TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Pads blowing out the Giants 8-0... and they still won't pitch to Bonds.

Their job is to win the game not help a guy break records.

ESPN UDPATE ESPN UPDATE ESPN UPDATE

Bonds hasn't homered but we'll keep you updated and show you every single pointless at bat!!!!

Oh the Giants are getting their asses handed to them and have the stench of a 90 loss team. But we're ESPN, who cares who wins these games?

Oh and booooooo Jake Peavy struck him out, how dare they call Barry out on strikes! (Exagerration of what John Kruk just said on Baseball Tonight)

I see, it's all Bonds' fault this is happening. Damn him for being great.

Keep in mind, my post wasn't a complaint, just an observation. My real complaint is none of the other 8 guys on the field doing anything with the bat. Does it make you feel better that I (a Giant fan) acknowledge it or do you need Stuart Scott to tell you the Giants stink?

"The media is favoring the biggest star in _______."

Shocking.

With all the complaints about ESPN you'd think people would avoid it.

I like poking fun at ESPN's hype machine and I was just about to post it when I saw your post. I do think it is a complete insult to just ignore the score and only focus on one player, no matter who he is. Unless he's trying to hit #756 I don't give a shit. Anyways Kruk said (might not be exact words) "how can they call Barry Bonds out on strikes?" and I just lost it.

Jermaine Dye saves the day with a two run double in the 9th and makes a nice catch in the bottom of the inning to end the game.

thus continues his 14 game hitting streak~! :headbang:

Nope, it ended at 12 the previous night.

I saw a crappy clip online of Myers' pitch, and it didn't look like it came *that* close to hitting him. Hopefully, I'll get to see the video on TV when I get home to get a better idea of how close it actually was.

Guest Anglesault

I missed the Giant game last night.

Did Barry Jackass tie the record?

He never even swung the bat. Even with the Padres up like 10-0.

As for the pitch, it wasn't super duper close, but it was close enough. Especially when it's the very next pitch after a homerun.

Guest Anglesault
He never even swung the bat. Even with the Padres up like 10-0.

YES!

Eric Chavez with a 3-run shot.....followed by a Jermaine Dye single. So the A's are up 3-0 and Dye just kept his hitting streak going to the first 15 games of the season. Oh and it is only the top of the 1st......

Guest FrigidSoul

You refuse to acknowledge the fact that Dye's hitting streak was killed the other night with an 0-4 performance huh?

As for the pitch, it wasn't super duper close, but it was close enough. Especially when it's the very next pitch after a homerun.

Myers lost his grip ;)

Saw the pitch on TV. It wasn't that close, and the Marlins guy overreacted in getting out of the way.

And a game that is totally meaningless even this early in the season, the D-Backs vs. the Brewers, is finally over after 15 innings of play. I saw this was still on when I got back from class at 4:30, but couldn't believe it kept going and going and going. D-Backs finally put two across with two outs in the 15th and the Brew-Crew went down in order in the bottom half of the frame.

Myers lost his grip ;)

Saw the pitch on TV. It wasn't that close, and the Marlins guy overreacted in getting out of the way.

He shouldn't have been throwing at him in the first place, let alone aiming for his head. I know that it's old school baseball to pluck the guy that follows the home run, but that shit is tired and it does absolutely nothing for the game. Personally, I would have heaved Pratt, Gonzalez, and Myers out of the game and then probably followed it up with Bowa, if he came out.

Just inexcusable crap.

Myers hasn't shown any head hunting tendencies in the past. There's a chance he wanted to pitch inside, and it legit. got away from him, although coming directly after the HR does make it look bad. If he wanted to hit him, he would have hit him, and I highly doubt he'd be aiming for Gonzalez's gourd.

Yeah, that definitely isn't the way you want to let one "get away", especially after a home run. I'm still a little bit skeptical, personally, since the Phillies have been very frustrated with the Marlins, there's a ton of pressure for them to succeed and Myers is a younger guy...but benefit of the doubt and all that, I suppose.

Pads blowing out the Giants 8-0... and they still won't pitch to Bonds.

Their job is to win the game not help a guy break records.

ESPN UDPATE ESPN UPDATE ESPN UPDATE

Bonds hasn't homered but we'll keep you updated and show you every single pointless at bat!!!!

Oh the Giants are getting their asses handed to them and have the stench of a 90 loss team. But we're ESPN, who cares who wins these games?

Oh and booooooo Jake Peavy struck him out, how dare they call Barry out on strikes! (Exagerration of what John Kruk just said on Baseball Tonight)

I see, it's all Bonds' fault this is happening. Damn him for being great.

Keep in mind, my post wasn't a complaint, just an observation. My real complaint is none of the other 8 guys on the field doing anything with the bat. Does it make you feel better that I (a Giant fan) acknowledge it or do you need Stuart Scott to tell you the Giants stink?

"The media is favoring the biggest star in _______."

Shocking.

With all the complaints about ESPN you'd think people would avoid it.

I like poking fun at ESPN's hype machine and I was just about to post it when I saw your post. I do think it is a complete insult to just ignore the score and only focus on one player, no matter who he is. Unless he's trying to hit #756 I don't give a shit. Anyways Kruk said (might not be exact words) "how can they call Barry Bonds out on strikes?" and I just lost it.

Understood. Believe me, I'd rather hear about ways the Giants could improve their offense or managment's lack of faith in their farm players and how that's killing the team, than some meaningless home run streak or the "possibility" of hitting .400.

And there goes more of Chris Woodward's playing time.

Howie Clark gets his 4th hit of the night.

Anyways, yeah, I have to say it would be a good move too. Woodward never impressed me.

Guest Anglesault

The Devil Jays FINALLY do us a favor, and the yanks respond with another "can't do anything right" game.

This team will never get 2 games above .500.

Orioles win again! 7-6 over Tampa Bay. John Parrish, BJ Ryan and Jorge Julio were today's unhittable combination out of the best bullpen in baseball. Rafael Palmeiro hit a homerun and Miguel Tejada doubled in a couple too. Baltimore back in 1st place 1/2 game above Baaahston. On to beat up Toronto again this weekend!

.......and yes I will be attending the A's game tomorrow night. A short homestand.......first victims........Anaheim Angels....I get to see the Killer Z pitch.........ZIIIIIIIIIIITO~!

The A's have $2 ticket wednesdays and hot dogs are only $1 those days......the next one is in May against the bitch-ass Yankees.......hmm I may have to skip class. I mean the A's/Yanks games are always wild, and the price for tickets/food is pretty unbeatable.

I'm stealing what you did with your sig by the way

LOL, fine with me. It kind of spread like wildfire already, but I think it is good that other use it, because it can save us all the trouble of a "who is yer favorite sports team" thread every other day..... :cheers:

The A's have $2 ticket wednesdays and hot dogs are only $1 those days......the next one is in May against the bitch-ass Yankees.......hmm I may have to skip class. I mean the A's/Yanks games are always wild, and the price for tickets/food is pretty unbeatable.

We have dollar dog night at the dome Wednesdays has well. Is it every Wed. home game there, like it is here?