TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Worst Baseball Team Of All Time?

Guest Anglesault

I never understood that mentality.

Just because the baseball has three of the biggest fuck up franchises in all of sports, every fan of every other team has to be more that satisfied with a win every thirty years so as not to offend the fans of those franchises?

Well, you know what?

Maybe if the White Sox didn't make a mockery of the entire sport and almost kill the god damn thing in 1919, they wouldn't be in the position they are in today.

Maybe if the Cubs weren't foiled by a fucking BLACK CAT in 1969, a ground ball in 1984 and a FOUL BALL in 2003, they'd stop being a joke.

And the Red Sox. Oh, the Red Sox. Where to begin? 85 years of total ineptitude and some of the most historically stupid moves in sports? A self fulfilling prophecy that these people have that somehow, no matter how good the team may be, some almighty force is gonna take time out of his schedule and ruin another year?

You ever think some of these teams LIKE to lose? The Fucking Cubs have adopted that in their nickname? And what about Boston? When the Red Sox eventually topple the Yankees and win the Series, what the fuck are they gonna complain about? Who are they gonna blame for everything that goes wrong for the Sox?

It's not my fault that those three teams can't or won't stop tripping over themselves. And I don't see why their ineptitude should make me not want to win as much as I can or be happy when they don't.

Guest Anglesault

At what point would I start embracing the failure and making a big joke of it?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Was there a world championship?

No?

Not only was it the second dark ages, but the only completely disasterous post-Ruth decade they've ever had.

Oh no, the poor Yankees went a whole 10 years without a world championship, boo fucking hoo.

18 years.

Sorry they had last won in 1978 prior to 1996. Thats not that bad only 18 years that a Yankees fan had to go without seeing their Club win a World Series. Those poor Cubs ( 95 years) White Sox (85) Red Sox (84) fans certainly have not had it as bad as the unfortunate Yankees

...Fuck the Red Sox.

<<Yankees fan for life. And yes I was a fan before their dominance between 1996-2000.

I also like the Mets and they suck.

Cubs I'd feel sorry for, but any team that blames their loses on "The Curse of the Goat" or "Curse of the Bambino" dissevres no pity. Just fucknig excuses for being chokers.

-The Cubs and White Sox have simply never had truly good teams. Each time the Cubs come close, it was due to a group of over-achievers, who they promptly re-sign and act shocked when they regress.

-The Red Sox had the dark ages after Ruth, though the extent of that firesale is often forgotten. Of the twenty five players on the 1923 Yankees, nine were former Red Sox. Two more came over in 1922 after half a Sox season, but they don't really count. That first great Yankee team was in reality an extension of the Red Sox dynasty of the teens.

-What I find remarkable about the Red Sox is that for all the ballyho of a curse, they've been the recepients of incredible good fortune. 1967, Carl Yastrzemski has the best two weeks in baseball history, and the Sox win the pennant by one game. 1975, the Sox are four outs away from losing the Series, and Bernie Carbo hits a three run HR with two strikes to tie the game. 1986, three runs down, three outs away from losing the ALCS (and down 3 games to one), the Sox score four go on to win the A.L. pennant. For every occasion of the curse, there's an anti-curse at work.