TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeputyHawk

FWA New Frontiers 2004

Guest DeputyHawk

from UK fan forums:

Mark Belton over James Tighe (by shifting is weight when Tighe didn't bridge a German suplex)

Mark Sloan/Avis Mayaan was thrown out, when Steve Corino appeared. Corino said he didn't do FOH 'cos he wanted to represent FWA and Alex Shane wouldn't let him. He challenged Shane to a match, which Shane refused. Doug Williams came out and challenged Corino to a title match.

Simmons and Burchill over Stevie Knight and George Costanza (Butler Buster)

Jonny Storm over X-Dream (Wonderwall Powerbomb)

C.M. Punk over Raven (Shining Wizard)

Alex Shane over Jack Xavier (Feet on the ropes)

Hade Vansen/Zebra Kid was a Double DQ, to set up the ladder match I guess

FWA heavyweight champion Doug Williams over Steve Corino 2-1 in a best-of-three-falls match (Alex Shane interference)

Night 2 of the tour (from last night) in Newport, Wales before 400 fans: Mark Belton b Mark Sloan, Raj Ghosh & Paul Travell b Jack Xavier & Ross Jordan, Steve Corino b Jonny Storm, Aviv Mayaan b Alex Shane, Doug Williams b C.M. Punk in 2/3 falls

CREDIT: Meltzer

Guest DeputyHawk

Various opinions on the show available on this forum: http://www.ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=43443

Here's a sample..

Loved the show, Atleast it finished about 15/20 minutes before Frontiers Of Honor did. My thoughts

Belton V Tighe - Good technical match. Enjoyed it tremendously. Crowd got nicely warmed up with it. Nice spots all the way. Surprised that Belton won to be honest, and I don't think he really should of but hey, should be good to see where they go from here

Aviv V Sloan - Well, one thing I got from this match is that Aviv is gonna be something someday. He looked decent for his first main show match. Was just starting to feel a Sloan win after some punishing DDT's when I look to my right and...

Steve Bloody Corino shows up! I was going nuts, as was everyone else, great pop. That was definetly a highlight of the night. Was something I thought I'd never see with Shane at the helm in the FWA, and I think alot of people were in stunned shock that they just had to go crazy. Loved the segment, will look fantastic on TV and on TV they can also hype the history more and more, good stuff. Shane was fantastic as a heel also I must say and I can't wait to see more from the New and Improved Alex Shane!

X-Dream V Jonny - Great match, Jonny was just awesome here playing heel. He will draw the casuals looking at the wrestling channel once his heel work gets on air. The guy amazes me. Should be the FWA champ by the end of the year. Super match, get X-Dream back over FWA

Can't remember if this was next but it'll do...

Stevie Knight and Jorge Costano V Burchill and Simmons? - Crazy mix I thought. Had a feeling it would be Burchill though when we got told the Duke had been laid out backstage earlier on in the night. Good match. SImmons is gold. His facial expressions are the best I have ever seen! Burchill looked even more menacing than usual ( the new hair helped! )

Raven V Punk - To be honest I was expecting a lot more brawling and weapon use. Pretty much a good wrestling match. I wasn't expecting much from it wrestling wise but Raven showed me alot tonight. Hope he becomes an FWA regular without a doubt! The fans loved him, I loved him, feel the love baby!

Alex V Jack Xavier - Not much of a match. Could of been so much better if they kept it in the ring and didn't mess around on the outside for 10 minutes. If bored me and I just sat back chatting about other issues to my brother and mates. Then I noticed something in the ring, wrestling again atlast. Decent ending, not much of a match, disappointment of the night but still, Shane rules!

Vansen V Zebra - I liked the match. For a 'hard man', those cartwheels Hade did kinda took away abit of that mistique for me, still enjoyed it, and the ref sure did take a pouding, being thrown to the floor must of killed him. Dodgey ending but I guess it does set up a ladder rematch at Crunch. Good match. Zebra should be champ in a year or two, has a great following!

I loved the segment with The Family, it was just perfect stuff. Was very surprised to see Drew McDonald as the new leader, I groaned out loud when I saw him but as he got talking I just got into it more and more and I think that it will lead to some very interesting stuff. Travell stays with The Family, good swerve, I think everyone was expecting him to leave, I know I was. Poor Ian and Ashe too for getting kicked out. Great stuff!

