TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

Have You Guys Given Up On Fixing WWE Forum

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I haven't seen any mods reply to the WWE folder thread in weeks, I've been lurking around the folder alot trying to see exactly what is wrong with it and I haven't seen any of the new rules really enforced and I see alot of the things that people have complained about still happening on a regular basis.

I'd just like an update on your guys plans for that folder, thanks.

The folder hasn't really been that bad over the last couple of months. Aside from a few dumb posts/topics here or there, I don't see too much worth complaining about.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I can handle "Bad" forums...HD is considered the shit hole of the board but I'm one of the most regular contributers there.

The WWE folder is just beyond bad, I've talked to lots of people and none of them post in that folder very much if at all.

What I personally hear the most complaints about are the OAORaw and SD threads. Have you ever tried reading those? They're awful full of one line or even one word posts that don't have anything remotely to do with a discussion.

There's nothing wrong with people marking out or bitching about things but it ruins the thread when it's like that. We really need to either get a chat room or get them to do an AIM chat...should be easy enough since it's a good bet most of these guys are AOL'ers.

I really want to see things improve. I'm not bitching for the sake of bitching. I was glad to see Loss and Sass try and change around the WWE folder. Sass knows I didn't agree with some of the rules but I really think that something more needs to be done.

You have the "Suspended From WWE Forum" category and there isn't a single poster in it.

oh god I just saw Gail Kim...FUCK

I had to read that like 10 times in that Raw thread to get it right, every time I read it, it looked like "oh god I just saw Gail Kum...FICK" I must have dyslexia. Or maybe I should get some sleep.

The comment of "I've talked to people and they don't post in the WWE folder" is full of shit. If they don't post in the WWE folder then they don't matter (in WWE folder terms). That was one of (my) problems with the initial "change" - it was spawned by "well, these people who have nothing to do with the folder are talking bad about it so we're going to change it for them, rather than the people actually in the folder". However _now_ you have people who post in the folder complaining about it. There are problems with pointless news posts as well as repetitive topics/news and I've noticed an increase in the past few weeks. Content is a problem - I didn't like the "No one liners" rule because I make a lot of them and there are times and places for them - however I think there should be a rule about excessive (shitty) posts.

This involves some mod interaction, with "action" being stressed. Loss hasn't been posting a lot, Goodear has occasionally (perhaps in threads I haven't read), and CC is the only "regular" that is being represented and I don't really see her as a "mod", maybe that's because she hasn't been flexing her cybermuscle or because she hasn't felt the need to, but it's nice to have that reminder once-in-a-while. You guys are (or at least should be) looking out for our ("our" as in those who post in the WWE folder, not those who don't) best interests and I don't see that happening.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

gee, maybe they want other posters to post in the folder too.

a radical idea I know but it might be possible.

I used to be a VERY big contributer to that folder before I got sick of it. and do you know how many people I talk to? I have about 90 TSM people on my AIM list and I talk regularly to at least half of them.

It's not like regular posters in that folder don't have problems with it too.

and look at some of the guys that made that folder famous for good discussions. Goodhelmet, RetroRob, SomeGuy, Vanilla Midget, Big Mclargehuge, etc? they're all at WDI or SKNT or they don't post often in the WWE folder any more

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Indeed. Good ol' Jay. I haven't talked to him in months.

RR for WWE Folder Mod Status.

Problem solved. Drive home safely

1. He was offered it last time and rejected it.

2. I personally like RRR but there are a number of people who don't. Normally they try to make universally popular people mods (Zack, Sass, Loss,etc.)

3. More mods solve nothing. The current mods are, as RRR said himself either not around much or seeminly not doing much.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Don't forget most RAW threads that don't include one liners and cheap jokes, then some people have to flame each other for no reason and it's just annoying. Flaming should be in Hardcore Folder, not WWE.

As I mentioned before

It seems to me to be such an easy fix. We don't need more folder mods, we don't need to change the format of the RAW threads.

People just need to take 10 minutes and pay attention to what is going on in the folder that day so they don't repost news or (accidentally) parrot other opinion/discussion threads. That and a one a day minor news thread would clean that up nicely.

