TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kapoutman

Pearl Harbor

Recently, I catched two wrestling recaps that said "Wrestler X pearl harbors Wrestler Y". What is "Pearl Harboring" your opponent?

Guest Real F'n Show

Basically, what Japan did to the US to during WWII: Wrestler X attacks Wrestler Y without warning, leaving him beaten down, sometimes bloodied.

Basically, what Japan did to the US to during WWII: Wrestler X attacks Wrestler Y without warning, leaving him beaten down, sometimes bloodied.

Logical. I should have catched the reference.

BTW, Ben Affleck sucked in that movie. :ph34r:

Guest Real F'n Show

Logical. I should have catched the reference.

BTW, Ben Affleck sucked in that movie. :ph34r:

Yes he did.

not knowing "Pearl Harbor" and saying you should have "catched" something, methinks you're under 10 years old.

LOL2004!

Where did he say he didn't know of Pearl Harbor? Not knowing the term when involved in a wrestling sense is totally understandable. So shut the fuck up.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This has been a wrestling phrase for YEARS. Even Gorilla Monsoon said it back in the 80's. Knowing what "Pearl Harbor" was from WW II should've been a hint since it's a major historic happening. :angry:

This has been a wrestling phrase for YEARS. Even Gorilla Monsoon said it back in the 80's. Knowing what "Pearl Harbor" was from WW II should've been a hint since it's a major historic happening. :angry:

I know what Pearl Harbor is historically. The fact is that I'm from Montreal, Quebec, and only spoke french until the mid-90s. Vince, Lawler and JR never used the term, so I was wondering NOW what the term means in wrestling.

I watched wrestling in english back then, but couldn't catch the commentaries. That also explain some of my syntax mistakes.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I know what Pearl Harbor is historically. The fact is that I'm from Montreal, Quebec, and only spoke french until the mid-90s. Vince, Lawler and JR never used the term, so I was wondering NOW what the term means in wrestling.

I watched wrestling in english back then, but couldn't catch the commentaries. That also explain some of my syntax mistakes.

Oh good, I thought you were one of those "I've been a fan for a year" people. But judging from or signature, ou've wtched some dark day WWF.

But if you ask what a Pillmanizer is....::shakes fist in anger::

Oh good, I thought you were one of those "I've been a fan for a year" people. But judging from or signature, ou've wtched some dark day WWF.

But if you ask what a Pillmanizer is....::shakes fist in anger::

Nah, that I was old enough to understand english. :P

I've been watching since Wrestlemania 3, but I never fully understood the announcers. I've seen a LOT of WWF over the past 17 years.