hardcore, but your damn well INSANE~! Which of course makes you better than her by default.

Janus is coming off a disappointing loss to John Duran in their recent feud. Apparently, Terrance is back in control and you, Insane Luchadore, decide that Janus would be a perfect canidate for you climbing up the ladder of the SWF roster. You make Terrance out to be nothing more than just that rung on that ladder, because if he can't beat Duran, how does he expect to beat your sorry ass. Well, it'll be sorry, because you'll start up Janus once again, but hey, you can deal with it there.

Thugg is just returning to the SWF after being banished forever. How does he get back? Well, he found a convinent loophole, and has come back to being a babyface (if you can ever say that Thugg had a face that was babyish), but needless to say he is BACK~! However, you don't like that IL and hence you are going on a mission to finish up what Alan Clark started (since Clark is tied up in his own feud), since you'd like to stick it up Clark's ass that you managed to put Thugg away for good."

See? Instead of picking at random a superstar, you give them the full amount of superstars to deal with. Plus, instead of blabbering what Clark is doing, you just explain that he's tied up in his feud. For those that are missing, they've already got plans, so if you or someone else wants to find out if they can join in or do something, all they have to do is ask the appropriate person this.

...yes, I just wrote out the above paragraph becuase I can't explain things very well.

Yeah, Flik pretty much nailed what I was trying to say. I personally think that idea would be perfect and easier. Flik, you are a good man. Just chiming in how I think Flik's idea= the rule.

Personally, I love the match limits as they are. Anything below 4000 and I struggle to craft a decent match.

Guest Aecas
Personally, I love the match limits as they are. Anything below 4000 and I struggle to craft a decent match.

Ditto.

A thing about the match limits... that's not saying that you have to write 6500 words... it's just saying that anything over 6500 won't be taken. Quality, not Quantity. I wrote 3 straight sub 3k word matches (with 4500, 5k word limits) against showing opponents down in the JL and still won the matches. Sure, it is different here in the WF, but not really either. I'm sure most poeple here can crank out 3-4k in their sleep... let alone 4-5 days.

One thing that would be cool is to revert back to the old days... when anyone and everyone could attack anyone they please without being flamed, bashed, fried, baked, and hardboiled by the rest of the fed. That is what made this place so great to be in... plus it's how Jake found his calling as a psycho pipe-wielding maniac ;). If I were to go back to that now and start back on clocking random people with the pipe, I would be bashed beyond belief, since anyone I try to attack would yell at me and all for 'Screwing up their angle" and such. And hell... if someone doesn't like it, they can simply no-sell it.

Other than that, I see no fault in the Booking or running of this fed from my standpoint. Anything and everything I need is answered gladly though PMs and chat.

How about this? We have CC come around and go up to people saying (like IL),

[WARNING: EXAMPLES AHEAD, WITH IL BEING THE FOCUS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, I'M ALSO ASSUMING THAT IL IS HEEL AND MAKE UP A LOT OF THIS]

"We've got Coy, Grappler, Aecas, Alan Clark, Toxxic, Va'iaga, Johnny Dangerous, Maddix, Todd and Wild Child, are in some feuds coming up. The others have current plans going on that we can't tell you about, since they wish to keep them secret.

We've got drifters in James, Annie, Janus, and Thugg as drifters. Here's what's going on with them:

James is coming off of a loss against Aecas and is kinda down in the dumps about losing a high profile match like that. Insane Luchadore, perhaps you can be the guy who kicks James while he's down and out by continually referring to that loss and proclaim that you could defeat Aecas whereas James can't. Might be an idea for you.

Annie is coming off her win against Coy for the USJL Championship and is looking for a #1 Contender once again. Since you are a former USJL Champion, you could be the itch in her side by winning the #1 Contendership, and since she's all about being the "Hardcore Queen" sink to those 'insane' depths you can go to, and be bugging her about how she may think she's all Hardcore, but your damn well INSANE~! Which of course makes you better than her by default.

Janus is coming off a disappointing loss to John Duran in their recent feud. Apparently, Terrance is back in control and you, Insane Luchadore, decide that Janus would be a perfect canidate for you climbing up the ladder of the SWF roster. You make Terrance out to be nothing more than just that rung on that ladder, because if he can't beat Duran, how does he expect to beat your sorry ass. Well, it'll be sorry, because you'll start up Janus once again, but hey, you can deal with it there.

Thugg is just returning to the SWF after being banished forever. How does he get back? Well, he found a convinent loophole, and has come back to being a babyface (if you can ever say that Thugg had a face that was babyish), but needless to say he is BACK~! However, you don't like that IL and hence you are going on a mission to finish up what Alan Clark started (since Clark is tied up in his own feud), since you'd like to stick it up Clark's ass that you managed to put Thugg away for good."

