TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cosbywasmurdered

Inappropriate sig

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
For example, Would it be okay for me to wish death on say...George Bush in a sig? or even bodily harm?

As a democrat I think it is

The Secret Service could have your ass if you were an American, though.

Guest FrigidSoul
For example, Would it be okay for me to wish death on say...George Bush in a sig? or even bodily harm?

I am an American *DUN DUN DUUUUUN!*

Mass is completely pro-democrat anyways...I mean even our Republicans views resemble the views of Democrats more than they do the GOP

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I am an American *DUN DUN DUUUUUN!*

Mass is completely pro-democrat anyways...I mean even our Republicans views resemble the views of Democrats more than they do the GOP

I meant if you said that you'd like to see the President dead.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Only a true moron would say that, I personally don't agree with the man's politics but wishing death on him is so...Ghastish.

Guest FrigidSoul

Didn't somebody already get banned for making death threats towards George W. in the Current Events forum?

and on a wrestling orientated message board there could be people like 12 or 13 years old. They start repeating this and their parents hear then the parents ask where they got it from and it starts a whole chain of events which leads to Dames(or right now Tom) having to deal with a massive load of crap.

While a lot of 12 (not that 12 y/o sign-ups are allowed, I don't think) and 13 year olds are impressionable, they're not so impressionable that they take any of this to heart. If they do, or even worse act on it and think it's a serious message, they're messed up to begin with. Besides which, everyone of that age I know of on this board is better than that.

Either way, I think I'd tell the parents to stick it. You know, not letting the internet/television/radio police your kids and such...

Uhh, Manson, for the benefit of those of us who are old and slow (and who also, incidentally happen to be parents), could you explain how allowing your child to come to a message board equates to letting the internet police your children?

I mean, it would be one thing if I were, say, to allow my son to surf the net unsupervised, with no knowledge of where he goes to when he's online... but not only do I not do that personally, it didn't seem to me as though FS was implying in his scenaraio. In fact, it seemed to me that he was implying the exact opposite; if I check out a website that my son wants to go to, and it looks innocent enough, I'm probably going to allow him to go... I'm not going to just leave it go at that, though; I'm going to log onto the site myself every couple of days, just to make sure that the content is appropriate for my child.

Now, suppose I check this site every two or three days (for the sake of argument, let's say that it's a Spongebob message board, or something), and in between days when I check in, somebody registers to the site and decides to post some Anal Cunt lyrics in his signature: do I not have a right to be offended by that, and to want to complain to the site's admin?

Based on my understanding of your post, it seemed to me as though you think that if my son happened to see that, that it is due to some failure on my part as a parent. Is that how you really feel? :huh:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

In what thread was the death wish on Bush from?

And damnd, I thought the rule restricted to only banning people for wishing death on someone here.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I've been told that the rule now MAGICally means that they have to say they're coming after you to kill you.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
GHAST~!

(gotta love the oldies...)

Indeed. I almost miss that spider man loving death wishing fool.

A man with dreadlocks holding his arm and a white guy on a snow board raped my dog when I was a child and the KKK took her puppy away.

Therefore, KKKtookmybabyaway should be banned for offending me thrice.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I just skimmed this whole topic...I find it stupid. What I'm really wondering is:

CWM is going to be a dad?!

I know, I'm scared too....

See these?

OO

They're called balls. Grow 'em.

Parody is protected under First Amendment, correct? Larry Flynt proved this when Falwell tried to start shit, right? And any forum that could potentially talk about child abuse or drug usage, as TSM could with the Current Events, Movie, Music, LSD, General Chat, and Hardcore Discussion folders (as well as all of the wrestling folders), would prove that the topic could arise, and thus not be obscene, right? So not only is his display of lyrics meant to parody an incredibly serious situation allowed under law, but as it is not obscene to possible discussions at the forum, it's not breaking the rules.

For fuck's sake, people, seriously. In my sig, I've had myself telling people to perform analingus upon myself ("TOSS MY SALAD, HO~!"), pictures of underage smoking (myself holding a cigarette), half-naked pictures of underage teenagers (myself and my girlfriend after taking a shower together, albeit wearing towels), and several profane words (such as fuck, cunt, shit, bitch, cock, queef, and the like). And you get angry over a God damned ANAL CUNT song?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Whoosh Corey...very Whoosh.

And you're wrong about something. Well what he says could be allowed in some places this isn't neccassarly that place. The people who deem what can and can not be said are Dames and the mods.

Besides that the fact is that his sig wasn't even the point of the thread, nor was I complaing about his sig.

All I wanted was for the rules to be defined better about what is and is not appropria for sigs.

That's been explained numerous times in this thread. It isn't that hard to get.

Guest FrigidSoul

I don't think anybody is arguing against half naked 16-18 year old girls being in sigs. You being half-naked is a different story though... please, think of the well being of our penises next time.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

and where did I get angry over it anyway? I don't care about Anal Cunt lyrics. Christ I own vd's by them.

"Whoosh"? What is this "whoosh" you crazy kids speak of these days? Is this similar to "ownage," or more like "toolage"?

And yes, I'm sure Anal Cunt did give you VD's. I mean, it's an anal cunt, after all.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Corey Lazarus is my new God. (throws away picture of DrTom) Mmmmmm....(praises)

Guest Agent of Oblivion

...why do you want rules to be defined better? Let your hair down, paternity's fucking with you.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I know it is...I actually swerved out of the way when I saw an old lady in the road today. I'm losing it.

I want rules better defined so that people aren't banned on a technacality just because someone gets ban happy.

See these?

OO

This would've been more effective if you actually posted a picture of testicles

So is everyone under the agreement that the closest this board has to an 'offensive' sig is an Anal Cunt lyric? And not even one of their worse lyrics??

If so, then I don't think we need to be in a hurry to set a rule about having offensive sigs. When we finally find one, we'll know that a rule is overdue.

See these?

OO

This would've been more effective if you actually posted a picture of testicles

Thats a big ass sig of ugly white guys if I must say so my self.