TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

TNA Has A Distribution Deal For DVDs!

WU ONLINE: Magazines and DVDs are very popular with wrestling fans. Is there a plan to create a NWA TNA oriented magazine? Also, your DVDs are currently only available at your website. Is NWA TNA looking at any stores selling your DVDs?

JERRY JARRETT: Expect a big announcement soon. A great distribution deal is in the works that would put our videos and DVD's in key locations.

:headbang:

I have a feeling the videogame is being done, but it will be unveiled at e3. Just my speculation though. The observer reported that the videogame company was backstage at TNA a few weeks ago again.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This is as likely to happen as me getting laid in the next 5 minutes without paying for it.

I'm sure they'll figure out a distribution deal eventually...I just don't expect that announcement anytime soon.

Furthermore...If they were smart (I know...I know) they'd start running frigging house shows and growing their audience in the areas that get their shows (especially if they get a TV deal).

Put the house shows on DVD to help cover the cost of the shows...but for Pete'ssake...if they could get to the point where they could COVER THE COST OF THEIR SHOWS BY DRAWING ACTUAL PAYING FANS there outlook for longterm success would skyrocket.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
House shows did hurt ECW. Joey Styles even said they made more on the videogame than they did in 2 years of house shows.

Unless their were two, I remember one ECW game sucking complete dick. And they had one on GBC that was crap too.

Guest TDinDC1112

house shows didn't kill ECW. Having to pay top dollar to keep talent and not getting ppv money for a year killed ECW.

There is no reason why TNA isn't running a house show or 2 every weekend in the south east.

Guest MikeSC
Yes it did suck, but wrestling games sell like hotcakes.

Not all of them. A wrestling game based on a company with a fanbase as small as TNA's would NOT sell like "hotcakes".

Heck, some of WCW's gems didn't sell that well ("Thunder" was hardly a great seller and "Backstage Assault" didn't sell at all).

-=Mike

A wrestling game that is good will sell well no matter what the license. If the TNA game is good they should be able to sell atleast 200,000 copies. This dvd thing will be huge for TNA, especially if they can get them in Blockbuster or Hollywood video.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Those DVD's MUST get to suncoast or best buy.........MUST!!!!!

Guest MikeSC
A wrestling game that is good will sell well no matter what the license. If the TNA game is good they should be able to sell atleast 200,000 copies. This dvd thing will be huge for TNA, especially if they can get them in Blockbuster or Hollywood video.

You have to assume that TNA has a fanbase large enough to buy that many copies when they clearly do not. TNA is easily the tiniest promotion to have a game released here in the States and we'll see how they do.

One of the best PS1 wrestling titles in the US was Power Move Pro (a port of Toukon Retsuden). It sold horribly.

I have little reason to expect TNA to sell well.

-=Mike

House shows did hurt ECW.  Joey Styles even said they made more on the videogame than they did in 2 years of house shows.

Unless their were two, I remember one ECW game sucking complete dick. And they had one on GBC that was crap too.

I believe there were 2. Anarchy Rulz and Hardcore Revolution. And they did suck. They were from Acclaim.

It could be one of the worst games ever made, but a TNA game will probably sell 50 times as many copies as people who regularly watch their programming. Even Backstage Assault sold fairly well, and every wrestling game for PlayStation, XBox, or Gamecube have sold like hotcakes.

(People like wrestling games...)

Guest MikeSC
It could be one of the worst games ever made, but a TNA game will probably sell 50 times as many copies as people who regularly watch their programming. Even Backstage Assault sold fairly well, and every wrestling game for PlayStation, XBox, or Gamecube have sold like hotcakes.

Again I'll mention Power Move Pro.

And Backstage Assault sold rather poorly. WCW Thunder couldn't sell for its life, either.

-=Mike

Again I'll mention Power Move Pro.

And Backstage Assault sold rather poorly. WCW Thunder couldn't sell for its life,

either.

-=Mike

Looking at the coverart for Power Move Pro shows why it didn't sell well. Despite their low marketability, if you throw the faces of TNA's real wrestlers on the cover, it'll sell decently.

Backstage Assault looked fucking stupid, and WCW Thunder was the worst name for a wrestling game ever. Sitting right next to it on the shelf is WCW Nitro, and since Thunder was always the B-show even in the mark's mind, it wouldn't make much sense to pick that up over Nitro.

Problem with Thunder was that it sucked horribly and people who worked at places like Gamestop would tell people honestly that it sucked.

That and when you see a bunch of used copies soon after it's released... that isn't good.

Hate to break it to you Mike, but WCW Thunder was the 13th best selling video game in the year 1999. Infact, according to this chart , it sold more than WWF Attitude. WCW's last few games didn't sell as well because, basically, they sucked. People who bought Thunder were pissed they bought such a crappy game, so they didn't even bother with Mayhem or Backstage Assault (which didn't even have a RING for christ sakes)".

If the TNA game is fun to play, it will sell.

Guest MikeSC
Hate to break it to you Mike, but WCW Thunder was the 13th best selling video game in the year 1999. Infact, according to this chart , it sold more than WWF Attitude. WCW's last few games didn't sell as well because, basically, they sucked. People who bought Thunder were pissed they bought such a crappy game, so they didn't even bother with Mayhem or Backstage Assault (which didn't even have a RING for christ sakes)".

If the TNA game is fun to play, it will sell.

Working at EB at the time, I can assure you that the game was returned slightly less often than Superman 64.

-=Mike

...And Superman was returned A LOT

People who bought Thunder were pissed they bought such a crappy game, so they didn't even bother with Mayhem or Backstage Assault (which didn't even have a RING for christ sakes)

Guilty as charged with that one :angry:

Guest Black Tiger

Power move also used FICTIONAL wrestlers, but TNA has names and faces that wrestling fans will recognize like Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Konnan, BG James, ect it ought to be fine. The one thing that Power Move had going for it was a nice control system.

With all this WCW Thunder talk, I'm tempted to make the obvious Scotsman comment, but I'll let someone else do it.

Hate to break it to you Mike, but WCW Thunder was the 13th best selling video game in the year 1999. Infact, according to this chart , it sold more than WWF Attitude.

Two questions:

13th out of how many?

What year did Attitude actually come out?

Guest Black Tiger

Attitude came out in the summer of 1999, I'm pretty sure Thunder came out in the beginning of the year 1999, around the same time N64 users got WCW Nitro.

Attitude came out in the summer of 1999, I'm pretty sure Thunder came out in the beginning of the year 1999, around the same time N64 users got WCW Nitro.

Thunder came out in January 1999.