TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

Stampede Wrestling 4/9 Card

ANNUAL GOOD FRIDAY SHOW

CANADA VS UNITED STATES VS JAPAN SUPER CARD

International Tag Team Title Match

Harry 'Bulldog' Smith/Apocalypse (champions) vs 'Hotshot' Johnny Devine/Dave Swift (challengers)

Commonwealth Mid Heavyweight Title Match

'Dirty' Duke Durango (champion) vs Abdull Hanish (challenger)

High Flying Singles Match

Ted Hart vs Jack Evans

Karnage vs TJ Wilson

Ricky Fuji (Japan Pro Wrestling) vs Matt Richards

Tojo Adachi vs Dandy Myers

Battle of the sexes

Randy Myers/Little Mac Empress vs Nattie Neidhart/Belle Lovitz

Chi Chi Cruz vs Marky Mark

Joe E. Legend vs Phoenix Taylor

Tag team match

Greg 'Pistol' Pawluk/Kirk Melnick vs Rod Rage/Kid Nicholls

From Stampedewrestling.com

I'll be attending. Anyone else from the Calgary area going?

I don't live anywhere around Canada, but Jack Evans vs. Ted Hart makes me envy you. I just got my first glimpse of Jack Evans from Main Event Spectacles, and what little offense he got in was very impressive. I definitely look forward to seeing more from him and this match should be amazing.

Guest Markingout

Wow! Evans and Hart again. If its anything like 1/24/03 we will see a great high-flying match.

Show was OK...here are my thoughts on it (copied from the Stampede board).

Greg "Pistol" Pawluk & "Kwik Kick" Kirk d. Dandy Myes & Marky Mark was fun for what it was, a solid opener.

Ricky Fuji d. Matt Richards was very good, the crowd wasn't into it but the work was superb.

Tojo Tomoyo d. Phoenix Taylor was solid, dead crowd hurt it, good match though.

Chi Chi Cruz d. Kid Nicholls was way too short, and wasn't all that good. Why fly in Cruz for 5:40 of a match?

Joe E. Legend d. Rod Rage was way too short, Legend was great, but this match was way too short. Again, why fly him in for 5:31 of a match?

"Torturer" Ted Hart vs. Jack Evans DCOR was really good. Easily match of the night.

"Ravenous" Randy Myers, "Little" Mac Empress & "Big" Mac Empress d. Nattie Neidhart & "Beautiful" Belle Lovitz was WAY TOO LONG. Nattie and Belle are fine women wrestlers, but it looks really bad for Randy to be struggling to beat them. And WHY WON'T THIS FEUD END? THis has been one of many nights where Nattie lost clean, then demanded a rematch. Why did this need 17 minutes but Joe E. Legend didn't even get 6? Terrible.

"Dirty" Duke Durango © d. Abdul Yanish was bad. Yanish is not good at all. Why not cut 4 minutes of stalling from this and give four more minutes to Legend/Rage?

T. J. Wilson d. Karnage was fantastic, Wilson is GREAT in the ring. Best match from Karnage in a long while.

"Hotshot" Johnny Devine & Dave Swift vs. Apocalypse & Harry "Bulldog" Smith ©, no contest was incredibly stupid. Lost in all the nonsense was that Devine turned on Swift. Devine punching Swift = no contest how? And of course, to completely ruin any suspense or drama for the rematch next week, Smith and Devine get control of Apoc and Swift and beat on them and send them to the outside. Way to blow off something that should have had more time to develop.

For all the build-up to this show and the acting of it being a "supercard", nothing was blown off or resolved, which should be the main point of a supercard. Nattie/Belle vs Myers in the CRAPTASTIC FEUD THAT WILL NEVER END is still going, the tag titles are vacant AGAIN, and everything was still "in two weeks, I'll get you!" and then in two weeks, it'll be "in two weeks, I'll get you!", and so forth.

Not exactly a bad show...just not a good show. A frustrating show.