See? Instead of picking at random a superstar, you give them the full amount of superstars to deal with. Plus, instead of blabbering what Clark is doing, you just explain that he's tied up in his feud. For those that are missing, they've already got plans, so if you or someone else wants to find out if they can join in or do something, all they have to do is ask the appropriate person this.

...yes, I just wrote out the above paragraph becuase I can't explain things very well.

Flik and IL, I think that idea would be great...in theory.

Why do I say, "in theory"? Well, it would really be awesome and would work wonders...but it's assuming a lot on the part of CC. You're assuming that we have the time to go to everyone and give that kind of detail. Now, there is a lot of us, so one person wouldn't have to do everyone, but then that brings the problem of continuity...in that Z might have talked to IL and gotten him in a feud with Annie, but then I just promised Annie to Janus....or something like that. Then we've gotta do clean up on that...or, if it never gets to that, it would be a little chaotic in trying to figure out who is free and who is not because then Janus would have to come back to me and say that Annie is already tied up...blah, blah, blah.

This is still a great idea, and perhaps there is a way to do it without relying on CC to put in all that time. I"m not trying to be lazy, but if I had time to do all that, I would have stayed active. Realistically, everything goes to hell if CC even slightly falls behind on things. But, we could think about combining this with Ejiro's idea, where instead of going up to people individually, a member of CC would post the list of people who haven't told them about any angle. Then, you all could discuss amongst yourselves who would fued with who on that thread. And if someone isn't really available that month, they could use that thread to say so, and then no one would contact them.

I dunno...but these ideas are great!! Keep 'em coming!

Da "deadline is quickly approaching and I'm not finished" H

One thing that would be cool is to revert back to the old days... when anyone and everyone could attack anyone they please without being flamed, bashed, fried, baked, and hardboiled by the rest of the fed. That is what made this place so great to be in... plus it's how Jake found his calling as a psycho pipe-wielding maniac ;). If I were to go back to that now and start back on clocking random people with the pipe, I would be bashed beyond belief, since anyone I try to attack would yell at me and all for 'Screwing up their angle" and such. And hell... if someone doesn't like it, they can simply no-sell it.

Other than that, I see no fault in the Booking or running of this fed from my standpoint. Anything and everything I need is answered gladly though PMs and chat.

I've been saying that for months Jake!!!

I did it to Maddix and then Jenkins, and it led to an angle with Alan Clark. More importantly, Jenkins got pissed about me attacking him, and he challenged me to a match. I was busy, so I just no sold it...and that was that. Also, people should know that no one here is stupid. If you're in an intense angle, no one is just gonna run up and hit you with a pipe. They're only gonna do it if you're idle or if it totally fits. There'll be a few occassions where things won't go right, but then a simple..."Sorry man...I'm too busy" would suffice to keep it from happening again while you're in that angle.

But, Jake, people are too protective of their characters now, so I doubt it'll go back to the way it was.

Da "double post" H

One thing that would be cool is to revert back to the old days... when anyone and everyone could attack anyone they please without being flamed, bashed, fried, baked, and hardboiled by the rest of the fed.  That is what made this place so great to be in... plus it's how Jake found his calling as a psycho pipe-wielding maniac ;).  If I were to go back to that now and start back on clocking random people with the pipe, I would be bashed beyond belief, since anyone I try to attack would yell at me and all for 'Screwing up their angle" and such.  And hell... if someone doesn't like it, they can simply no-sell it.

Other than that, I see no fault in the Booking or running of this fed from my standpoint.  Anything and everything I need is answered gladly though PMs and chat.

I've been saying that for months Jake!!!

I did it to Maddix and then Jenkins, and it led to an angle with Alan Clark. More importantly, Jenkins got pissed about me attacking him, and he challenged me to a match. I was busy, so I just no sold it...and that was that. Also, people should know that no one here is stupid. If you're in an intense angle, no one is just gonna run up and hit you with a pipe. They're only gonna do it if you're idle or if it totally fits. There'll be a few occassions where things won't go right, but then a simple..."Sorry man...I'm too busy" would suffice to keep it from happening again while you're in that angle.

But, Jake, people are too protective of their characters now, so I doubt it'll go back to the way it was.

Da "double post" H

I took your words to heart, Thugg, and I would like to say, for the record, that I personally booked the W&D/HoT feud to happen without consulting any of the other parties involved; I just thought that they were two cool characters that I wanted to work with, so I wrote a promo after the 'Fuck, and that was that; instant feud.

So, Maddix, the next time you want to say something about a glass ceiling, please be sure to stop and kiss my ass first; I made your monkey ass famous! :P

Flik and IL, I think that idea would be great...in theory.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there Thuggy. Now then you got me working with theories? I'll have you know I failed Physics 20 (Physics for Grade 11 if you will) 5 times in a row, so please don't tell me it's a theory. *shudders*

You're assuming that we have the time to go to everyone and give that kind of detail.

