TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The one and only boring as hell angle/edge feud

Guest Anglesault

It kind of is an exageration, but I have my reasoning. Most boring midcard feuds are doomed from the Start (Henry/Viscera, Test/Kane) But I don't believe Angle has ever really had a truely BORING feud. Until Edge. I call it the most boring midcard feud ever because it take a Shit load of crap to make Kurt Angle feuds boring.

Guest Black Tiger
Edge has to realize that there is more to a good feud than calling someone a dork a lot and spearing them a gazillion times.

And what is Angle doing to make the feud any better? Unveiling T-Shirts? Sneak Attacking in the back? Doing a "gazillion" Angle Slams and Ankle Locks? Running in on matches?

Guest Black Tiger
It kind of is an exageration, but I have my reasoning. Most boring midcard feuds are doomed from the Start (Henry/Viscera, Test/Kane) But I don't believe Angle has ever really had a truely BORING feud. Until Edge. I call it the most boring midcard feud ever because it take a Shit load of crap to make Kurt Angle feuds boring.

You liked every other Angle feud?  

Angle VS Blackman,

Angle VS Tazz,

Angle VS Big Show (the one based on Angle preaching not having sex)

Angle VS Undertaker (when Angle rode the moped)

Angle VS HHH (based on Angle kissing Stephanie)

Exactly, that's what he means. All of those feuds had something to carry them on, and were usually fun.....well, maybe excpet the Blackman one, but that was short, as was the Tazz "feud". The Big Show one was pretty damn fun. Undertaker, well, he had just come back. That squash at Fully Loaded was pretty inexcusable though.....

Guest Anglesault
And what is Angle doing to make the feud any better? Unveiling T-Shirts? Sneak Attacking in the back? Doing a "gazillion" Angle Slams and Ankle Locks? Running in on matches?

You're not really blaming Angle for this horse shit, are you? Angle has proven MANY times that he can have a good feud. And I think I've seen two Angle Slams and no ankle locks. Compared to the 9 (I think) Spears.

Angle VS Blackman,

Blackman blew Angle's streak. Interesting enough for a man in his first month. Plus, it was a "get Angle on the show" feud.

Angle VS Tazz,

That was one match, not a feud.

Angle VS Big Show (the one based on Angle preaching not having sex)

That entire feud was funny.

Angle VS Undertaker (when Angle rode the moped)

Ditto

Angle VS HHH (based on Angle kissing Stephanie)

You honestly didn't like that?

Guest Black Tiger

The Big Show feud hasn't aged well. But I still laugh when I think about Angle in the mall saying "the safest sex is no sex" while Big Show stands right next to him yelling "condoms! get your condoms!  

The Blackman feud was based around HHH and Stephanie's marrige

Tazz was based on him choking out Angle and Angle saying he never lost

The Undertaker one was basicly to prove that Y2J, Angle, and Benoit could Main Event (of course Fully Loaded was one of the better PPV's of 2000 so they were right)

I'm in the minority here but I hated the HHH feud, it just seemed so damn tasteless to have fans call Stephanie a slut while she's kissing another guy and she's supposed to a face with her husband. But when HHH and Foley made all those gay jokes about Angle before No Mercy It was pretty damn funny.

Angle VS Benoit had great matches, but stupid build Gold medals down his pants, When Angle got them back and kissed them the look on his face was priceless

Guest Black Tiger
You're not really blaming Angle for this horse shit, are you?

No, I'm not, but its not fair to blame Edge either, neither of the write the scripts for the TV shows.  Angle is good at looking and souding stupid so they go with that, Edge and Christian got great at insulting so they go with that.

Some of Angle's most memorable quotes had him sounding stupid.

The milk "jugs" comments to The Rock

"You can kiss my red white and blue ass" (damn funny)

Hero!, Jackass!, Hero!, Jackass!

