TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tod deKindes

Tv report: a look inside the sjl...

Guest Tod deKindes

***Various clips of WWF Raw and the superstars in action.***

Narrator: It's one of the most popular forms of entertainment out there...

***Clip of a Rock promo, with the fans chanting along.***

Narr.: It has its good guys (clips of The Rock, Austin and Triple H playing to a crowd)..and it has its bad guys (clips of Kurt Angle, Triple H, Undertaker and William Regal drawing heat as only they can. And some, it's just plain hard to tell...('97 clip of TAFKA Goldust with Luna Vachon). It's the world of professional wrestling...

***Clip montage of WWF and WCW arenas and fans filing in.***

Narr.: An industry that cashes in well over a billion dollars a year, wrestling is one of the most unique forms of entertainment out there. After all, where will you see the owner and CEO get attacked by his employee?

***Clips of Vince McMahon being Stunned by Steve Austin and Eric Bischoff being powerbombed off a stage by Kevin Nahs.***

Narr.: It's also an industry that isn't afraid to push the enveloppe, so to speak.

***Clips of Sable revealing her tiny bikinis, The Kat going topless at Armageddon, various Bra & Panties matches, profanity laced promos, bird flipping and so on.***

Stone Cold:"...you sit there and you thump yer bible and say your prayers and it didn't get ya anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about your John 3:16's...Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your ass!!"

Narr.: But how DO you get into wrestling? By having teenagers emulating their heroes at home?

***Clips of backyard wrestlers doing their thing.***

Tommy Dreamer: (interview from Beyond The Mat)"...I've had the wildest stuff sent to me on videotape from people just to show me how hardcore they are...I've had this guy throw his friend through a burning table, another guy set his friend on fire. I've seen a guy murder a live possum on tape...It's wild..."

Narr.: While that practice is frowned upon by most in the wrestling business, most choose to go to school.

***Various clips of several semi-famous wrestlers teaching their craft in their schools.***

Narr.: It's a long hard road, but eventually, it pays off. But can you get into the big leagues right away? Not quite.

Bruce Pritchard: (Talent Coordinator, WWF) "Here in the World Wrestling Federation, we have the best athletes in the world competing for us and we ask nothing but the best. (clips of Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Macho Man, Kurt Angle) It's the dream of a lot of wrestler to eventually make it in the WWF. But it's something you gotta achieve with hard work and determination."

Narr.:...Which is why, a wrestler's next best option: the independants.

***Various clips of the many indy feds in the country in action.***

Narr.: One of those is called the SJL, the Smarks Junior Leagues; a subdivision of the Smarks Wrestling Federation.

Dave Meltzer: (Respected Internet Journalist, www.wrestlingobserver.com) "The SWF is a small indy promotion based in the northeast United States, and it has its own farm leagues, in the form of the SJL. If a wrestler wants to make it to the SWF, he's got no choice but to go through SWF first.

***Clips of the SJL stars in action: Erek Taylor, Z, Stryke, Ced Ordoñez, Xero, and the rookies, Dark Reaper, Taylor Nicholas Thompson, Tod deKindes, Vanguard, and much more.***

Erek Taylor: (SJL Heavyweight Champion) "Sure, you got your Monday Night Raws and your Smackdowns and your Sunday Night Heats. But this is where I wanna make my mark, right here in the Junior Leagues, and eventually the SWF."

Narr.: Of course, when it comes to wrestling, the age old question is brought up..."Isn't it all fake?". The answer is actually 75% Yes.

***Clip of Tod deKindes and Dark Reaper in the ring, in an empty arena, rehearsing a match; both men in casual warm up gear.***

Tod: ...Ok, after that you scoop me up on your shoulder, I'm gonna slide out behind ya and start doing a number on your knee.

***Clip of the actual match, where the massive Dark Reaper puts Tod on his shoulder, but he slips out from behind and clips him in the leg.***

***Still in the empty arena; Tod, Danny Williams and Taylor Nicholas Thompson are in the ring discussing spots.***

Tod: Which way you want me to face when you come in?