Doug V Corino - For once I wasn't burnt out and enjoyed this main event. I did go stand up though near the camera at the side of the Hall to make a quick exit but didn't take my eyes off the match. Crowed were decent. Still not that great but going on 11, you can't expect much else. FWA please get the timing better . Definetly want to see Corino back. Wicked surprise he was! And also, Doug as champ, its gotta go now I'm afraid in my opinion. We need a new champ!

Overall, fantastic show. 1 little let down for me personally in Alex and Jack Xavier but I still went home a very happy customer. Got plenty of pics (and King Slim I think you were definetly the guy in an AJ Styles shirt front row infront of me, I got the back of your damn head alot in some pics, and pull your trousers up! ). Raven signed the inside of my British Uprising 2 video case and my Simpsons mobile phone cover and he said while signing that, "The Simpsons, my favorite", yeah baby! My seats were great, £15, Row M, third row back, perfect view all the way. Got some great pics I'll post some in the week. The new venue is also very good. Shame it doesn't have a balcony but its nice inside, spacious and the surrounding area seems to be pretty decent.

All in all, couldn't of asked for a better night out. FWA sure as hell were back with a bang!

Well, I was there (as always) and it was an okay show.

1. James Tighe vs Mark Belton was a good opener.

2. Aviv Mayaan showed potential against Mark Sloan.

3. X-Dream vs Jonny Storm was entertaining without being as good as I hoped for.

4. The tag team match did what it was supposed to do, nothing more.

5. Raven vs C M Punk was frankly a disppointment.

6. Alex Shane vs Jack Xavier was also disappointing.

7. Hade Vansen vs Zebra Kid was stiff but had a bullshit finish.

8. Doug Williams vs Steve Corino was really good though.

Not as good as some of their other shows, particularly British Uprising I, Season's Beatings '02, Crunch '03 and Vendetta '03.

OK.

Guest Jimmy Saint

Turned up late during the start of Raven vs Punk due to traffic bs.

Found out Corino was there :headbang:

but frankly Raven and Punk needin't have bothered flying over. That was more by the numbers as any of their matches have ever been and to be honest I never thought their matches in ROH were that good anyway.

Corino vs Doug was great though. Thought it might be a styles clash but should have realised they are too good for that.

Corino vs Shane could be good if Corino can drag him there.

Guest Deviant

Williams vs. Punk in a 2/3 falls match? Tell me that it went 30+ mins and I am so buying that tape!

The first night doesn't sound too bad either. If it's a two-tape set I'd definitely consider it.

Guest DeputyHawk

Unfortunately from what I understand, its only the first night that'll be available to buy. The other two nights on the tour are essentially just house shows.

House show highlights have turned up on compilation tapes before, so anything's possible, although FWA are behind schedule on producing the tapes for the main shows at the moment. All said though, they do a great job with the tapes that do come out.

All FWA title matches are 2 out of 3 falls now, by the way, which includes matches against American Dragon, James Tighe and Steve Corino.

Guest DeputyHawk

Actually, with FWA showing on the Wrestling Channel, the odds are they're probably filming every show they put on right now, so Williams-Punk could easily start doing the rounds.

Incidentally, Newport was the third night of the tour. The second was in Enfield and the results were:

FWA Live in Enfield - Southbury Leisure Center, Enfield, London

Jonny Storm beat Mark Belton

The Family beat Aviv Mayaan & Jack Xavier

Nikita beat Darren Burrage

Steve Corino beat Mark Sloan

Alex Shane beat Ross Jordan

Burchill beat Tex Benedict

CM Punk beat James Tighe

As far as I know, every show is filmed without fail.

There is a good chance williams/punk could be released on a "best of crunch tour" video, or on something like a "fans most wanted" tape down the line somwhere.

Night 1 was a good show. Seeing Corino and Punk was awesome, I hope they develop a long term feud in Corino/Shane now, seen as they pushed it so much on the 3 nights. An extended british/american feud is what they need to do, instead of bringing guys over for one of shows/tours.

Guest bagga1

The Enfield show was a huge sellout of 391~ Here's a pic below. Fans had to be turned away

enfield.jpg

New Frontiers Brent

brent.jpg