TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

Have You Guys Given Up On Fixing WWE Forum

Once again Mole misses everything. RRR had been offered folder modship last time but turned it down.

They could offer it to him again, though.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Once again Mole misses everything. RRR had been offered folder modship last time but turned it down.

They've already selected folder mods. they don't need more mods, they need better posters.

They've already selected folder mods. they don't need more mods, they need better posters.

Hmm, good point.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I was just thinking about the WWE Folder and realized it had three mods: Goodear (I think), Loss(4words), and CanadianChick. Am I the only one who notices CC hasn't really done anything as a mod? If it weren't for the highlighted name in green, I wouldn't even notice.

I was just thinking about the WWE Folder and realized it had three mods: Goodear (I think), Loss(4words), and CanadianChick. Am I the only one who notices CC hasn't really done anything as a mod? If it weren't for the highlighted name in green, I wouldn't even notice.

I dunno. I believe I've seen her warn a few people here and there.

Loss was really hands on for a while but he seems to have backed off.

And Goodear will poke in and regain order every now and then.

Fact is though. To police that folder you need shifts. And you need whoever is on there shift to watch it and read every thread for the entire duration of there shift.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Obviously she's an excellent mod if you don't notice her doing her job.

I delete/move/merge threads quite often. That's what I mainly do.

That's what a mod should do. That, and ideally, foster discussion. But I think Mad Dog said it well (assuming he wasn't being sarcastic).

This is amusing, because you've basically said: If you aren't involved here, your opinion is meaningless, and I believe that's the attitude that's caused the lack of "old school" posters to be in that folder, important or not.

No. I said that (your) opinion in the affairs of the folder is worthless since you won't be effected by the changes - you have nothing to lose. So if you don't have a stake or share in what goes on in the folder, then you can't see it in the same light as those who do. I've heard criticisms that there is too much discussion and things move too fast in the WWE folder - that is one of the primary reasons I post there - so who are you going to side with? Me, the person who posts there, or them, the people who don't? The decision made a few months ago sided with those who don't and then those who did spoke out against it. Our opinion was never considered before making the decision, yet theirs were. That's retarded.

There's a GREAT deal of post whoring that goes on in the WWE folder, and it's been that way since before you started posting here.

You say you have no sense of history, so what gives you the right to comment on the importance or worth of those who USED to post here, but now don't due to the reasons that a LOT of people complain about?

Because I see them post elsewhere and am not very impressed. If they want to come back then they would come back. Again, it's pretty easy to make this place work for you. Cept a lot of people have bought into (their own) hype. So I doubt they'd even come back if things were changed, because they've labelled TSM WWE folder as a "lesser" folder and then proclaim their own brilliance.

I don't know if you've ever actually talked wrestling with Sass or Loss before, so I can't be 100% on this, but those two are two of the most knowledgable people as far as wrestling history goes.

Yeah, I like Loss and Sass. I wouldn't go as far as you in saying that, but they are certainly valued members of the forum (even if they never post).

In addition, they also know what a good discussion/debate/whatever is about, so they're MORE than capable of eyeing a folder that is ripe with good discussion over a folder that is ripe with bad discussion and bullshit. Granted, they haven't been around very much lately, but you've got to understand that running this board is a task, and of course, if they weren't up to the task they shouldn't have taken the job... However, I'm pretty sure that most everyone would agree that they were up to the task.

But they haven't done anything to improve the folder, at all. Loss seemed game at first but then he just gave up. There are people _in the folder_ complaining and they aren't doing a thing about it.

So RRR, your WWE folder love is cute, but anyone who's actually been around for more than two years, has a much more broad idea of who is good, and what causes problems.

Oh, so 2 years isn't enough... riiight. "WWE Folder Love"? I know the folders strengths and weaknesses, but you're confusing "anti WWE folder hate" with "WWE folder love", I've complained about the folder enough in this thread, but my complaints actually have something behind them. I'm in there, people who aren't don't have that same perspective.

