TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

OAO 2004 MLB Games Thread

Bonds is the man. He RIPPED that ball over the fence. Pure strength...just amazing. What the hell was Oswalt doing throwing that ball right over the plate like that?

The Asstros blew it?

That made my day

Have no fear. I'm sure Pettitte and your boy Clemens will swoop in and shut the Giants down tomorrow and Wednesday.

Guest Anglesault

Nothing would make me happier then to see them both fall flaton their faces.

Guest Anglesault

Must you kill my dreams?

All I ask is for their careers to go on a vicious downward spiral. People (Not you...right now) act like I'm asking for human sacrifice.

All things considered, this has been a great day for baseball (on a personal level). Cubs win, Astros lose and the Tigers actually look competent. Bonds homering was absolutely surreal and the way the Stros sort of fell apart at the end of the game reminded me of the tail end of last season when the Brewers shook them up on the first game of the last series of the season and basically took them out of the race, as it had a domino effect on the Astros.

Bonds is the man. He RIPPED that ball over the fence. Pure strength...just amazing. What the hell was Oswalt doing throwing that ball right over the plate like that?

The real question is:

"What the hell was Oswalt doing throwing that ball?"

Seriously. Bring in a fresh arm, let your ridiculous bullpen do what they do best (since they basically held half of a no-hitter against the Yankees last year), instead of leaving your mostly dead arm (nearly 100 pitches) in to serve up a slowball for one of the best hitters of all time.

Seriously. Bring in a fresh arm, let your ridiculous bullpen do what they do best (since they basically held half of a no-hitter against the Yankees last year),

Half a no hitter? Oswalt left after the first inning; they threw eight no-hit innings against the Yanks.

But yes, Oswalt should have been lifted before Bonds. Jimy Williams amazes me; last year, he wouldn't have hesitated to hook him. This year, well, I dunno. That old curmudgeon is one wacky guy.

Guest Mosaicv2

well its 10:27 pm in the westcoast & the As/Rangers game is tie... lets see what occur... if this is the last post today... we sign off till tomorrow

Your math is off by an hour.

Hudson didn't have it tonight although there was some brutal calls by the umpire. Two runs on six hits looks okay but not when you have to throw nearly 110 pitches in just five innings to do so. On the bright side Jermaine Dye is just 17 RBI from matching his total for all of last season.

Big win for the Twins tonight.

Joe Mauer gets 2 hits and 2 walks, the ever questioned bullpen puts up 5 scoreless innings, and Shannon Stewart started earning those big dollars by hitting a walk-off homer.

Awesome.

Despite being dead tired, I found myself back downstairs and watching the last two innings of the As / Rangers game. Rangers looked like they had it on lock until good old Jeff Nelson was brought on and single-handidly blew the game.

Marlins open against the traveling Expos today.

Hernandez v. Beckett is the start, and I'm kind of looking forward to the game. Of course, they warned both teams before the game started. :(

Guest Evolution

I caught the tail end of the Oakland/Texas game, and enjoyed it. Jeff Nelson was looking pretty good on the mound, but it seemed like his pitches became more and more predictable and that burned him badly in the end.

Did anyone else catch the end of this game to hear an Oakland fan chanting "Let's Go Arthur!"...for about five straight minutes?

Marlins bullpen already blew their first lead of the season. Beckett was outstanding today, 7 IP, 9 K, 4 Hits and 1 earned. But Fox gave up a run in the 8th to tie the game at 2. Here's hoping the Marlins can pull it out.

On the plus side, Choi hit a 2 run HR. Maybe he'll be better off as Marlin than as a Cub.

Armando Benitez is already my new favorite player!

Marlins win DESPITE him giving up a 9th inning HR to Jose Vidro and double to Carl Everett. Oh man, here's hoping the staff can throw a lot of complete games.

Guest Mosaicv2

Giants & Astros again tonite on ESPN 2... BONDS VS CLEMENS... the showdown of the season... at 8:00 pm

Guest OctoberBlood
Giants & Astros again tonite on ESPN 2... BONDS VS CLEMENS... the showdown of the season... at 8:00 pm

Hopefully the Stros blow it again, and Bonds hits #660 and #661 to win the game. Boo-Yah.

Guest Mosaicv2

Hopefully the Stros blow it again, and Bonds hits #660 and #661 to win the game. Boo-Yah.

maybe... or maybe not... remember... Clemens

The nationally televised game between the Red Sox and Orioles Sunday night was the most-watched regular season major league game in ESPN2 history.

The game between Boston and Baltimore drew a 1.9 national rating, up 36 percent from the network's previous opener in 2002.

he ratings did not include the Boston and Providence markets, which carried the game on local TV. Still, nearly 2.2 million people tuned in for baseball's first game of the year played in the United States, five days after the Yankees and Devil Rays opened the 2004 season in Japan.

The Orioles' 7-2 win drew a 1.8 rating among men aged 18-34, the highest for that demographic of any regular-season major league telecast on the network.

Im betting a good majority of the number was from Baltimore though.

Stupid Comcast Sportsnet didn't carry the game.

and its still 3-1 into the 6th. Schilling is close to 90 pitches..hopefully they can get him out of there and get to the bullpen.

To go along with that post, this spring training had the highest attendance since 1994. Perhaps last years postseason brought baseball back.

Hoorah!