TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Dillion Traded to Patriots

Guest FrigidSoul

Combine this thread with mine. For once I take presidence since Rant is a Seahawks fan and I'm a Pats fan. It makes sense.

Guest Choken One

Thank God and the bengals are in Great Shape as they have 7 draft picks in the first 100 picks.

Guest OctoberBlood
Thank God and the bengals are in Great Shape as they have 7 draft picks in the first 100 picks.

And maybe even more if Kitna gets traded as well. Marvin doing one fine job.

Exactly bps. Dillon is MUCH better than any RB since Curtis Martin, and I knew they weren't planning on drafting Jackson when they need LB and DB help more.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow the Pats look way more unstoppable now.

And Dillon can't complain about what team he ended up with..Two super bowl wins in the past 3 years... As opposed to maybe Dallas?

Guest FrigidSoul

Len Pasquerelli said there's still a good chance the Pats draft Chris Perry in round 2. With the backfield right now being Kevin Faulk(primary 3rd down back), Mike Cloud(great on astroturf), and now Dillon I don't see it happening.

Might as well delete my thread on the subject though *cries*

In my eyes this is a great trade for the Pats. The chances of them getting Steven Jackson at 21 were very slim in my eyes. In my eyes Dillon is a better running back then the #2 back in Kevin Jones. Plus he is a proven commodity. The Pats keep getting better and better. Now they can adress the need of LB and DB in the draft.

This was a great trade for both teams, as I was really surprised if the Bengals were going to get a third round pick, let alone a second. I have to wonder if there is a player that the Bengals will trade up for. However I believe the Bengals stay relatively put with all of their picks and try to stackpile talent, as their depth chart last year were weak.

Guest FrigidSoul

Yup, now the Pats have 2 firsts, a second, a third, and 2 4ths

I expect LBer and CB to be addressed on draft day along with Ty Law being traded. His latest stunt is going to get him that ticket out of town. I would expect he's traded for a future 1st round pick and a 3rd or 4th round in this year.

Guest Cerebus

I'm a bit skeptical. Wasn't it Rudi Johnson and not Dillon that helped pull the Bengals up from nowhere last season?

In fairness though, the second half of the season Dillon only played a lot in the Chargers game in which he played well. However, don't let the door hit you on the way out Corey!

Guest FrigidSoul

They split time last season. Here are the numbers

Rudi Johnson - 215 Attempts 957 yards 4.5 YPC 9TDs

Corey Dillon - 138 Attempts 541 yards 3.9YPC 2TDs

This is where Damien Woody would have come in nice to keep since he was great at setting up holes for the run. Still, I have no doubts he'll be back to the bigtime back he was.

Guest El Satanico

Marvin Lewis lifted the Bengals up from nowhere, Rudi Johnson just had a surprise break out season from no where. None of this takes anything away from Dillon as a RB, he was just made expendable.

The best thing about this deal is in essence it's Dillon for a third round pick. The draft pick their trading was in a trade with Miami for their third rounder in last years draft. As usual with the Pats their is one key word that they live by: VALUE.

Guest FrigidSoul
So, do the Pats stick with both first rounders and get even more depth, or do they trade up and grab one of the better corners?

I suspect they'll grab Chris Gamble with the 21st pick and Karlos Dansby if he's available with #32, if he isn't then Michael Boulware.

Guest FrigidSoul

No there isn't. Detroit wanted both first round picks, a second round, and a 4th round pick to make that happen.

Only way it happens is if he's still on the board by the time Houston's pick comes up since they would give in for just both first rounders and that aint happening.

Guest FrigidSoul

That's exactly what I'm doing. I took the Bill Belichik statement he released along with hearing him say "No chance" on The Big Show.

And jesus christ, find a team photo or remove a pic or two because you stretch the screen with a million different Red Sox faces.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I took the Bill Belichik statement he released along with hearing him say "No chance" on The Big Show.

And jesus christ, find a team photo or remove a pic or two because you stretch the screen with a million different Red Sox faces.

...doesn't stretch MY screen.

...Better jackass?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

2nd Round Pick is fairly hefty for a guy for hasn't done much in the past 2 years...and is probably on a career decline. Its still a scary thought...him being on the Pats.

Belichek moving up to draft Taylor would really go against what they've done to build two Super Bowl champions. If anything trading down to get more draft picks seems like a more likely scenario. Also, the so called experts say this at best is a 20 player draft. So moving out of the 21st spot, might not be much of a stretch.

Guest FrigidSoul

I don't know what you're talking about. This is an extremely deep draft through the first 3 rounds.