TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The one and only boring as hell angle/edge feud

Guest Anglesault

Post your thoughts on the incredibly boring Angle/Edge feud and how it has absolutely no upside for Kurt Angle.

Guest Dangerous A

It is an incredibly heatless feud. A feud that is below Angle. Angle, along with Jericho need to be made to look like gods now that Rock is out til at least June. They are the only workhorses in the ME picture on the SD brand, unless HHH drops about 20 ibs, watches his Iron Man match from Judgement Day to see what he's lost, and finally start putting on the type matches we loved him for. However, he was a heel during that time, so I don't see his in-ring improving that much. Back to Edge/Angle, Edge needs another Mid card guy to feud with or team up with so they can be elevated together or against Angle/Jericho.(see last year's Canadian Chris's program) Edge's time with Angle is not right now though.

It's..... boring.

I can't comment on a boring fued, because there is nothing to comment on. It's all Edge's fault.

Guest muzanisa

No Angle's overrated, apart from the main guys carrying him he hasn't had a good feud with anyone and his Austin one wasn't great either.

He looks good when he's hanging with Rock, Vince, HHH and Austin.

But he's essentially a comedy character with good ring skills.

Unless he is able to have a good feud with someone below him and elevate them the way Flair, Rock and Bret did then keep him in the midcard.

Who would you rather see Edge be feuding with other than Angle right now? I'm looking at the roster for Smackdown. I can look and decide who I think would be compatible. Edge belongs in the mid-card in meaningful feuds. He could be the main guy of the mid-carders, for now. Also, he could be a stepping stone for some who could eventually move up. Like Lance Storm. Well, looking at the Smackdown Roster, Storm is the only high prospect who isn't really being used. He's the only one, it seems, who would deserve to be put over Edge in the rankings at this point. There are few people who could be elevated into a feud with Edge. There is always Christian. D-Von Maybe? Edge and D-Von have a past. lets see...

"The Big Valbowski"

They need to start elevating some people. Venis is a very underrated talent and by sticking him into a feud with someone like Edge would get him out of the Metal-Heat scene and onto television where he belong. The split was meant to give people like The Val a chance to shine.

Thus.. Angle needs to defeat Edge and move on to better things.

No Angle's overrated, apart from the main guys carrying him he hasn't had a good feud with anyone and his Austin one wasn't great either.

He looks good when he's hanging with Rock, Vince, HHH and Austin.

But he's essentially a comedy character with good ring skills.

Unless he is able to have a good feud with someone below him and elevate them the way Flair, Rock and Bret did then keep him in the midcard.

... I think he can carry his own weight, he belongs where he is. Look at the Smackdown Roster and tell me who you think could be elevated into the main scene.. Other than Storm, maybe even DDP. You're not giving Angle enough credit.

Guest midnight_burn

The Edge/Angle feud isn't boring, it's got SPEARS! Hundreds and hundreds of SPEARS! Nothings more exciting than Edge repeatedly spearing people. Edge's spear = ratings!

FEAR THE SPEAR!

Guest muzanisa
I think he can carry his own weight, he belongs where he is. Look at the Smackdown Roster and tell me who you think could be elevated into the main scene.. Other than Storm, maybe even DDP. You're not giving Angle enough credit.

I agree and I don't mind him feuding with the main eventers but I don't think he's in their league yet.

He's had good feuds with the top guys, HHH, Rock, JHericho, Benoit. His stuff with McMahon is funny, His stuff with E + C was funny and the comedy with Austin was priceless.

But if he's put with anyone below that level it always drags.

Until he can pull out a decent feud with someone like Edge or Kane then he shouldn't be elevated any more than he is already.

I agree and I don't mind him feuding with the main eventers but I don't think he's in their league yet.

He's had good feuds with the top guys, HHH, Rock, JHericho, Benoit. His stuff with McMahon is funny, His stuff with E + C was funny and the comedy with Austin was priceless.

But if he's put with anyone below that level it always drags.

Until he can pull out a decent feud with someone like Edge or Kane then he shouldn't be elevated any more than he is already.

The reason his feud with Kane wasnt that decent is because there wasn't much emphasis put on it. Angle was not only having altercations with Kane leading up to WM but he was fighting with HHH trying to steal the #1 contendership. Kurt has all the skills necessary in-ring and promo to deliver what the writers want and he's not just a one-dimensional comedy character.

If you agree with me that he belongs where he is, then why do you call him overrated? You just think he can't have a good feud with an upper mid-carder type like Kane or Edge, and you're wrong.

Guest muzanisa

I call him overrated because an awful lot of people seem to believe that he is Bret Hart, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat rolled into one. To me he's a pretty good upper midcard guy who has the potential to be a main eventer.

When he carries a program as a serious character. Which he failed to do in his face run, and when he has a good program with a midcarder then he'll be on the way to being worthy of the worship that he is getting.

Guest Black Tiger

Kurt Angle is the second from the botton of the ME totem Pole (only Kane is below him). Angle can credibly beat any mid card wrestler without having it look like an upset. But Angle will always need either help or some illegal tactics to beat any other ME wrestlers in one on one matches look at his history.

VS Rock. Rikishi ran in

VS Undertaker. The Eric Angle bit.

VS Austin. Hand under rope

VS HHH. Steph was ref

Angle VS Edge is to help Edge get to the ME and for Angle to make someone look good. (Which he is GREAT at)

Guest Black Tiger
As opposed to laying down for Edge? What rub does that give Kurt? It only has an upside for edge.

