TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Any more site columns

As long as we're talking about that column.

The large font makes it look really ammature-ish. I don't know if that's a style thing, but it would look a nice more professional if it was in a nice normal font size.

It's been the text style he's always used.

Personally, I think the front page design looks outdated so I hope we can change that around soon.

Guest FrigidSoul
*calls first dibs on an Inside College Football weekly column*

Anyone else want to be in on this come August?  I know I can cover the SEC and Conference USA like a mo-fo but I'd be spotty on most of the western conferences at the least.

If you needed help on the western conferences, I could do it.

They want smart people to write the columns. Not you

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I've talked to Sass about this a bit and I'm definetly on the side that wishes they never had to see Coey's name again.

I understand Sass's viewpoint though.

Whatever is best for tsm.

*calls first dibs on an Inside College Football weekly column*

Anyone else want to be in on this come August?  I know I can cover the SEC and Conference USA like a mo-fo but I'd be spotty on most of the western conferences at the least.

If you needed help on the western conferences, I could do it.

They want smart people to write the columns. Not you

I am quite smart, leave me alone.

For the record, I stopped writing because I e-mailed Dames and Will several times about new ideas or ripping off / brining back discontinued concepts (re: Crossface) that no one ever bothered to answer.

Not that anyone asked (or probably cared), but that whole lack of communication that had been going on since last summer didn't make me feel much in the mood for writing, so I gave it one more shot with a Year End Review / Rumble PPV preview, as I love doing those types of columns, and left the legacy at that.

Sorry about the bump of such an old thread, but I felt like ranting.

Guest goodhelmet

I never received an email from you about anything except your old columns from 411.

Maybe you didn't know this but I wasn't been involved with keeping in touch with the writers for awhile. Only when Sass asked me to help him out did I start paying attention to anything TSM-related. I activated Bruiser's account, skimmed around teke's articles and that was about it. I tried a couple of Crossface articles in the summer but it took too much time to edit something I didn't really care about (i.e. WWE wrestling).

This is one of the reasons I didn't bother to respond to your charge that I prevented you from playing up to your strengths in previewing PPV's. Dr. Tom has made it known on this board since the day I stepped away that he was the content manager. You should have contacted him. If Dames hasn't replied to your messages then that is his fault. Hell, while we are reviving old topics, I might as well respond to your article where I was mentioned by name...

Immediately after I posted a column stating I had come to a conclusion that unlike my 411 days, I really had no strict set of rules to follow. I was then informed via e-mail that while I was mostly correct, there were a few minor things I needed to be cognizant of. One of them was to avoid talking about upcoming PPVs, something reserved for ‘The Crossface’. I’m probably more geared to doing columns solely ABOUT previewing PPVs (I always felt those were my best pieces or work, and they are my favourite to write). I don’t want to start a whole mess here, and perhaps this column isn’t the place for this, and I certainly respect everything Will has done for TSM, but I immediately went complaining to Dames about what I felt was essentially limiting me. He said in this case he sides with me, and to continue writing the way I always had been.. the reason he asked me to write for TSM in the first place. So, the problem was solved, I would continue writing, but after that I became disinterested in writing for a bit.

This is probably true but it was for a good reason. You may or may not be familiar with Jeremy Wall, who was writing at TSM for a brief time, but he liked to preview PPV's also. They sucked. The Crossface format was well-received, and unlike 411, we were trying to avoid clutter on the main page discussing the same topic ad nauseum. The motto was "if you want to preview the PPV, do it in the Crossface."

If you think previewing PPV's is your strength... knock yourself out. Personally, I think it is a tired format and one that feels lacking since there is a lack of interaction that you can get in a chat or on a message board. Nobody, told me you had a problem with this restriction, one that doesn't even exist anymore. The Crossface is defunct and will probably remain that way.

On the other hand, you did go crying to Dames... you got your way ...so why didn't you run with it? That's on you, not on anything I did... or Dames, for that matter.

Fair enough. As it is, no one told me anything about Sass until the other day. When Dames asked me to write back in April 03, he just mentioned himself, then later you.

For the record, I really just didn't feel like writing while working full time and decided to take the "let's blame other people for morale problems" route. Sorry.