Either that or fire, lots and lots of fire.

Cant change the posters, but you can certainly make it less dense.

2. I personally like RRR but there are a number of people who don't. Normally they try to make universally popular people mods (Zack, Sass, Loss,etc.)

Say WHAT? Somebody doesn't like RRR?

*grabs baseball bat*

Your names don't really impress me, sorry. I don't know if they were meant to, but I don't really have a sense of history or perspective with this place, and the names that I do know aren't very different. I only note a few posters/people for very-good to excellent discussions on wrestling, and maybe one of them is on that list. They don't post often at SNKT either. If the posters want to come back, then come back. There's no brick wall that's stopping them (that is, if they have already signed up.) It's pretty easy to customize this place to yourself - it's an interactive forum and you can control it to some extent. If you want a more intelligent discussion, then make one yourself. I like the folder for the most part, it's a LOT better than the majority of the wrestling boards out there, and I don't like the idea of the minority of people on the outside having more influence and making changes for the majority of people on the inside. If the Hardcore Folder (which was even cited) has problems with the WWE folder, that's like Mexicans criticizing the U.S. government for being corrupt, not exactly the best source for legitimate complaints. My (current) problem deals with people whose posts shove the good threads down; I want that changed, I'm actually someone who would be directly affected by that change, that should have a lil more weight than someone who probably wouldn't be.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'd be willing to bet that that the majority of posters would be in favor of changing things then leaving them as the status quo.

The whole idea that people who aren't directly involved at this moment aren't important is sheer foolishness.

This is feedback every poster has a right to offer there opinions on how things should be run and over time I've seen MANY more people asking for the wwe folder to be changed than it not to be involved.

Maybe the WWE folder people don't post in other forums. But then that'd mean that other posters are contributing more. I post in more folders than I don't as do alot of people, does that make my opinion more valid? No of course not.

You're also missing the entire pint of people's complaints. They aren't just bitching about things. These are people who WANT to post in the folder but aren't going to post somewhere where they're going to either be ignored or weighed down by dumb shit.

The idea of people outside the forum being more important than those in is the real foolishness. If they aren't involved then what gives their opinions worth? You can offer the feedback, but that doesn't mean it should be accepted, considered, then implemented despite them not losing a thing... which is what the braintrusts here did. I've heard complaints on other boards about TSM that were by people who haven't been there in 6 months and the majority of complaints were generalizations that contradicted each other at times, outdated, or just plain wrong.

If people actually wanted to post, they'd post. It's that simple. The people who "go outside" TSM to forums like SNKT don't post very much there in the first place, so I think the question is not about the folder than it is about the current product - I just don't think they're interested in it enough... And the people in Hardcore can't possibly be weighted down by more shit in the WWE folder.

Yes, there are problems with the WWE Folder. Yes, it can be improved. But not for the benefit of those outside of it. That risks alienating those within it, which means you are sacrificing someone who "might" post for someone who already "is" posting.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

and yet posters keep leaving so obviously you aren't keeping these posters. and these posters who "Might" post are for the most part posters who have in the past.

I understand what you're saying and I can agree with it up to a certain point. My thing is that the quality of the majority of posts is so much lower than it once is.

I think registrations need to be reopened and that the current WWE mods need to start paying more attention to things.

I've personally tried to restart posting in the folder a number of times but because of the poor quality of the convo's quickly gave up. Posters aren't going to post unless they see an improvement in the folder.

If they aren't involved then what gives their opinions worth?

This is amusing, because you've basically said: If you aren't involved here, your opinion is meaningless, and I believe that's the attitude that's caused the lack of "old school" posters to be in that folder, important or not.

There's a GREAT deal of post whoring that goes on in the WWE folder, and it's been that way since before you started posting here. You say you have no sense of history, so what gives you the right to comment on the importance or worth of those who USED to post here, but now don't due to the reasons that a LOT of people complain about?

I don't know if you've ever actually talked wrestling with Sass or Loss before, so I can't be 100% on this, but those two are two of the most knowledgable people as far as wrestling history goes. In addition, they also know what a good discussion/debate/whatever is about, so they're MORE than capable of eyeing a folder that is ripe with good discussion over a folder that is ripe with bad discussion and bullshit. Granted, they haven't been around very much lately, but you've got to understand that running this board is a task, and of course, if they weren't up to the task they shouldn't have taken the job... However, I'm pretty sure that most everyone would agree that they were up to the task.