I've wnat to slap you for saying going into that kind of detail. Excuse me, but WHAT DETAILS? I gave barebone descriptions at best, as to let the example Insane Luchadore have just an idea of where they want to go. How can you tell me that this is hard to do? It took me, what? Four minutes to do? You don't even have to do that much, the person SHOULD be following the federation, shouldn't they? I just put it there, because I was assuming Insane Luchadore (the example) had asked for the info, and plus, I'd be covering my explanation. You can just say, they came off their feud, with so and so, that should cover bases.

Now, there is a lot of us, so one person wouldn't have to do everyone, but then that brings the problem of continuity...in that Z might have talked to IL and gotten him in a feud with Annie, but then I just promised Annie to Janus....or something like that.  Then we've gotta do clean up on that...or, if it never gets to that, it would be a little chaotic in trying to figure out who is free and who is not because then Janus would have to come back to me and say that Annie is already tied up...blah, blah, blah.

Here's where I get to look smart and suggest something to counter this problem. You remember those rankings that you have? Make even more use of them, by making them how the feuds work. Since Toxxic is #1 ranking person here right now, he'd get the prime cut of feuds. Whoever is #2 (unless whom Toxxic wishes to feud). This way, the more active people get the more active feuds. If someone's at the bottom of the rankings, then they have to work harder to get more rewards by choosing whom they'd like to feud with. The lower you are, the less your chances of getting a feud you want are. Yes, that seems hypocritical since it smacks a lot of people, and could create a "clique" but it also builds the need for people to get off their asses to do stuff.

This would then bring back the competition thing, because being the best means you get what you want. Yes, this means that in a month's time, a feud might be over. Unless we do the rankings for every PPV, which would make more sense, since that's usually when blowoffs or backburners (we finished our feud, but IT'S NOT OVER YET; we just moving on for now) are.

For newcomers, they have to get a ranking before their fate can be decided. This way then, we get drifters for people who've got nothing better to do and decide "hey, let's take so and so and add them to what we are doing". Or we can get fair judgement of someone before we give them a major angle.

Half the problem with SWF that I'm seeing is the competition is taken from it. Some people just don't have the creative fire, so why not try a competitive route to go with the rankings and giving people who work their asses off, the prime cuts of the SWF. Might help with the creative fire people are lacking.

This is still a great idea, and perhaps there is a way to do it without relying on CC to put in all that time.

If they don't follow the federation, then how do we expect them to actively contribute? Besides, I don't want you guys (CC) to except everything to be done by you alone.

I"m not trying to be lazy, but if I had time to do all that, I would have stayed active.  Realistically, everything goes to hell if CC even slightly falls behind on things.  But, we could think about combining this with Ejiro's idea, where instead of going up to people individually, a member of CC would post the list of people who haven't told them about any angle.  Then, you all could discuss amongst yourselves who would fued with who on that thread.  And if someone isn't really available that month, they could use that thread to say so, and then no one would contact them.

Yes, a Listings Thread would be wonderful, and is a great idea.

Edit: And yes, I'm being an ass. I know this, but when I get passionate about an idea, I kinda go full out on the ego scale. I apologize for being an ass ahead of time.

Edited by Lightning Flik

Eh I think we're all "protective" of all our characters because we put in a lot more time now than we used to. (Thinking back way old school). Where average matches where 2-5kish (unless you're Ted Flink who wrote a losing 20k monster complete with IGNTron spots out the wazoo). Anyway, I don't know... the word limit seems to be working for some and not for others. Maybe we should stress quality over quantity more? Shave off the word limit a bit? Since I know everyone strives to nail around the word limit and if you don't you think "Shit, instant lost."

Settle down there Flik...didn't mean to get your all riled up. I'm just saying that to it could create some potential problems...but I'm sure there are ways around them. I can only speak for myself, but I know that I can really only devote significant time on one night to the SWF...which is the night I book. I read the previous show over many days, usually during my lunch. I can't have a significant back and forth with 3 or 4 people over PMs...well, I can, but people wouldn't really get responses in a timely fashion.

Myself aside, I think combining your idea with a thread where all this info is public (meaning we only have to post it once) is a good way to go.

Also, none of this is stone. I imagine Z will take these ideas and make final decisions on things.

Da "oh, and don't even yell at me again...I will kill you!" H

I'm hoping that we can avoid the attitude on the part of the bookers that has come up once or twice before, that the writers are expected to take a bad booking or one that goes against a request and like it. I don't recall this happening recently, but a specific instance under the Stubby system was Tod deKindes being granted a #1 contender match against Ash on a show that Tod was unable to write (I believe he was on a Storm-only schedule at the time). Tod was basically told to sit on it.

