TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaved Bear

Most rediculous sports movie

Guest Shaved Bear

there have been many many rediculous sports movies, and which one is the most rediculous is hard to come by, but m presenting a few options

Little Big League (little kid owning a team, cmon)

Rookie of the Year (arent there age restrictions)

Ed (isnt there a human-only policy in baseball)

Over the Top (is arm wrestling a sport? well if it is, this is certainly bad)

Ready to Rumble (less said...better)

Those two movies with the Golden Retriever

Any im missing?

What are the Worst?

Guest Tony149

Little Big League & Rookie of the Year are fanasty movies that I actually found funny. I don't know if you can count wrestling as sport, but Ready to Rumble is bad. Michael Buffer probably got a big pay day for the use of his catch-phrase.

Out of all those movies I say Ed is the worst.

Guest theWCWRaider

Well, I'm just gonna pretend that Wrestling counts as a sport, just so I can say that Ready to Rumble is the most unfunny, nonsensical movie I have ever seen, and those that took part in that movie should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not saying its the worst movie ever, but it is the worst I've ever seen.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic
Rookie of the Year (arent there age restrictions)

Crap on that, Rookie of the Year rules!  If you go into a movie abou a 12-year-old kid pitching for the Cubs expecting to see anything other than sheer goofiness, I pity you.

Guest El Satanico

Snow Dogs

:shudders:

Did they blackmail Cuba Gooding to make him take this role?

And the fact that it was the "#1 Comedy in America" for a week or two made me sad to be american. If we can make "Snow Dogs" a "#1 movie" we deserve to be attacked.

Guest DrEvil

Major league 2

This one kind of falls into my making of a good stupid movie rule, that is don't try, it will either be or it won't, trying to make the good stupid movie makes the jokes forced, obvious and awkward.  They stumbled upon a good movie with some really stupid premises in Major League 1, then when they tried to to the same thing it just didn't work.

Guest Choken One

Major League 2 was very under rated while not the ***3/4 classic the first was it was still a credible movie for 2 am watching. Rookie of the Year aside from the silly gimmick was wonderful and so was Little Big League. Was there a Sequel to LBL? I thought there was.

Guest Black Lushus

I liked Major League 2, personally...never saw 3, though that is probably good that I haven't...

Guest hardyz1

Angels in the Outfield

the Air Bud movies

The Replacements(A football movie for people that don't know shit about football)

Guest Redhawk

The Air Up There -- Kevin Bacon plays a basketball coach (yeah, right) who finds a phenom in Africa and tries to recruit him to the U.S.

Rocky 5 -- Horrible.

Angels in the Outfield -- Danny Glover lost all of the cool points he earned during the Lethal Weapon days once he did the "angel wings" thing.

Be Like Mike -- I'm not even sure if it's out yet, but Lil' Bow Wow plays a kid who gets a pair of "magic" Air Jordans and leads the Bulls to a title.

Guest Sassquatch

Rocky 5 - Total crap that TRIED to recapture the magic of the "poor boxer who takes the best one to the limit".

The Replacements - What a piece of crap.  hardyz1 was right when he mentioned how this movie was for idiots who don't know anything about Pro Football.

Air Bud - Sucked.

Major League 2 - It's an insult to the 1st one IMO.

Guest starvenger
The Replacements(A football movie for people that don't know shit about football)

You mean cheerleaders DON'T dance like that at games?

Damn.

Guest packwingfn

Dont forget the most ridcioulous sports move to come to Boston......Celtic Pride, I mean it was cool showing the Garden before it was gone and the fans would do anything to see them win it but it was so generic and funny, at least they had 2 funny guys as the main actors, i forgot their names but you know who im talkin about.

Guest Al Bogdan

Have you seen Gymkata?  It's almost impossible to find it, no video store in their right mind would carry it and it's on two-three times a year at one in the morning on Starz or Encore.  Not only is it the worst sports movie of all time, it's in the running for worst movie of all time.  No description can do it justice, it must be seen to be believed.

If you count Rollerball (the new one) as a sports movie, it has to be included in the discussion.

Guest starvenger

I forgot to add this one:

Backyard Dogs.  Notable only for the American film debut of Hayabusa and having the original Black Power Ranger in it.

Guest Choken One

Speaking of the Power rangers...Don't Tommy the Green Ranger bare a striking resemblance to Test?

Guest ajc

How 'bout...

The Babe (1992): John Goodman is an actor with limited range and this lousy script and his poor baseball skills didn't help.

League of Their Own (1992): A darling of the media and simple minded sheep.  Jon Lovitz' 10 minutes of screen time is the only enjoyable thing in this over-acted (Lori Petty), poorly cast (Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell) and overrated piece of dreck.

The Fan (1996): Maybe not a sports flick in the truest sense, but the baseball scenes are laughably bad with some of the worst editing of all time.  The climactic scene is literally played out in a friggin' monsoon...it's baseball people, not Noah's Ark

Eddie (1996): Hard to believe Whoopi won an Oscar after seeing her and NBAers John Salley, Rick Fox and more sleepwalk thru this one...although Coolio had a catchy hit on the soundtrack.

No Holds Barred (1989): For everyone who bashes Ready to Rumble, I offer up the infinitely more awful Hogan vehicle.  JOCK-ASS!

The Mighty Ducks (1992): Hell, throw all the insipid sequels in with it.  It's hockey *and* Emilio Estevez...ergo, it sucks.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Celtic Pride was a laugble bad movie.

Daniel Stern + bad movies = good times

And on the Mighty Ducks, I thought Emilio wasn't even involved in the third one other then that stupid ass cameo in front of the school board. It was a bad movie, but it was nice to see Charile get somewhat of an attitude after being the pussy for the first two.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

I don't have any problems whatsoever with A League of their Own.  It's one of my all-time favorite sports movies, though that's mainly because Tom Hanks and Jon Lovitz are so funny in the movie.  It's relatively well-written, too.  Regardless of what you think of Madonna and Rosie, the movie at worst was Perfectly Acceptable Filmmaking.

As for the Mighty Ducks ...

PACEY BRINGS THE HOCKEY~!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Heh, nothing beats Tom Hanks taking a 10 minute piss in front of the entire lockerroom and drinking his ass off.

Guest Redhawk

How about Space Jam? I know it's meant for kids, but it's just dumb (I've seen it like 4 times with my little cousins). The last scene where Jordan -- who's not one of the cartoons -- stretches his arm out 40 feet and dunks it is one of the most ridiculous parts of any movie I've seen.