TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justcoz

Do we need the funny Kurt Angle as GM?

I was all for the idea of Kurt being used as GM on Smackdown but something was just lacking last night. There was no entertainment value at all to his presence. I know the longstanding debate with Kurt was how the company missed the boat in people taking him seriously as a main eventer due to the character being heavy in comedy and campiness. I was all for the latest incarnation as Kurt as bad ass/serious heel. WHEN HE WAS WRESTLING. I don't think the bad ass/serious routine is going to cut it in a non wrestling capacity.

There are serious elements I think Kurt should have in his role. First of all, as GM of Smackdown, he has power over that unworthy, non role model, drug abusing, lying, cheating, stealing Champion. Was there any mention of that last night beyond him booking the Booker T title match? His character should definitely be giving Eddie a difficult time because he doesn't want the man representing his brand.

Also, in terms of America lacking morals, Kurt should be all over John Cena and worried about FCC attention, etc. Perhaps pulling the old Right To Censor routine during Cena's raps.

Maybe Kurt objecting to RVD talking about getting high? Beyond that Kurt can still inject some humor into his character, especially with the Mysterio's, Ultimo's, FBI's, etc. I was just bored with him last night. Where is the spark from a few year's ago? Like with Essa Rios cracks someone mentioned on here in another thread.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE AND MORE

Can you give GM Angle more than a week to see how they are going with it!

From the look of it, Angle was JUST getting comfortable with the position. Granted Angle has always been a "Jump right in" kind of guy, but I don't think this week's show should have been about "sweeping changes to the style" ect

Slow burns can be fun as well

BTW, I would have LOVED to have seen that Angle-HHH conversation. Its a shame they had it the way they did, I would have done it the opposite, with HHH threatning Angle's life if he doesn't trade him back to Raw, saying he owes him a favor or Kurt saying to HHH "I'll do it, but Hunter, you OWE ME BIG TIME! And you'll find, I am a man who COLLECTS on my DEBTS! Oh its true. Its damn true." And then you see Kurt calling Bischoff (How do you explain the Duds and Booker still being in the area is a good question, but one can come up with a reasonable explanation)

Steve

Guest BDC

I'd actually like to see the slant where Kurt laughs at Bischoff and says that Bisch cheated himself by trading those three for Triple H.

I'd prefer some Kurt over no Kurt, since the guy knows how to work a mike, also remember that whole neck dealio, he's not in the best position to be wrestling anymore. So let him talk.

BTW, I would have LOVED to have seen that Angle-HHH conversation. Its a shame they had it the way they did, I would have done it the opposite, with HHH threatning Angle's life if he doesn't trade him back to Raw, saying he owes him a favor or Kurt saying to HHH "I'll do it, but Hunter, you OWE ME BIG TIME! And you'll find, I am a man who COLLECTS on my DEBTS! Oh its true. Its damn true."

I would have found it funny if HHH threatened Kurt and Angle called Bischoff and traded him back to RAW for Rico and Jackie.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE AND MORE

I think that Kurt Angle censoring all kind of stuff would get boring kind of quickly, but yeah, I agree with taking a "wait-and-see" approach to the whole thing. Let's see a few more Smackdown! episodes before we give a yay or nay to Kurt.

Guest Cataclysm911

I'll admit that Kurt Angle has made me laugh quite a bit in the past. The Austin/Angle stuff was pretty funny. However, I'll take someone in a series role over a comedic role in this business any day of the week.

Guest Anglesault

I haven't laughed at a Kurt Angle comedy routine since 2001.

It's never gonna reach Austin/Angle levels again, so don't even bother.

Also, in terms of America lacking morals, Kurt should be all over John Cena and worried about FCC attention, etc. Perhaps pulling the old Right To Censor routine during Cena's raps.

Kurt Angle should hire Bill Alfonso.

Guest Brian

We definately need a serious figure, looking for reformation starting with the champ.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I'm sure that you'd find yourself getting very sick of evil Kurt Angle in a position such as General Manager.

And he's not exactly the "funny" Kurt Angle - there's a happy medium, and he's nailed it.