TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corino 1000

10 year anniversery

Guest Corino 1000

Alright here as we all know today is April 5th 2004 ten years after Kurt's passing. I got this Idea from a Spin magazing but whatever. What do you think would have happened to Kurt if if he never killed himself ten years ago?

Well I think probally Kurt would have made a couple of solo records you know. He would probally get less and less popular as the fads ends, of course he would still have his base of Hardcore fans fans but you know what I mean. He'd probally divorce Courtney Love and take custody of the kid. Then probally retire from music to raise his daughter.

Well thats really all can think of. You guys have any idea what would have happened to Kurt if he didn't kill himself ten years ago?

Nirvana would have faded with the rest of grunge, Kurt would have gone into a drug binge and killed himself just a few years later.

And maybe the Foo Fighters wouldn't have happened.

Sorry if it's not praise, but I don't think they're the greatest ever.

Guest Corino 1000

Its your opinion dude. Yea your probally right though if Kurt didn't kill himself ten years ago he would have done it 9 years ago.... :(

Guest Choken One

Thank god Kurt killed himself before he became a nuisence to music...he would disbanded Nirvana...become the WHitney/Bobby of mid-90's...done random acoustic live albums that no one buys because he would have made no sense with all the drugs in his system and would have died of an eventful overdose.

He saved us the misery of watching him decline, He gave us three years of over rated decent at best material and did the best thing he ever did, Killed himself so the world would never remember how mediorce he was.

He would have lived a few years longer, probably killed himself on some drug overdose, and he would never had that legendary status of himself.

Mind you him dying before Nirvana started would suit me as well.

Why does every post in this thread remind of a bunch of sheltered twerps babbling 'drugs are bad mmmkay'?....

Guest BANKYWOOD

Bah. Even the deepest in addiction can clean themselves up. Who knows where Cobain would have been? But much like Lennon years after the Beatles - people kept talking about him. I think it would've been the same with Cobain.

I am not saying Nirvana or Cobain was as great as the Beatles - but Nirvana's impact in the 90's is somewhat comparable to the Beatles.

What happened to Pearl Jam?

Same thing would've happened to Nirvana. And Kurt didn't kill himself.

I think the Grunge bands like Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam would have gotten a bit more success later on. Nirvana would maybe lasted a year or two with the tensions between the band members, and Courtney Love

What I would have liked to have seen: Kurt divorces Courtney, breaks up Nirvana, and enters rehab. Cleans himself up, and because he's out of the public eye, he's able to stay clean. Maybe pump out some solo work.

Pearl Jam was able to successfully slough off the casual fans, and pretty much just focus on their core fans. Nirvana *could* have tried to do that, but I don't know if it would have worked. Kurt would have still been the focus, which wouldn't have been conducive to cleaning himself up.

Guest Choken One

Nirvana didn't have fans...They had people who liked them because MTV said to like them.

Guest Corino 1000

Indeed he didn't! It was Courtney Love....fuck that bitch!!!! :firing:

Guest ian.

I love the way Kurt's death gets talked about and Layne's isnt even an afterthought.

Rest in peace Layne.

Guest BANKYWOOD
If Vedder would have killed himself 10 years ago today then Pearl Jam would be everyone's favorite. And MTV would claim Jeremy as the best video ever.

Nah. Cobain was far more popular than Vedder was. As a matter of fact, Nirvana was infinitly more popular than Pearl Jam.

Nirvana didn't have fans...They had people who liked them because MTV said to like them.

You are a silly man.

We might have gotten another album as good as Unplugged or In Utero, which I would have welcomed. Of all the grunge bands - and all those lumped into the grunge category - Nirvana had one of the best pop sensibilities, even through their more abrasive stuff. That style of music might have stuck around for a while longer, and it might have been better.

We'd also probably see Kurt Cobain getting a little chubby (assuming he got off the drugs), which would be weird.

I love the way Kurt's death gets talked about and Layne's isnt even an afterthought.

Rest in peace Layne.

It's only been a few years since Layne's. Plus, Kurt's was at a time when Nirvana was still pretty popular. Layne's came at a time when AIC was pretty much out of the public eye.

Guest Choken One

and wasn't as I guess I should say whorish as Kurt was...Kurt dispite how he acted WANTED you to notice him...Layne just made good music and kept quiet.

Guest Choken One

exactly...It was always about George and Paul but his egotistical ass wouldn't accept the fact and made his VASTLY over rated music and then HIRED (Yes you heard me) Chapman to kill him. The Catcher in the Rye affect was Yoko's idea.

It wasn't a lunatic or Nixon or Stephen King...it was completely John Lennon's idea.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

lmao.

Unless you're a weakminded fool the media can only steer you in the direction of something.

C'mon. Do we all like HHH because he gets pimped like nuts? No.

I've never watched mtv. I get the channel, but I think it sucks. I like nirvana because of my own opinion no one elses.

None of my friends liked nirvana when I got into them.

saying the media is the sole reason for a band's popularity is stupid.

Guest Anglesault

If he didn't kill himself in 94, He would have killed himself before 97. I don't see him lasting much longer than two more years.

Guest Anglesault

Indeed he didn't! It was Courtney Love....fuck that bitch!!!! :firing:

Good Lord. Courtney is barely capable of dressing herself. You really think this woman could organize and execute complicated murder?

If it wasn't for Andy Wood overdosing, Nirvana would never be big.

How do you figure that? I could see saying PJ, since there were a couple members in MLB, but Nirvana?

The only bands it'll hurt is Nirvana and Pear Jam. Alice In Chains, was allready sucessful before Nirvana was allready big touring with Metal acts like Megadeth and Slayer, and Soundgarden was a popular band in Seattle before Nirvana broke out.

MLB was going to have a major impact before Wood dying, and you could tell especially the supergroup Temple of the Dog was released their one album and somewhat big hit, Hunger Strike.

Guest Choken One
It seems to be the cool thing to hate Nirvana lately. I don't understand it.

because we are finally starting to see that it was all just MTV making them look better then they truely were.

I LIKE NIRVANA. I just think they get blown too much because Kurt Blew himself.

Foo Fighters are better, AIC was Better, PJ was better, Soundgarden was better...