TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Fantasy wrestling stock exchanges

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Are there any besides wrestlestock.com which closed down and although apparently under new ownership doesnt seem to be going anywhere.  I really enjoyed the whole concept, and I've been doing games like HSX movies, and Wallstreet Sports (sorta defunct at the moment) since about 1998.

Guest areacode212

I didn't even know there were wrestling stock exchanges. I used to be into HSX (and I bought a lot of David Arquette when I heard about his title win, expecting it to be a hot stock), but got bored with the whole thing. A wrestling version sounds like it might be more fun.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Uh..their all for fun, you dont win any prizes but you dont pay anything either.  I suppose the legal argument would be whether or not you could use the names of the wrestlers since the WWF has them copyrighted and all.  I know Wrestlestock was using the wrestler names, so they may have gotten a call from the WWF and that being why they arent up any more.

Its actually a pretty cool concept.  You bought and sold shares of wrestlers all based on the price.  This was all done in WS$ (wrestlestock dollars).  There were contests to see who could have the biggest portfolio over a month and year.

I had a few ideas and if I remember they were talking about adding new features.  Some of my ideas included show funds (think mutual funds) for RAW/Smackdown/Heat and PPVs, as well as funds for each of the titles.  

If you want to see roughly what it was like go to or Hollywood Stock Exchange, which as mentioned above is basically a site where you can trade stocks based on actors and movies.