The Red, White, and Blue machine

Guest Anglesault

All those feuds were memorable. For some reason. (Well, not really Blackman or Tazz, but Blackman was pretty much filler like I said and Tazz lasted all of TWO nights, you're right, not one)

BTW, HHH wasn't a face. The whole story was that HHH may or may not be cheating on Steph with Trish and Steph may or may not be cheating on HHH with Kurt. It was a love square. (Anyone else remember the "Love Square" build up to Jarret/Debra vs. Venis/Bass at OTE 99? LMAO)

But the Edge feud is dull, bland, and unmemorable.

Guest Anglesault
No, I'm not, but its not fair to blame Edge either

I think it is. Edge has had this same, EXACT feud with something like 4 guys. And it was NEVER good!

Guest Black Tiger
BTW, HHH wasn't a face. The whole story was that HHH may or may not be cheating on Steph with Trish and Steph may or may not be cheating on HHH with Kurt.

That wasn't the HHH VS Angle feud, that was more of Stephanie VS Lita, it set up all those stupid mixed tag matches.

HHH vs Angle was based on Angle kissing Steph right before Summerslam and afterwards Angle bragging about it and HHH telling her to make a choice. It turned HHH a face out of sympathy, they had a decent match at Unforgiven. I just thought the feud was tasteless

Edge's feuds have all been hampered based on no crowd heat (Test), and bad matches (Regal)  Angle and Edge is producing good heat and great matches.

Guest Anglesault
Edge's feuds have all been hampered based on no crowd heat (Test), and bad matches (Regal)  

2 Words. CHRIS and TYAAAN! That could have been a good serious Brother vs. brother feud,  Christian was playing a serious heel, but Edge had to make stupid bed wetting jokes. Shouldn't Edge be, you know, UPSET?

Guest Black Tiger
2 Words. CHRIS and TYAAAN! That could have been a good serious Brother vs. brother feud,  Christian was playing a serious heel, but Edge had to make stupid bed wetting jokes. Shouldn't Edge be, you know, UPSET?

Edge made one bet wetting joke, the night before No Mercy Edge gave a totaly serious interview on Excess about how Christian did the ultimate wrong and it was about making him pay.

Angle's riding the moped was funny because he was mocking The Undertaker, Edge's T-Shirt bit was funny because he was mocking Angle, it's neither of their fault if the angle's come off bad, they don't write the scripts.

Guest Anglesault
Edge made one bet wetting joke, the night before No Mercy Edge gave a totaly serious interview on Excess about how Christian did the ultimate wrong and it was about making him pay.

One serious interview doesn't discount a whole feud of tomfoolery.

And who the hell watches Excess?

Angle's riding the moped was funny because he was mocking The Undertaker, Edge's T-Shirt bit was funny because he was mocking Angle, it's neither of their fault if the angle's come off bad, they don't write the scripts.

Big difference. The Moped was funny, the shirt wasn't. I think Edge has a HUGE problem with delivery.

Guest Black Tiger
Big difference. The Moped was funny, the shirt wasn't. I think Edge has a HUGE problem with delivery.

Judging from crowd response that night, your in the minority on that opinion.

The moped was basicly to make angle (the heel) look stupid, The T-Shirt was so Edge, could make Angle (the heel) look stupid. Edge does have a problem with delivery but he's not nearly as bad as Jericho (one of the best promo men in the WWF) was last year when he tried to be original in his whore jokes. they were funny but all basicly the same,

Edge is taking the You Suck concept and trying to put it in different perspectives, T-shirts, sing along, instead of going out there and telling Angle he sucks.

Guest Anglesault
Edge is taking the You Suck concept and trying to put it in different perspectives, T-shirts, sing along, instead of going out there and telling Angle he sucks.

And it's not funny. BTW, they could send ME out there against Angle and I would eventually get a reaction. No big accomplishment for Edge.

Guest alfdogg

Here's my take on this subject:

The feud is kind of boring, but not as boring as AS is saying and not as boring as what I expected.

A clean win should end the feud.  Bottom line.  This feud should be over now.

I certainly don't think either wrestler is to blame.  Stephanie obviously doesn't care about how any feuds develop if they don't involve HGH.

I'd also like to point out that Kurt is undefeated at PPVs this year, so he can't be doing THAT bad.

Any points that I missed?