TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Canadians = Evil?

After reading Keith's RAW rant, he notes (from the WON) the reason why Benoit is being hailed from Atlanta is because they don't want their top face stars as Canadians. Hence, Jericho is now from NY and why Christian is still from Toronto. Also, even though she's a heel, Gail Kim is now from Korea. I'd say this is one of the most idiotic decisions to make, but then i rememberd that we had Bushwacker 2K4 debut tonight.

Guest Fook

It makes sense.

La Resistance is now from Quebec and Christian's moved back to Toronto. They also have Trish and Storm from Canada, both of whom recently turned heel.

Guest Choken One

It amazes me they even put effort in something that only WE pay attention to.

I doubt that Ronnie and Clem in Alabama had this convo

Ronnie: I hate that feller, Benoit there

Clem: Why is that?

Ronnie: He's a damn canuck

Clen: I'll be DAMNED.

Ronnie: Wait...He's from Atlanta? Thats in AMERICA! WHOO! GO BENOIT! Order up Backlash Baby!

Clem: But man, Look at that Christian fella...not only does he get to bump uglies with Trish...He's from Canada do

Ronnie: I hate that Bastard.

Next Week

Ladies and Gentlemen...From Calgary...Alberta...Canada...RANDY ORTON.

And When Bret returns to WWE

Ladies and Gentlemen...From Des Moises, Iowa...BRET HART!

Do they really think the marks are going to get behind Benoit and Jericho less if they're billed from Canada? And what happens when they run shows in Canada? All of a sudden they're Canadian again? :rolleyes:

Guest Mulatto Heat

Vince is paranoid in that he doesn't want to create another Canadian Hero a la Bret Hart.

You know he's had a love/hate relationship with the country since 1997.

Guest wrestlingbs

I noticed this too while I was watching. This is one of those things where you can look at it any way and it still comes off as idiotic. WHO THE HELL CARES WHERE THESE PEOPLE ARE FROM? I don't care if Gail Kim is so Canadian she dated Dudley Doright, I still think she's a fox. And why change Nidia's hometown to Puerto Rico after promoting her for years as southren trailer park trash?

The conspirancy theorist in me also wonders if benoit changing his hometown before Backlash is just a cooincidence.

WHO THE HELL CARES WHERE THESE PEOPLE ARE FROM?

Ladies and Gentlemen...From Calgary...Alberta...Canada...

It's all part of the up coming MR. SERIOUS LANCE STORM god push!

Edge is still Canadian...right?

No, he will now be refered to as the Huntington Beach Good Boy Edge~

Guest Choken One
Jericho's from Manhasset, NY? That rich North Shore bastard. :D

DOONT YOOOUUU WIIIISHHH YOU WEEERREE HHHHIIIM?

No, when you're a rich south shore bastard, you get over it.

Can't argue with that logic.

South Shore > North Shore > central parts of the Island

Suffolk > Nassau, though.

Guest wildpegasus
After reading Keith's RAW rant, he notes (from the WON) the reason why Benoit is being hailed from Atlanta is because they don't want their top face stars as Canadians. Hence, Jericho is now from NY and why Christian is still from Toronto. Also, even though she's a heel, Gail Kim is now from Korea. I'd say this is one of the most idiotic decisions to make, but then i rememberd that we had Bushwacker 2K4 debut tonight.

This now heads my official list as the stupidest thing purposely done in the history of the ring. I'd go on a rant but the WWE's just not worth it.

Guest Anglesault
No, when you're a rich south shore bastard, you get over it.

Can't argue with that logic.

South Shore > North Shore > central parts of the Island

And *this* is where the conversation goes over everyone's heads but ours.

Suffolk > Nassau, though.

Wouldn't go that far.

Why exactly is Nidia now from Puerto Rico? Is the WWE trying to seem more global by having wrestlers announced from "exotic" locations as Korea and Puerto Rico now?

I live in Puerto Rico and every time she comes out the announcers(Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera)make sure to remind everyone she is from Mayagues

I'm trying to figure out the point, because the fans were behind Bret all the time when he was face and he was from.....Canada. Everyone knows all these people are Canadian and one of the best parts about Backlash was supposed to be the hometown hero defending the gold against one of the most hated men in the country and HHH. I mean Benoit will still be amazingly over, but he won't get that " Now entering the ring, from Edmonton..." pop

Guest wildpegasus
I'm trying to figure out the point, because the fans were behind Bret all the time when he was face and he was from.....Canada. Everyone knows all these people are Canadian and one of the best parts about Backlash was supposed to be the hometown hero defending the gold against one of the most hated men in the country and HHH. I mean Benoit will still be amazingly over, but he won't get that " Now entering the ring, from Edmonton..." pop

THe mayor of Edmonton Bill Smith will be presenting a special welcome home ceremony for Chris Benoit on April 15 at 12pm noon in City Hall.

Interesting news. Normally the WWE loves publicity like this but it'll be interesting to see if they avoid it now.

BTW, How long has Jericho been billed as coming from New York?

I'm trying to figure out the point, because the fans were behind Bret all the time when he was face and he was from.....Canada.  Everyone knows all these people are Canadian and one of the best parts about Backlash was supposed to be the hometown hero defending the gold against one of the most hated men in the country and HHH.  I mean Benoit will still be amazingly over, but he won't get that " Now entering the ring, from Edmonton..." pop

It started tonight, I think.

Guest Choken One

he was announced from being from New York in WCW a couple times during the whole thing about his father...

Guest JMA

I'm guessing that the higher ups are telling the talent that the hometown changes are to make things "more realistic." It's odd that Lance Storm doesn't know, though. He's friends with most of the Canadian wrestlers and you'd think he would ask them about it. Of course, that's assuming management even gave them a reason for the changes.

I would figure in his own original hometown at WM XX, but I forgot most of the small PPV details already until I purchase the DVD.

Jericho was from Calgary in WCW, Winnipeg in WWF, I think.

This whole hometown thing is lame...part of the reason I like Jericho, Storm, Edge, and Benoit is that they ARE Canadian.

At least they finally put LaRes back in Canada...though I wish they ahd been named Bloc Quebecois all along.