So What?  Angle spent almost ALL of 2000 getting pushed down our throats. Edge is the one getting pushed here. There are plenty of people worse than Edge to push. remember Albert? If your pissed that Edge might go over Angle CLEAN then in the immortal words of Dennis Leary "Life Sucks, Get a fucking helmet alright?"

Guest Maven's Eyebrows

Edge is a heatless, talentless hack. The only person he should be feuding with is Essa Rios, over who gets to cook the next batch of Chicken McNuggets.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Post your thoughts on the incredibly boring Angle/Edge feud and how it has absolutely no upside for Kurt Angle.

HHH is trying to sabotage Angle's career by having him fight in heatless midcard feuds.  That's why he gets to feud with Mark Henry next.

Guest Black Tiger
But Angle was worth pushing.

Angleplex, you just proved my point. Angle WAS worth pushing two years ago. Now he's done it all and its time to move over and help some other guys get their chance to shine. I'm not saying I want to see Angle put guys like Albert, Perry Saturn, Steven Richards and The Godfather over but I think Angle putting over guys like Edge, Lance Storm, Rob Van Dam, and Christian would be a great help to the WWF product as a whole.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
I'm not saying I want to see Angle put guys like Albert, Perry Saturn, Steven Richards and The Godfather over but I think Angle putting over guys like Edge, Lance Storm, Rob Van Dam, and Christian would be a great help to the WWF product as a whole.

But Angle doesn't have any rub to give.  If HHH was jobbing to those guys I would see your point.  Beating Angle doesn't mean anything anymore.

Guest Anglesault

If you read the house show results, it looks like Edge will win the most boring midcard feud ever.

Guest Anglesault
but I think Angle putting over guys like Edge, Lance Storm, Rob Van Dam, and Christian would be a great help to the WWF product as a whole.

While utterly destroying Kurt Angle?

Guest Black Tiger
While utterly destroying Kurt Angle?

Kurt won't be destoryed by putting other great wrestlers over. If that were the case then he'd already be destoryed for putting over RVD in October while he was WWF champion. Edge, Christian, and Lance Storm ARE the future of the WWF. They can't get in a postion to carry the company unless guys like Angle, Jericho, and Kane help them.

Guest godthedog

jesus...i wish i could start the "official 'edge and kurt angle had a damn good match that was the best part of the ppv so please stop bitching about how boring the feud is and how much edge sucks' thread."  this has been ridiculous for weeks, but now it's just retarded.

i'm GLAD angle is feuding with edge, because it means we get more really good matches.  i can't think of any babyface on smackdown he could've had a better match with.  why do you guys want angle to have matches with guys more over who are worse wrestlers anyway?  do you get some kind of weird pleasure from watching angle have to do all the work for guys that the marks like more?  

when i watch wrestling, i watch it for GOOD WRESTLING.  two good wrestlers are more likely to put on a good wrestling match than one good wrestler & one bad wrestler.  (and don't come back with shit about edge being bad, cause they had a good match & it takes 2 to make a good match unless you're hbk, bret or flair.)  if you have a good wrestler with a bad wrestler all the time, you get a mediocre product.  edge and angle delivered a good product, and isn't that what wrestling is for in the first place?

If you read the house show results, it looks like Edge will win the most boring midcard feud ever.

You do have a flair for dramatics don't you?

when i watch wrestling, i watch it for GOOD WRESTLING.  two good wrestlers are more likely to put on a good wrestling match than one good wrestler & one bad wrestler.  (and don't come back with shit about edge being bad, cause they had a good match & it takes 2 to make a good match unless you're hbk, bret or flair

Amen!

Guest Anglesault
You do have a flair for dramatics don't you?

What's that supposed to mean?

Quote (godthedog @ April 23 2002,16:04)

when i watch wrestling, i watch it for GOOD WRESTLING.  two good wrestlers are more likely to put on a good wrestling match than one good wrestler & one bad wrestler.  (and don't come back with shit about edge being bad, cause they had a good match & it takes 2 to make a good match unless you're hbk, bret or flair

Amen!

20 years ago, you could just have two people run out and have a good match. But now you HAVE to have a feud. And it should be interesting, or at the VERY least, tollerable. Angle/Edge was and is not, and it sure as hell isn't Kurt's fault.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, there is no way in hell that this feud is heatless, unless you watched Smackdown! with the sound off the crowd was pretty damn loud when Kurt unveiled that T-Shirt.

If you want to see Kurt in the main event again which would you prefer:

Squashed by HHH

Squashed by Undertaker

Squashed by nWo

Squashed by Austin

Squashed by Hogan

Y2J's bitch

That is what Kurt is likely to do if he's in the main event picture, the fact that he IS mid card is letting him make is value even HIGHER because he's taking a wrestler with potential and a history of bad feuds and putting on great matches and popping the crowd with comedic angles.

But then again he could always be main event and turn out like one of the choices listed.

Guest Anglesault
If you want to see Kurt in the main event again which would you prefer:

Squashed by HHH

Squashed by Undertaker

Squashed by nWo

Squashed by Austin

Squashed by Hogan

Y2J's bitch

Or, the midcard

Losing to Edge

Losing to Christian

Losing to lance Storm

Losing to Val Venis

Being made the BUTT of REALLY bad comedy, having a snooze fest of a feud.

because he's taking a wrestler with potential and a history of bad feuds

This feud is no better than Edge/Regal. Edge has to realize that there is more to a good feud than calling someone a dork a lot and spearing them a gazillion times.

What's that supposed to mean?

Most boring midcard feud ever? That's being slightly dramatic. If that's your opinion, then I guess that's your opinion, but Jesus Christ I hope you're exaggerating on purpose.

Sorry, but I don't think Anglesault exaggerates too often......he doesn't seem to be anyway.