TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

Round Four RPG Villians Tourney 2k4

Wasn't Lavos just some mindless thing sleeping under the earth for millions of years until the queen came along and decided to wake him up so she could become immortal or whatever?

Actually, Lavos came from space originally, crashed into and burrowed deep into the earth. The rest you pretty much have the gist of.

Oh, I knew that. I just left it out.

Did they ever explain why he came?

I feel like playing Chrono Cross. ....Someone shoot me.

Wasn't Lavos just some mindless thing sleeping under the earth for millions of years until the queen came along and decided to wake him up so she could become immortal or whatever?

Actually, Lavos came from space originally, crashed into and burrowed deep into the earth. The rest you pretty much have the gist of.

Oh, I knew that. I just left it out.

Did they ever explain why he came?

I feel like playing Chrono Cross. ....Someone shoot me.

I don't think so. And she just reawakened him prematurely. He was destroying the planet regardless. Magus tried the same thing, for different reasons.

Chrono Trigger's story was hardly the most complex out there, even for the era it came out.

True, he was destroying the planet but maybe if she hadn't woken him up, instead of wiping everything out in 1999 he would've slept for another couple million years. Who knows?

CT was really complex for a SNES game. The characters aren't as deep as FF4 and FF6, but it's not by as much as you would think. Magus has more depth than any of their villains. Even Azala and Queen Zeal have more depth than Kefka, the mad psycho clown.

The plot is much deeper though. FF4 and FF6 have pretty basic stories, nothing as complicated as time travel.

Then there's hundreds of questions with no clear cut answers. Unless CC answered them.

(Why did Lavos come here? How did the queen find out about him? Just what the hell happened to Schala? What's the Entity? What's the deal with the Black Omen? If Lavos wasn't woken up, how long would he have slept? How is he killing the planet? What does it mean when they say Lavos caused evolution? What's Marle doing with Schala's pendant?)

In FF6, it's all pretty simple. Kefka wants to kill everything because he's nuts.

True, he was destroying the planet but maybe if she hadn't woken him up, instead of wiping everything out in 1999 he would've slept for another couple million years. Who knows?

CT was really complex for a SNES game. The characters aren't as deep as FF4 and FF6, but it's not by as much as you would think. Magus has more depth than any of their villains. Even Azala and Queen Zeal have more depth than Kefka, the mad psycho clown.

The plot is much deeper though. FF4 and FF6 have pretty basic stories, nothing as complicated as time travel.

Then there's hundreds of questions with no clear cut answers. Unless CC answered them.

(Why did Lavos come here? How did the queen find out about him? Just what the hell happened to Schala? What's the Entity? What's the deal with the Black Omen? If Lavos wasn't woken up, how long would he have slept? How is he killing the planet? What does it mean when they say Lavos caused evolution? What's Marle doing with Schala's pendant?)

In FF6, it's all pretty simple. Kefka wants to kill everything because he's nuts.

Chrono Cross answers pretty much all of those questions.

Death – Castlevania (Series)

Dracula – Castlevania (Series)

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Master Belch – Earthbound

Kahran Ramsus – Xenogears

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

Magus - Chrono Trigger

True, he was destroying the planet but maybe if she hadn't woken him up, instead of wiping everything out in 1999 he would've slept for another couple million years.  Who knows?

CT was really complex for a SNES game.  The characters aren't as deep as FF4 and FF6, but it's not by as much as you would think.  Magus has more depth than any of their villains.  Even Azala and Queen Zeal have more depth than Kefka, the mad psycho clown.

The plot is much deeper though.  FF4 and FF6 have pretty basic stories, nothing as complicated as time travel. 

Then there's hundreds of questions with no clear cut answers.  Unless CC answered them.

(Why did Lavos come here?  How did the queen find out about him?  Just what the hell happened to Schala? What's the Entity? What's the deal with the Black Omen?  If Lavos wasn't woken up, how long would he have slept?  How is he killing the planet?  What does it mean when they say Lavos caused evolution?  What's Marle doing with Schala's pendant?)

In FF6, it's all pretty simple.  Kefka wants to kill everything because he's nuts.

Chrono Cross answers pretty much all of those questions.

Must...resist...urge...to...rant...

This Thursday 8pm EDT, we will have the TRUE Quarter-Finals of the RPG Evil Tourney, locked and loaded.

And dammit, I missed a convo about Evil Villians and Chrono Cross/Trigger? Dammit, dammit, dammit.

This Thursday 8pm EDT, we will have the TRUE Quarter-Finals of the RPG Evil Tourney, locked and loaded.

And dammit, I missed a convo about Evil Villians and Chrono Cross/Trigger? Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Stay tuned until the Quarter-Finals for my rant on why Jowy Blight should have won.