TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cosbywasmurdered

Inappropriate sig

Guest FrigidSoul

Before this thread I had never heard of the band Anal Cunt. Although they're obviously lyrics I can say there are probably 7 out of 8 others who also didn't know who this band was. Thus you don't know if they're joke lyrics.

If you go to an Anal Cunt fan site I'm sure you'd expect to see that kind of stuff, however on a wrestling orientated messageboard you don't...so you have no idea how people will take it.

I could careless personally, but you have to realise that some people will be offended...and on a wrestling orientated message board there could be people like 12 or 13 years old. They start repeating this and their parents hear then the parents ask where they got it from and it starts a whole chain of events which leads to Dames(or right now Tom) having to deal with a massive load of crap. I'd laugh at their misfortune for having to deal with it but I'm sure they would be none too pleased having to.

I'd laugh at their misfortune for having to deal with it but I'm sure they would be none too pleased having to.

Are you sick?

Guest FrigidSoul
I'd laugh at their misfortune for having to deal with it but I'm sure they would be none too pleased having to.

Are you sick?

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one laughing if angered parents came here yelling at Dames about song lyrics their kids found here.

No you wouldn't be the only one laughing, but it probably wouldn't happen because they would get banned after the first post they made..........if they knew how.

Guest FrigidSoul

It runs deeper than that. In this day and age if Dames just banned them and told them to piss off they could in turn email an Invision Board administrator. They could threaten them with some weird lawsuit most likely because their children were "corrupted" if they didn't shut down the board.

Its sad yet true

Before this thread I had never heard of the band Anal Cunt. Although they're obviously lyrics I can say there are probably 7 out of 8 others who also didn't know who this band was. Thus you don't know if they're joke lyrics.

I can understand not hearing of AC, but even if you didn't know the band, I'd think the absurdity of the lyrics would be enough to tip anyone off.

I could careless personally, but you have to realise that some people will be offended...

Ehh. While it's true that AC's intent is to offend, people are offended by everything these days.

and on a wrestling orientated message board there could be people like 12 or 13 years old. They start repeating this and their parents hear then the parents ask where they got it from and it starts a whole chain of events which leads to Dames(or right now Tom) having to deal with a massive load of crap.

While a lot of 12 (not that 12 y/o sign-ups are allowed, I don't think) and 13 year olds are impressionable, they're not so impressionable that they take any of this to heart. If they do, or even worse act on it and think it's a serious message, they're messed up to begin with. Besides which, everyone of that age I know of on this board is better than that.

Either way, I think I'd tell the parents to stick it. You know, not letting the internet/television/radio police your kids and such. Even if it came down to such extreme actions as a lawsuit or request for a shut down, they wouldn't have a case.

Even if the sig is removed, where does it end? Do we start going after flaming? After curse words? After revealing pictures of women? Do we eventually lose our casual nature, afraid of offending everyone? It's not like people don't already see or hear any of this on the playground or primetime. God forbid someone see it on a message board in a corner of the internet.

Guest FrigidSoul
Even if the sig is removed, where does it end? Do we start going after flaming? After curse words? After revealing pictures of women? Do we eventually lose our casual nature, afraid of offending everyone? It's not like people don't already see or hear any of this on the playground or primetime. God forbid someone see it on a message board in a corner of the internet.

Nah man, ya just keep the shit where its suppose to be. Like if a revealing photo of some chick is in LSD then there ya go...the forum says its gonna have sex stuff in it. Flaming in Hardcore Discussion and curse words aren't that big of a deal since you hear them EVERYWHERE.

If a parent says "My kid stepped into your board and saw a naked woman photo" and you know they've been kept in LSD you can pretty much tell her "Well photos of those nature are kept in one forum and the description of the forum shows that stuff like that could be in there. Thus as a parent you need to see where your kids are going online."

However if the kid is just going into a videogame site and seeing sigs speaking about kids being kicked in the balls while somebody smokes crack there's really no way of covering your own ass on that one.

Hell, even if it was put in the music forum its fine because they're a band and you can cover your ass on it.

Until parents start actually parenting their children again you gotta cover your ass, because the law sticks on their side for 99.9% of this crap thanks to large angry parental right groups. Kinda funny cause rather than actually watch the children they're organising against things so they don't have to spend their time parenting. This however is a whole different topic for a whole different thread.

Guest FrigidSoul
FS- Are you related to Joseph Lieberman in any way?

No, and I'll be voting for John Kerry

It's true. Keep in mind I'm saying that on behalf of myself as well. I feel dumber for discussing at length what shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

The basic point of everything I've said: get some common sense and grow some balls, everyone.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This thread has finally reach stupid.