Yes, you've got a valid opinion, and yes, it's valued in the grand scheme of things, but casting those who have left off as "unimportant because they are no longer involved here" or whatever, is just plain closeminded.

WWE Folder posters should take priority before anything anyone says outside the folder. It's like that. When the changes were made originally we weren't thought of and it showed. Putting more stock in their opinions than ours is really closedminded.

This is the only post I will make about this. Feel free to discuss whatever otherwise, though.

-Josh

Figures.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

people who do post in that folder either have or are complaining RRR. I've posted a few times over the weekend and it took that short of a time for me to be reminded why I stopped posting there in the first place.

I think your insistance that people who stopped posting should either start again or stop complaining to be wrong. People don't come back not because they've "Bought into their own hype" but because they don't want to wade through the crap.

Guest FrigidSoul

Thing is "those people" you speak of haven't voiced their opinions on the matter. Thus why should they change something for a small minority when the large majority using it like what's going on? Until regular posters from that folder come in and express the same concerns as you I don't think they're going to see reason to change anything.

I mean you're allowed to your opinion, but right now you're in the small minority of what people think(unless they come forth as I previously said) so looking for the type of wrestling conversation you want would have to come from somewhere else. SNKT, WDI, Other boards are all options. The downside is not being able to converse with some of the posters who's opinions you do value but nothing is perfect.

So you stick here and skim read/scroll through posts you don't like to get to the people who's opinions do matter to you or you go elsewhere and perhaps find conversation better suited to your needs but lose the insight of a few people. Those appear to be the choices of the minority that dislike the WWE forum.

Guest Salacious Crumb
That's what a mod should do. That, and ideally, foster discussion. But I think Mad Dog said it well (assuming he wasn't being sarcastic).

I was being completely serious.

Guest SP-1

The WWE folder was one of the factors that attracted me here almost 2 years ago. But, like alot of others, the folder became progressively worse and I just lost interest in it because of all the mindless crap. I think someone in this thread earlier said something about alot of smarks who think they know alot but don't really and I agree with that. Throw a couple of smark words at them and they run with them thinking they're super knowledgable. That's pretty annoying. But not so annoying as every other post being something about how HHH is the devil or how stupid Vince is or some such other negativity.

And may you never like a certain performer who the others don't.

This does not breed good discussion. Especially not amongst newbies and hard-headed people. That's why alot of us left that folder. We're also capable of attempting to read it every now and then, like I do, and see that it hasn't improved much at all.

Fortunately, there are other boards out there that foster intelligent, well rounded wrestling discussion and that's where I go to do so. Same as CE or any other folder. There are a few "spinoff" boards with people from TSM who want to talk with some degree of fun AND intelligence.

If the WWE folder ever straightens up, alot of those who left would come back and be more active. But don't expect anyone to when their opinion suddenly "doesn't count" after they spent time trying to fix it before the newer people ever got here.

That's what a mod should do.  That, and ideally, foster discussion.  But I think Mad Dog said it well (assuming he wasn't being sarcastic).

I was being completely serious.

I figured, I was just covering all my bases. They belong to us. :ph34r:

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Thing is "those people" you speak of haven't voiced their opinions on the matter. Thus why should they change something for a small minority when the large majority using it like what's going on? Until regular posters from that folder come in and express the same concerns as you I don't think they're going to see reason to change anything.

I mean you're allowed to your opinion, but right now you're in the small minority of what people think(unless they come forth as I previously said) so looking for the type of wrestling conversation you want would have to come from somewhere else. SNKT, WDI, Other boards are all options. The downside is not being able to converse with some of the posters who's opinions you do value but nothing is perfect.

So you stick here and skim read/scroll through posts you don't like to get to the people who's opinions do matter to you or you go elsewhere and perhaps find conversation better suited to your needs but lose the insight of a few people. Those appear to be the choices of the minority that dislike the WWE forum.

I see numerous people speaking up in this thread and in previous threads not to mention in numerous threads in other folders.

take a poll. and ask people if they think the WWE Folder has serious problems.

