TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spiny norman

The OAO Raw Thread 12 April 2004

From the WWE Site:

The final RAW before Backlash comes to you from Chicago, and it was already announced that RAW will feature a thriller of an Eight Man Tag Team Match. By order of RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff, all four members of Evolution will face Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley and Shelton Benjamin. The question is, what condition will Benoit and company be in for the match. Last week, Evolution sent Benjamin to the hospital and later pulverized Benoit, Michaels and Foley to end the evening. Will they be able to recover for this match or will Evolution make their advantage even greater? Find out on RAW.

What other developments will take place during the final RAW before the pay-per-view event? Will there be more matches added? Will more stipulations be added for the existing matches? Only one way to find out ... watch RAW next week at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

Hopefully the Tag Match will be really good. It certainly has potential, and like Orton/Batista or not they've shown they can work a good multi-person match at Wrestlemania. Should be a good show.

I wonder...

Will the faces all come out together with one of the person's theme, or each have their own individual entrances, allowing Jerry Lawler to note the "lack of unity" between the faces, UNLIKE Evolution.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The time is right to do the faces 'miscommunication' and between Benoit and HBK to spice things up a little for Sunday.

The time is right to do the faces 'miscommunication' and between Benoit and HBK to spice things up a little for Sunday.

I would prefer they just had Michaels superkick Benoit and Shelton end up pinning HHH causing HHH to face Shelton on PPV instead of being in the Triple THHHreat match.

I think they're trying to keep HBK babyface and on good terms with Benoit so Canada doesn't treat him as the heel on Sunday. Which will probably happen regardless.

I'm looking forward to the 8 man and they're in Chicago which is usually a pretty hot crowd.

I'm a sucker for giant tag matches (especially that 10-man tag back in 2000), so this is gonna be a great night for me.

My prediction: Shelton pins HHH again.... and HHH wins the title at Backlash. WWE Logic says it can happen.

Guest CronoT
I wish this tag match was No DQ. Lots of people hitting each other with stuff=AWESOME.

An 8-Man clusterfuck with No-DQ stip? That thing would be overbooked to hell and back.

Guest Repo Man Reborn
That thing would be overbooked to hell and back.

Well, look who's in it.

Triple H thinks in order to get over, your match must be overbooked.

Guest Real F'n Show

So with all the main eventers in one match, does that mean Lance Storm will get over a minute for his match this week?

So with all the main eventers in one match, does that mean Lance Storm will get over a minute for his match this week?

Yep.... he'll lose in 1:05 to Chris Jericho.

Guest CronoT
Umm, it is 12:52. WHY THE HELL is this thread up already?

Because some of us have the day off and/or no life.

I predict we see Christian/Trish vs. Jericho/Lita. Or maybe X/Trish vs. Lita in a handicap match to give them a warmup for Backlash.

I'm guessing we'll see Hurricane/Rosey beat La Resistance to get a tag team title shot at Backlash. But they may also realize that the tag division sucks ass, and just make a Benjamin vs. Flair or Batista match. Or have Benjamin find a partner (Maven?) to take them on for the tag straps.

Are we ever going to hear Edge talk? I think they should have him do that this week...maybe as a guest on Jericho's talk show thingy?

Guest Mulatto Heat
I'm a sucker for giant tag matches (especially that 10-man tag back in 2000), so this is gonna be a great night for me.

My prediction: Shelton pins HHH again.... and HHH wins the title at Backlash. WWE Logic says it can happen.

My prediction: HBK 'accidentally' superkicks Benoit causing him to get pinned by HHH.

Benoit goes down from that kick once again and HHH gets to win heading into the PPV.

Just watch.

My prediction: Shelton pins HHH again.... and HHH wins the title at Backlash.  WWE Logic says it can happen.

My prediction: HBK 'accidentally' superkicks Benoit causing him to get pinned by HHH.

Benoit goes down from that kick once again and HHH gets to win heading into the PPV.

Just watch.

I'd actually be kinda surprised if that _didn't_ happen. They have to do the whole "faces angry at each other" thing so it looks like it's every man for himself at Backlash.

I won't be watching tonight because I'm working, but I have a couple of predictions:

BOLD Prediction: Raw will suck.

Minor prediction: Benoit will be further buried and pinned in the tag match.

Guest JMA

As long as they don't have Benjamin turn on his team and join Evolution, everything will be fine.

I predict we see Christian/Trish vs. Jericho/Lita. Or maybe X/Trish vs. Lita in a handicap match to give them a warmup for Backlash.

I like that idea actually. Maybe no Lita, since she has a match to build for Backlash, but maybe someone like Hurricane.

Guest Choken One

I predict they announce Benjamin/Batisia is signed for Backlash, Evolution sneak attack Benjamin...he does a injury sell playing morton in the eight man...

Eight Man goes 25 minutes...Decent but nothing special...

Jericho will likely have a HI-LITE REEL and cuts another promo on Tristian.

Eugene does goofy stuff...Eric punishes him by forcing him to wrestle that night against Rhyno. Eugene gets over dispite TSM insistance that it's a stupid gimmick.

Matt Hardy gets jobber rights...

Bischoff/Nitro will have a couple skits...likely a couple with Eugene.

Tajiri agrees to fight at Backlash against The Coach.

Guest wrestlingbs

411wrestling.com is reporting that Austin isn't scheduled to show at raw tonight, likely due to his ongoing contract dispute.

I for one think this is going to hurt the broadcast. After all, who will be the vague authority figure that mildly pops the crowd and makes other wrestlers look like chumps?

Eugene does goofy stuff...Eric punishes him by forcing him to wrestle that night against Rhyno.

Actually, I think Eric will be a face towards Eugene. Afterall, he gave him a freaking job, right?

Guest wrestlingbs
Shane McMahon?

No. Shane actually gets HUGE pops. He's like the god of smug-looking white guys.

I wonder...

Will the faces all come out together with one of the person's theme, or each have their own individual entrances, allowing Jerry Lawler to note the "lack of unity" between the faces, UNLIKE Evolution.

Without even looking at the poster's name, I knew who posted this. :P

Silly, of course the faces will have individual entrances. I doubt the World Champion will be the last to enter, either. He's not important like that.

Eugene does goofy stuff...Eric punishes him by forcing him to wrestle that night against Rhyno.

Isn't Rhyno a face? And isn't Kane the usual designated punishment opponent?