So RRR, your WWE folder love is cute, but anyone who's actually been around for more than two years, has a much more broad idea of who is good, and what causes problems. Yes, you've got a valid opinion, and yes, it's valued in the grand scheme of things, but casting those who have left off as "unimportant because they are no longer involved here" or whatever, is just plain closeminded.

This is the only post I will make about this. Feel free to discuss whatever otherwise, though.

-Josh

I think -- and I hope I'm not stepping on toes -- Rudo's basic point is that he's content with discussing WWE affairs with the good posters currently posting in the folder and doesn't see the need to add more. Consequently, he'd like to see steps taken not to lure more posters to the folder, but to improve the quality of life for those in there...which on the grand scale he feels isn't all that poor. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this, nor am I even sure I'm reading it right. But, when looked at in that manner it becomes more understandable, and statements like the one Josh quoted above become less negative.

Rudo's kind of a dick, though, so I say the board and folder be opened to new people just to spite him. ;)

Fixing the problem with the OaO threads is simple. Either:

A) Create the thread AFTER the show, and designate an AIM chatroom for people to talk about RAW/SD/PPV during the show

or

B) Create the thread in the morning/afternoon, but lock it when the show begins and then unlock it after the show ends.

And there IS a lot of crap polluting that folder. Glennsoe's "Steph buys a new bra" news threads is just the tip of the iceberg.

Guest FrigidSoul
2. I personally like RRR but there are a number of people who don't. Normally they try to make universally popular people mods

3. More mods solve nothing. The current mods are, as RRR said himself either not around much or seeminly not doing much.

I'd rather people who can do the job correctly be in charge rather than popular posters who have no bussiness having powers. There are a few mods here who were given powers more-so due to their relationship with Dames and the other posters over whether or not they could actually do the job.

If they don't come around or do anything take away their mod powers. What's the point of giving it to somebody who isn't around to do anything when there is somebody around who is more than capable of doing so?

And there IS a lot of crap polluting that folder. Glennsoe's "Steph buys a new bra" news threads is just the tip of the iceberg.

Steph bought a new bra?! I must know EVERYTHING!

RRR for WWE Folder Mod Status.

Problem solved. Drive home safely

Yes, make him a WWE Mod. I'd say make him a Super Mod, but that is just me.

Say WHAT? Somebody doesn't like RRR?

*grabs baseball bat*

I really can see why, but that is why RRR is the man.

Well, I am a little biased since he is a fellow Angel/Buffy/Firefly mark.

I don't know if you've ever actually talked wrestling with Sass or Loss before, so I can't be 100% on this, but those two are two of the most knowledgable people as far as wrestling history goes.

I don't know about that, Bob Barron knows a shit load about wrestling history.

About the whole folder stuff; I rarely go into the WWE folder anymore. I do every now and then to talk about something, but the product isn't interesting me anymore. On the Road to WM, I was in there a lot more because I was interested in what was going on. But the product sucks again, especially Smackdown. I find myself not watching wrestling, and if I don't watch it, I won't talk about it.

When I do venture in there, I just ignore whatever the stupid people say. I think most of them are new to the "smart" world, but think they know everything. At one point everyone here was new to the "smart" world, and didn't know as much about stuff as others. I just believe that is where most of those people are coming from.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Once again Mole misses everything. RRR had been offered folder modship last time but turned it down.

And FS, you're personal bitterness ttowards certain mods is the exeption. 90% of people are just fine with Zack, the mod you are oh so cleverly hinting at.

Accusing him of being made a mod due to his personal relationship with Damian is BS. Thwew'a no way you can ever even know what goes on behind the scenes in the mod folder.

I don't even think you were here when Zack was made a mod, I certainly don't remember you.

Guest FrigidSoul

Actually CWM I didn't mean him solely. Thus why I didn't name names. Don't go placing words in my mouth to try and stir shit up. I put down "mods" for a reason.