That's not productive for the writers, and breeds a feeling among the writers that the bookers feel that the job they're doing is more important than the writers' writing, angles and requests. It's true that it's sometimes impossible to grant requests, and that's absolutely reasonable, but I hope we can avoid this us-against-them crap.

Gah. Memories...

Roster's thin, huh? Should I come back?

Shave off the word limit? I have enough trouble staying under 5/6 K as it is, due to my ability to ramble endlessly!

I think making sure people always have thigns to do is key. If people don't have feuds, it should be encouraged towards them that they engage in feuds. Take me and Rando. We're starting a feud in the hope it'll boost our careers. But we might just get as far by straying around and waiting for title shots. That's an important point.

Personal opinion...the titles don't mean enough, because there's too many of them still. 5 singles titles for a roster our size is one too many...that's just my opinion, but there needs to be something to make titles seem 'special' for everyone. Even the guys who've won all the titles before, and for the people who've been here for the past few years.

But the main point is we've got to keep having fun with the fed, without going too over the top. Coy's match on the last show was off the wall...but fun, and readable. But without meaning anyone any offense the wacky stips are not that good of an idea most of the time. The MXC Match...well, I'd have no showed it. I'm usually decent at these oddball matches. Stilts Match. Mouse Trap Match. Pie Match. But as long as we can have fun but make things realistic at the same time, matches like that aren't really needed.

I'm rambling. My point is this is a competitive fed, so we need there to be rewards...we need to have fun, without going into the realms of fantasy...we need to have more people promoing and feuding...and we need...financial...rewards. Two VERY key words. :P

Guest Goodear

The only problem I have now with the attacking of other people is when it happens before a match and the participants of the match don't know that an attack is happening. Like, if I get clobbered in the back of the head with a lead pipe, I can't imagine writing my match the same way I would normally since you know... concussions and such.

Settle down there Flik...didn't mean to get your all riled up. I'm just saying that to it could create some potential problems...but I'm sure there are ways around them. I can only speak for myself, but I know that I can really only devote significant time on one night to the SWF...which is the night I book. I read the previous show over many days, usually during my lunch. I can't have a significant back and forth with 3 or 4 people over PMs...well, I can, but people wouldn't really get responses in a timely fashion.

Myself aside, I think combining your idea with a thread where all this info is public (meaning we only have to post it once) is a good way to go.

Also, none of this is stone. I imagine Z will take these ideas and make final decisions on things.

Da "oh, and don't even yell at me again...I will kill you!" H

As I said, I get passionate about my ideas. Hence, I start becoming an ass about it. Sorry about that.

I understand that you don't have the time for doing it all, but I'm just saying that this in itself does cause some problems that CC is having. You should probably have someone who can at least be there 12/7 (since you gotta have 12 hours in a day to yourself) for CC, so CC can keep up with everything. This might help with your own recent problems themselves.

I think that doing it the public fashion would be a great idea as well, since it would keep people in the know of who's tied up and who's not.

Also, I think that newbies should be placed in like a little area in the Listing, so that they can be evaluated firstly before they get any feuds.

The only problem I have now with the attacking of other people is when it happens before a match and the participants of the match don't know that an attack is happening. Like, if I get clobbered in the back of the head with a lead pipe, I can't imagine writing my match the same way I would normally since you know... concussions and such.

Then if we want to do stuff like that, we need everyone to get into talking with others. You can't just write it up without the other person knowing. What should be done in these cases, is let the people who are writing the matches in the know of what happened previously in a segment, so that they can build that into their matches appriopriately to sell the effects easily.

Guest Goodear

Or if they want it to be a surprise, either write it to appear after the match is done or do via a board promo.

Trying to build happy mediums everywhere.

Or if they want it to be a surprise, either write it to appear after the match is done or do via a board promo.

Trying to build happy mediums everywhere.

That could work too.

Hell, why don't we have that SWF.net Exclusive stuff cover this stuff? You know? I mean, I kinda liked the concept that was started, because it was interesting and entertaining as hell when done that way.

I think you are all making this far too complicated.

In general, I booked for feuds. If someone was in one, I tried to book matches that could let the feud develop without giving away the big end. If they weren't in a feud, I tried to put them against someone else not in a feud so maybe they would start something.

Here's one thing we need to remember through all of this:

It is not CC's responsibility to find your character something to do at the PPV.

I mean that. What is happening above, where people are suggesting that CC keep track of things, will never work and, in my mind anyways, undermined the fundamental law of the SWF: The writers control the character.

Do I see a solution? Sure. Three words - "Simplify, simplify, simplify". Remember back in the day when there were hardly any promos on shows? Remember when most storyline development happened in board promos? I think that is something we need to get back to. To the days where every promo wasn't a 4000 word epic in three acts. People talked shit, people attacked each other, pranks were played...

and it was fun.

Thoughts?