TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

thats because people are asleep watching S.A.

SA is a pretty boring team to watch, thanks to their good defense.

At least Ginobli is exciting to watch.

Look for Bruce Bowen's cheating defense or Robert Horry's flops.

thats because people are asleep watching S.A.

SA is a pretty boring team to watch, thanks to their good defense.

At least Ginobli is exciting to watch.

Look for Bruce Bowen's cheating defense or Robert Horry's flops.

Hehe...I just hate Bowen and Horry with a passion.

LA/Houston would have been so much better if either team could have at least thrown it into the ocean tonight... And the free throws? Ye Gods, that was terrible.

Normally, I don't kvetch about games needing to be high scoring, but when both teams are bricking it up, it gets rather tedious.

Also, all this whining to the refs is really pissing me off, just play the goddamn game, already.

Guest Redhawk

When Jim Gray first blew Kobe, did he implant a homing device into Kobe's ass? Man, he was on Kobe like white on rice ALL NIGHT. The buzzer wasn't even done sounding and I saw Gray on Kobe's shoulder.

Amazing how I just read on page 2 of this thread that the Spurs are boring to watch, yet the Lakers and Rockets give us a net burning 73-72 finish? The only reason the Spurs game was boring was because they whipped the shit out of the Grizz. While the ending of the Laker/Rocket game was exciting because it came down to the last possession, the other 47 minutes were damn near unbearable.

The Mavs/Kings series will cure the offensive deficiencies. That is if you hate watching defensive struggles and enjoy watching guys casting a shitload of 3's and playing matador "D".

The Mavs/Kings series will cure the offensive deficiencies. That is if you hate watching defensive struggles and enjoy watching guys casting a shitload of 3's and playing matador "D".

I'm expecting that series to wind up with many 120ish point games.

Guest Choken One
Amazing how I just read on page 2 of this thread that the Spurs are boring to watch, yet the Lakers and Rockets give us a net burning 73-72 finish? The only reason the Spurs game was boring was because they whipped the shit out of the Grizz. While the ending of the Laker/Rocket game was exciting because it came down to the last possession, the other 47 minutes were damn near unbearable.

I didn't say they were boring...AMERICA thinks they are boring. There's a difference.

San Antonio is the Chris Benoit of NBA.

+No Charisma

+Gets the title but Lakers(hhh) are still the focus of the leauge

+Respected for talent but fans perfer the flashy Mavs(All Offense zero defense=RVD) or the Star Studded Lakers (Big Names but old=Austin,Taker, Foley)

San Antonio can win this season again and it'll all be about how much a disapointment the FAB 4 Was for LA for the media instead.

I am not giving up on my Knicks yet!!! I never will!!! All we have to do is play a little bit better than we did in the 1st half of Game 1 and will a little more intensity and we will be right back in the series!!!

Thanks.

I am not giving up on my Knicks yet!!! I never will!!!

::Nets advance to play Pistons in second round::

"It's okay! Once they check instant replay to see that Marbury got hit by a folding chair, Commissioner Stern will make the Conference Semi-Finals a triple threat match!!

Thanks."

Guest Choken One

I'd dig a Three Way Basketball Game. Seriously...It can be pulled off...

I was wondering yesterday why didn't Francis try for a layup under the basket which would have drawn contact, instead of dishing it out to Jackson for the 3. Yeah it was a good look and those good looks usually should be expected to go in, but I figured Francis was going to try and make something happen under the basket.

I have another question. Regarding the restricted area under the basket. How long has that rule been in effect or has it always been like that? I don't understand how on one hand, if the defender has position and is run over it is charging, yet if he is in a certain spot, it is a blocking foul. I mean either it is charging or it is not, why should it matter where the guy is standing? Was there a particular good reason for this rule/rule change, or was it another attempt buy a major american sport, to make the game more offense-friendly?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

the "no charge zone" was put in two(?) years ago. Ok maybe three I dont know. Anyway the idea was that you cant run over a guy to get to the basket if you're already at the basket. I think the new zone defense rules were also a part of it.

My issue isn't with Francis (though it usually is) but with Jackson. Did he know the score? You don't need three! when Francis got in trouble he should have charged the net, not stand around at the three point line hoping for a pass.

A wide-open 3-point rhythm shot is 100% better than driving to the rim against O'Neal.

Also, Payton deserves MAJOR props for his denial of Francis. He showed me something I didn't think he had.

Oucha! Just watched the Pistons put the hurtin' on the Bucks.

You know the game's out of hand when they put in Darko. 3 guys with double doubles, 14 team steals, 4 blocks for Prince, 26 point win. This team can whoop some ass.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Was the Pistons defense that good or do the Bucks just blow?

I wouldn't be surprised if Francis was traded after this season.

I do see them trying to run their offense through Yao next year. But what would they want in return for Francis?

I would. His max contract makes him tough to move because not only do you have to find a team willing to take that money, but you also have to find a way to make balance the trade money-wise, thanks to the NBA's "equal money exchanged in trades" rule.

Plus, I just don't see it happening. He's a talented player, even if he is erratic (and I wonder about his basketball IQ). Unless Jeff Van Gundy just hates Steve as much as it seems given some of the comments he's made about him all this season, I figure Steve will be a Rocket next year.

I do see them trying to run their offense through Yao next year. But what would they want in return for Francis?

I don't know what the Rockets would want, but I know that they better go for a forward. They'll never win anything with what they currently have up front.

Guest Unwritten Religion

A Real PG. Although I like Steve.

I can see it from both sides.

* They definitely would like to trade Francis if they could get a really good forward to help out, especially since Yao still isn't a tough defender and seems to get into foul trouble early.

* It would be good to keep him since he is a huge part of their scoring.

Guest Unwritten Religion
I can see it from both sides.

* They definitely would like to trade Francis if they could get a really good forward to help out, especially since Yao still isn't a tough defender and seems to get into foul trouble early.

* It would be good to keep him since he is a huge part of their scoring.

Easy, just get a player from the draft(Don't sleep on the people in the draft this year) that could be a good forward. I say which ever pick they have, they need to get Hakim Warrick if he goes to the draft.

Or they could just trade Steve for a PF and draft Devin Harris from wisconsin.

Was the Pistons defense that good or do the Bucks just blow?

Pistons do have the top defense in the NBA. The Bucks have the forth best offense and they were held 8 points or so belowe their average. The Pistons were just nailing blocks and stealing left and right. While it might have been an off night for the Bucks, the Pistons dominated the game and should be credited for doing so.