Williams: You, after you hit the Breaker on him, you'll see the referee is down so you go and check on him. Just wait there a couple seconds, I'll come down with the chair, then you turn around, *pow*, I do some arguing with Taylor a little, 1-2-3.

***Clip of the actual chairshot, and then Tod sitting backstage after the match, wiping blood off his forehead.***

Narr.: Though some consequences can be very real.

Tod:(Required five stitches after debut match.) "...bastard hit me too hard with the chair...If I saw him right now, I'd probably strangle him, but I'll just give it a couple hours for now...I'll be ok, though..."

Narr.: While some of these wrestlers are all business...(clip of Frost dismantling Matthew Kivell in his try out match)...others just wanna have fun. (clip of Cutthroat's colorful entrance)

Cutthroat: (SJL Mainstay) "Just hearing these fans reactions when I come out makes it all worth it. One day, all the 'Throataholics are gonna witness their hero become SJL World Heavyweight champion, and THAT is a guarantee."

***Clips of damn near everybody but the pope pinning Cutthroat 1-2-3.***

Narr.: While it's one of many indy federations in the country, the SWF and SJL stand out head above shoulders...

***Various clips of several SJL matches, and we fade away with a shot of Erek Taylor holding up his title belt in front of the cheering fans.***

Holly sh*t, I was in a promo that I didn't write!! Ya know it's kinda funny cause I was going to write a commercial for the SJL PPV when the card came out. Nice promo...

;)

Guest realitycheck

This promo sucks because Cutthroat got an interview and I just got a clip.

Just KIDDING! Nice little idea, bordom seems to produce them in droves. Is there going to be a second part? I'd read it.

-Z

What are you taking about, 'fake?' This is REAL, man. It's all REAAAALLLL!!

Yeah, Z is right, it is all REAL. Watch...

::Cutthroat nails Z over the head with a hammer and Z falls to the ground motionless::

See?

Bah. I don't see any mention of the Hitman, the Upper Mid-Carder, the Ratings Grabber, loved by one and all, women want him and men want to be him, Mafia.

Despite this obvious and blatant oversight, (enter dumb smilie face here), two thumbs up.

Guest realitycheck

Hammer? Oops. I better start reading better...

Oh well.

::Z no-sells anyway::

-Z

Guest realitycheck

Fine, fine... you got me.

::Cutthroat hits Z again::

Cutthroat: "Well!?"

Z: "...ow."

::Cutthroat sighs::

There. Happy?

-Z

This is Tod's promo thread!? Uhm... again, good promo. Write more!

Guest Renegade

Aroint thee spammers ;)

anyways...

Since when are we Indy? Everyone knows that we are broadcasted all over the globe. The promo is short and sweet, and if it had Renegade in it, it would get extra points.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

...and don't forget me. Tha Flunkmasta has returned, starting this Crimson, with more attitude and pervertedness than ever.

Anything else said would be a spoiler. Spoilers = loss of mad ratingz ;)

*looks forward to the day that the Renegade Masta kicks ass one more time*

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Heh, cool stuff Tod, but we're not an indy promotion!  Silly man!

In our little fantasy world, the WWF and all don't really exist.  The SWF is the top-of-the-line fed, number 1 in the ratings now and forever.  Remember that, and embrace it!  Indy schmindy!

Guest Tod deKindes

Eh, thanks. :P  It may seemed rushed a little, cuz halfway through my aunt wanted to use the computer so I had to hurry up.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Dude, I JUST read this (somehow missed it when it was first posted a few days ago) and I have to tell you...you absolutley MUST write part 2 next time you're bored. You HAVE to. Great job.

Guest Muzz

Loved it Tod, and yes, can't wait for part two.

Unless of course, you include Cutthroat, in which case, I'm going to have to kill you.

Guest Tod deKindes

I said I'd do a Part Two?

Hmm, well all right then. If I can find some inspiration...

Sign in to follow this