TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KJ Brackish

WWE Smackdown 6: Smackdown vs Raw

And count me in as another who hates the SD 'superstar points' system. I know it's old hat to whine about missing the AKI way of doing things, but I wish they'd just bring back the WM 2000/No Mercy system. The SD way of doing things is fucking tedious, especially when you have the intention of making multiple CAWs. Even if going with the clone prodedure of building a 'base' CAW with unspent points and cloning from him, it's still grating. I want the season to be used for storylines and the thrill of unlocking shit, not the uncalled for frustration in spending 1-2 years building a CAW to even make him presentable.

And get rid of the unneeded CAW attire process as well. I see no fucking reason why shirts already in the game on existing wrestlers can't be available right off the bat for CAWs, or at least the logos for them. Pattern this, shape that, letter this, layer that just to get a fucking Dudleys shirt for a Spike CAW, since apparently the stupid game doesn't have available the shirt Bubba and D-Von wear. Fuck you, Yukes.

/rant

I hate building up CAW's for a long time, too. It's boring when I have to go through Season mode for 2 years just to build up a CAW when I've already seen the storylines.

I agree about the CAW attire process. The shirts that the in-game wrestlers wear should be in CAW mode so it won't take people as long to create certain wrestlers.

Even with Smackdown: HCTP's flaws, I'd still rather play it than the poor No Mercy rip-off called WM XIX or the sub-par Raw 2. However, I also wish that AKI would go back to making future WWE games (especially on PS2 since they've done it with Def Jam: Vendetta) and improve on some things they couldn't include in their previous wrestling games since they've always had a better engine than Yukes.