It's obvious the sig isn't taken offensive, since this thread has been opened for a good amount of time and no mods responded to it.

Guest FrigidSoul

Well heaven forbid an actual intelligent conversation begin to develop here. Better stamp out those flames by crying forth "This thread is teh st3wp1I>"

I'm just going to mention that if you find a sig offensive, you can do what I do:

Go into control panel and turn sigs off.

Pages load so much faster now that I don't have to download 10 or 12 pictures of the various wrestlers you guys think are good or the chicks you think are hot.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

CWM is the biggest pussy on earth. Huge and flapping like a trashbag in a tornado. Labia like a stage curtain.

Turn your sigs off and quit Popicking over an ANAL CUNT song.

I was about to put hardcore sex in my sig, but thanks to this thread rethought it.

Good job CWM...you showed me the way.

Good job.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
CWM is the biggest pussy on earth. Huge and flapping like a trashbag in a tornado. Labia like a stage curtain.

Turn your sigs off and quit Popicking over an ANAL CUNT song.

Don't be an idiot. You are completely ignoring what I'm saying. gangsteruwa's sig is a EXAMPLE of what can be construed as offensive.

I'm not "popicking" as you oh so cleverly jibe. I'm not typing all in caps and screaming for his banning or anything remotly along those lines. I'm simply stating that the rules for what construes an appropriate sig should in my opinion be made clearer.

Anyone who's ever "Invaded" a board with me knows I'm not offended easily and have said, posted numerous "offensive" things.

Why are so many blind to the fact that I'm only trying to say that if something is forbidden by rules from being posted than it should be prevented from being a sig.

And last I checked Child Abuse is somewhat frowned upon by the rules.

I'm tired of people not reading the whole FUCKING post before automatically going "CWM IS FREAKING OUT OMGZ WHAT A FAG~!!11". Maybe instead of telling people to grow some balls some people here need to grow some new brain cells.

Why are so many blind to the fact that I'm only trying to say that if something is forbidden by rules from being posted than it should be prevented from being a sig.

And last I checked Child Abuse is somewhat frowned upon by the rules.

That's where you're wrong, buddy. If somebody posted that, and somebody else said it was bad, I would personally tell them to go fuck themselves.

The lyrics are absurd to the point that no one would take them seriously. Who really thinks those lines are advocating child abuse, and that, by using it, the poster in question is? Let me ask you this, CWM: before you found out you were a parent, would you have found this offensive?

Two simple points:

1. Nowhere does anyone have the right not to be offended.

2. If something in a sig/avatar bothers you, they're easy to turn off.

In your sig you link to an outdated NFL Report. This offends me greatly.

Please delete it immediately or I will be forced to ask for the vacation of your mod powers.

Thank you.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
The lyrics are absurd to the point that no one would take them seriously. Who really thinks those lines are advocating child abuse, and that, by using it, the poster in question is? Let me ask you this, CWM: before you found out you were a parent, would you have found this offensive?

Two simple points:

1. Nowhere does anyone have the right not to be offended.

2. If something in a sig/avatar bothers you, they're easy to turn off.

Once again Tom. I personally don't find it offensive. I'm trying to point out that I think there should be rules governing what IS appropriate in sigs and what isn't. If there are already rules they should be included in the TSM rules posted above.

I never intended to have people believe that I was offended by this. It was merely an example to illustrate a point. A sig that speaks of child abuse was just an oppurtunity to demenstrate that Sigs perhaps should have guidlines.

For example, Would it be okay for me to wish death on say...George Bush in a sig? or even bodily harm? If it that's cool if not then it should be made clear.

That's ALL I was trying to say.

Apoligies if I wasn't clearer on that.

For example, Would it be okay for me to wish death on say...George Bush in a sig? or even bodily harm?

Apoligies if I wasn't clearer on that.

Wishing death or harm to the president is a felony, so it's safe to say that wouldn't be allowed in someone's sig.

I see what you're saying, though. It seems clear to me that the rules governing posts on the board would apply to sigs and avatars as well -- they're part of the board, after all, and can be considered part of each post someone makes. It's something we'll look at clarifying when we take another look at the rules.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Thanks. I obviously have no problem with swearing and commiting crimes, since I smoke pot and broke numerous laws with the GNome Stuff. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun either.

I'd rather not wake up one morning and see someone get banned ala sakura for breaking a rule they didn't know even existed.

Guest FrigidSoul
For example, Would it be okay for me to wish death on say...George Bush in a sig? or even bodily harm?

As a democrat I think it is

Guest Dids

I find the .sigs that were pimping 'Mania (like anybody reading this board doesn't know what the fucking 'Mania card was) WAY more offensive than some lyrics that are obviously a joke.