TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spiny norman

Bat Out Of Hell

What's The Best Song On Meatloaf's Classic?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Best Song On Meatloaf's Classic?

• Bat Out Of Hell
    • You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth
    • Heaven Can Wait
    • All Revved Up With No Place To Go
    • Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
    • Paradise By The Dashboard Light
    • For Crying Out Loud
    • They All Equally Rock
    • They All Equally Suck
    • I Just Ate Meatloaf

I am curious as to people's answer to this, for a number of reasons:

A) It's an album I've been listening to plenty of times lately

B) Almost all the tracks are beloved and classic. It could easily be Bat Out Of Hell, You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad or Paradise By The Dashboard Light, all incredibly popular songs.

C) I'm curious as to what opinion this board of mainly metalheads thinks of Meatloaf's over theatrical pop-rock.

So go ahead and vote. My pick is 2 Out Of 3, by the way. Always been a favourite of mine. Worst is All Revved Up.

I picked 'You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth', simply because it's an unhateable song and sounds amazing, espicially when you consider the year it was actually produced.

I've actually been listening to that album a lot myself too, and there really isn't a bad song on the CD at all.

UYI

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Someone please tell me that we aren't discussing the merits of a Meatloaf album...

I'd have to say "For Crying Out Loud". It's always overlooked compared to the other songs on the album, but it's such a great song.

Guest 11and0baby

Paradise By The Dashboard Light for sure.

And the Rocky Horror Picture Show song is called Hot Patootie(sp?)(Bless My Soul)

And the Rocky Horror Picture Show song is called Hot Patootie(sp?)(Bless My Soul)

No, it's not. It may have been printed that way on the first soundtrack and the first release of the movie, but all subsequent soundtracks and movies have it as Whatever Happened To Saturday Night. Any on stage production of RHPS will have it that way, too.

Guest Eric the Eagle

On "Back from Hell", one of the many, MANY "Best of" records of Meat Loaf (the one that came out right after his comeback w/ "Bat out of Hell II"), it's listed as "Hot Patootie". Could be legal reasons, though. If that's the official name at the time whoever compiled the album got the rights to use it, then that's what he's go to stick to, I guess.

I had to go with "Bat out of Hell", myself, though "For Crying Out Loud" came dangerously close.

No, it's not. It may have been printed that way on the first soundtrack and the first release of the movie, but all subsequent soundtracks and movies have it as Whatever Happened To Saturday Night. Any on stage production of RHPS will have it that way, too.

Ah ha. But because it appeared on official documentation, either title should be technically correct.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Meatloaf should be thrown in the pillory for writing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." That song'll be..PLAYIN' TIL THE END OF TIME...

So long. So the same thing over and over again. Do you love me? Will you love me forever?

That song is equally as tedious as lying to try to get into a chick's pants. I hate it a lot.