I garuntee you most would say "Yes"

Guest FrigidSoul

Again though, I'm not seeing regular contributors to the forum voicing their disconcern.

Those people need to come in and voice their disconcerns or it all seems like here-say

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Or that they don't come into other forums?

And what makes a regular contrbibuter. Every person on the board has an equal say. period.

We all contribute to the board.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Anyway, All arguing aside for now, I'm still waiting for a mod to respond to this thread.

Specifically Sass or Loss.

Guest FrigidSoul

You really believe that somebody who doesn't have anything to do with one forum on the board has just as much say as somebody who posts constantly there and for the most part only posts in said forum?

George W has visited Canada a few times. Perhaps he should have some say in the way things are run up there.

Perhaps more extreme but the example is on the same lines.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
You really believe that somebody who doesn't have anything to do with one forum on the board has just as much say as somebody who posts constantly there and for the most part only posts in said forum?

George W has visited Canada a few times. Perhaps he should have some say in the way things are run up there.

Perhaps more extreme but the example is on the same lines.

Considering your tendancy to critiize a folder you aren't even allowed to post in I don't think you have any room to speak.

Guest FrigidSoul

I spoke of the OAOAST Mod folder, which I was allowed to post in for like 3 hours.

So THERE~!

really, I'm trying to actually have meaningful discussion on the subject and you throw bunny punches.

Edit: Not to mention I didn't critise what kind of convo was going on in the folder but the fact that people didn't repremand somebody for their actions and telling off everybody else on an issue in there.

But when points are made you stick to that smear campaign. Its doing wonders.

Edited by FrigidSoul

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I spoke of the OAOAST Mod folder, which I was allowed to post in for like 3 hours.

So THERE~!

really, I'm trying to actually have meaningful discussion on the subject and you throw bunny punches.

Edit: Not to mention I didn't critise what kind of convo was going on in the folder but the fact that people didn't repremand somebody for their actions and telling off everybody else on an issue in there.

But when points are made you stick to that smear campaign. Its doing wonders.

You haven't made any points that haven't already been brought up and discussed in this topic.

It's no smear campeign. I've seen your posts in the OAOAST folder when you refused to stop posting after being warned not to.

Enough of the childish banter.

Rudo is the only wwe regular I've seen speak up. THat doesn't mean they don't want changes, it can mean anything. you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hole.

Honestly, I already said I was done arguing and was waiting for mods to speak on this and other things, but you had to keep going.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Rudo's posts pretty much covered everything I think, otherwise I would add in my 2 cents.

The only things of note are the minor news like "Orlando Jordan lost his ring attire" should be condensed into one topic, I believe the mention of the RAW/SD threads where they are flooded with usual 1 liners/1 worders should stop. I for one am in favor for the removal of the thread during the shows. All the "discussion" happens throughout the hour and it's usually a hassle having to scroll threw 1000 "Orton sucks" posts every time.

I noticed a lot lately all the news of Brock Lesnar or Kevin Nash (or pretty much anyone not in WWE) being posted in WWE. Those two examples are no longer employed by WWE, and thus should NOT be in the WWE folder. It's called General Wrestling. Ditto goes for people who post TNA news in the WWE folder too (I know its happend at least once this week)

The last paragraph has been kept under control for the most part, but I thought everyone had the brains to know what goes where. It's really annoying when a Mod has to edit something like all caps titles or move it because a random poster can't do it right themselves.

While the childishness of some in the wwe folder, especially those that can dish out the insults but can never take it, or those that insult you if you disagree with their omnipotence annoys me, I don't see much wrong with the folder, nor am I in favour of removing the OAO Raw and Smackdown threads. I like them, I like reading impromptu posts about what's happening on the shows.

My biggest beefs are the repetitive topics (lets talk about how Orton sucks!) that should only get one thread, if that, but seem to pop up once every so often.

Other than than, I agree with pretty much everything RRR posted here, especially his rebuttal to IO.