TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

"We Built This City" voted Worst Song Ever

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Greatest Love of All...no matter how annoying it is now, dosen't belong on any worst list.

Oh yes it does. That's how much I hate it, and you'll never convince me otherwise, even though you're not gonna try, unless you try just because I said you wouldn't, but I still won't like it anyway.

That's how much I hate Celine Dion's music. Not even taking into account what an awkward creepy insect woman she is.

Greatest Love of All...no matter how annoying it is now, dosen't belong on any worst list.

Oh yes it does. That's how much I hate it, and you'll never convince me otherwise, even though you're not gonna try, unless you try just because I said you wouldn't, but I still won't like it anyway.

*tries*

That's how much I hate Celine Dion's music. Not even taking into account what an awkward creepy insect woman she is.

"Greatest Love of All" isn't by Celine Dion. It's by Whitney Houston. For some reason, that song is just hilarious to me. I think it's because of the time Chevy Chase sang in one of his monologues on SNL, and now I laugh every time i think about it.

I don't know. Calling the greatest love of all one of the worst songs of all time is like those people that call the Beetles the worst band EVER~!.

I can understand not being a fan and hating everything they ever did, but shit, I don't think you can possibly call them the worst with a objective view.

11. Invisible - Clay Aiken ... 2003

21. Two Princes - Spin Doctors ... 1992

27. The Final Countdown - Europe ... 1987

30. Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston ... 1986

41. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel ... 1989

44. I'll Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meat Loaf ... 1993

These songs do not belong on that list.

6. The Heart of Rock & Roll - Huey Lewis and the News ... 1984

9. American Life - Madonna ... 2003

15. I'll Be There for You - The Rembrandts ... 1995

22. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) - Toby Keith ... 2002

33. Barbie Girl - Aqua ... 1997

35. Shiny Happy People - R.E.M. ... 1991

36. Make Em Say Uhh! - Master P featuring Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal ... 1998

43. Follow Me - Uncle Kracker ... 2000

47. The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You - Bryan Adams ... 1996

I have no problem with these songs being on the list.

Guest Goodear

No Macaraina or Who Let the Dogs Out disqualifies this list from consideration and I'm by no means a muscial genius.

Guest Dids

Make 'Em Say UHHH is a great song- and I will fight anybody who says otherwise in the streets of Hong Kong.

Guest El Satanico

11. Invisible - Clay Aiken ... 2003

These songs do not belong on that list.

It doesn't? bullshit

*tries harder than Ripper*

No Macaraina or Who Let the Dogs Out disqualifies this list from consideration and I'm by no means a muscial genius.

Actually, a different article on this list said that both songs were excluded from the list for being songs that are "cheesy by design."

Via USA Today:

Each dud had to be a hit to make the hit list. Though Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy got in, such novelties as Macarena and Who Let the Dogs Out, which by design are cheesy, were nixed.

I find that odd, considering that Barbie Girl seems to be, by design, a rather cheesy song.

Actually, a different article on this list said that both songs were excluded from the list for being songs that are "cheesy by design."

Via USA Today:

Each dud had to be a hit to make the hit list. Though Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy got in, such novelties as Macarena and Who Let the Dogs Out, which by design are cheesy, were nixed.

I find that odd, considering that Barbie Girl seems to be, by design, a rather cheesy song.

But that doesn't make them any less annoying :(

I got the issue in the mail today and I was excited to see all the shit songs, but when I saw Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Sounds of Silence, and Breakfast At Tiffanys on the list, I knew it was a joke. One would assume of course that the worst songs are the ones that don't do good on the charts and such. The ones no one likes. Not the ones that hit number 1 that annoy Blender. It's all a bunch of bull. Just like on their worst bands they had Live and R.E.M. and if I remember correctly The Doors. Just pure bull.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I came into the street behind my house on the way from school today - that is complete bullshit.

Uptight asshole music critics that wouldn't know an enjoyable song if it bit them in the ass can smoke my big fat cock.

Guest Vitamin X
And yet... that Barbie song didn't make the list.

I loathe that song.

Yeah it did.

And Blender comes courtesy of Maxim, which is one of the biggest 'metrosexual' type men's magazine I've ever seen. To prove what kind of rich uptight assholes they are, check out their "style section" whereas everything relating to hygiene and clothes is minimum $100.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I can't express my hatred enough for those that made the list.

And yes, I knew that Macarena would be mentioned somewhere...

1. We Built This City - Starship ... 1985

2. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus ... 1992

5. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice ... 1990

7. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin ... 1988

12. Kokomo - The Beach Boys ... 1988

16. What's Up? - 4 Non Blondes ... 1993

18. You're The Inspiration - Chicago ... 1984

19. Broken Wings - Mr. Mister ... 1985

20. Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie ... 1986

21. Two Princes - Spin Doctors ... 1992

23. Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart ... 1984

26. The End - The Doors ... 1967

27. The Final Countdown - Europe ... 1987

30. Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston ... 1986

31. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - Crash Test Dummies ... 1994

34. Longer - Dan Fogelberg ... 1979

35. Shiny Happy People - R.E.M. ... 1991

38. Cotton Eyed Joe - Rednex ... 1995

41. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel ... 1989

42. The Sounds of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel ... 1965

48. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles ... 1968

49. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred ... 1992

Not a single one of those deserve to be on this list. The Doors!? Did the writers's brains all simultaneously explode??

I am probably the biggest fan of the 80s I know, but even I draw a line for I Know What Boys Like. It is pretty abysmal.

Looking up at songs I say shouldn't be on the list, I noticed I left Achy Breaky Heart. Whoops. That should've been #1 on anyone's list.

Followed by Samantha Fox's Touch Me. Where the hell is that!?

Achy Breaky Heart isn't really THAT bad of a song, it was mostly just overplayed beyond all belief in 1992. If it'd been a hit the size of, oh, Boot Scoot N' Boogy by Brooks N Dunn nobody would hate on it.

The one that seriously pissed me off is Two Princes being on here. I dare say that's one of the better pop/rock songs of the 1990s (and one of the Spin Doctors 3 good songs along with Little Miss Can't Be Wrong and Jimmy Olsen's Blues).

We have Bizkit on this list and deservedly so, but no Korn? Thing is, I don't like ANY of Korn's stuff so I couldn't narrow it down to one song to put on a list.

Guest Dids

"40. "I Wanna Sex You Up" - Color Me Badd (1991)

See 46; find me someone who took these guys seriously in the first place. Replace with: "Pop Goes the Weasel" - 3rd Bass."

It's amusing and makes some good points, but I think I hate this guy's taste in music.

3rd Bass is slept on and while that's not one of their better songs, it's still nice.

Guest Fook
5. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice ... 1990

7. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin ... 1988

8. Party All the Time - Eddie Murphy ... 1985

12. Kokomo - The Beach Boys ... 1988

26. The End - The Doors ... 1967

48. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles ... 1968

49. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred ... 1992

None of these songs should be on this list.