TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Stargate SG-1

Guest JohnnySwift

I've been a big fan of Stargate for the last couple of years. I started watching midway through Season 5 (2001 was my first episode) thanks to fast dvd releases and Sci Fi Channel's Stargate Mondays I've managed to catch up and see every episode since.

I'm excited about Season 8, but I hope they decide when to pull the plug on SG1 because you can only have so many great "series ending" episodes. First in Season 6 with Full Circle and then this season with The Lost City. It'll suck not having some of the old cast around as often/at all anymore but I'm sure they'll be able to finish strong.

As for Atlantis, I'm excited about the concept but I don't know what to think about the cast yet. Either way though July will be a good month for Stargate fans.

Any word on Season 7 dvd's in the US?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I was a huge fan but I lost track of the show after the 5th season or so and still haven't gotten around to catching up yet.

Hell yeah, since Season 1

I want the new season now, NOW DAMMIT!

It's a nice mix of funny and serious bits, plenty of action and the special effects are actually very well done for a TV series. Richard Dean Anderson is the bomb in this with his love of the Simpsons and the mixing in the character traits of Kurt Russell.

Guest JohnnySwift

One of my favorite RDA lines came from Secrets in Episode 2. "It's Coloniel O'neill with 2 L's. There's another Coloniel O'neil with 1 L, he's got no sense of humor"

Nice little friendly jab at Kurt Russel's character from the movie.

One thing that bugs me about this show on the Sci-Fi channel is how they air it. Sure, the season starts in July, but then they take a three month break during the winter. For a while I wasn't sure when a new season was starting or ending.

Guest JohnnySwift

Overseas they wait until like December or January for the start of the new seasons but they play straight through until the end. So it's a tradeoff, at least we get the seasons starting sooner and then during the breaks we can just download the episodes off the net. Gotta love Stargates.tk

I don't think it's just Sci-fi that breaks the season up like that, I haven't been a fan long enough to see Stargate on Showtime but I thought it was split up the same way.

What do you guys think about there only being 20 episodes in Season 8 as opposed to 22 in the previous seasons?