TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

All-time "Around the Horn"-style panel

Guest Redhawk

Four sports media people, living or dead, given two hours, on an Around The Horn / Sports Reporters-type show. Give one Dream Team and one Nightmare Team.

Good: Mike Wilbon, Dick Schaap, John Miller (ESPN baseball guy), Bert Sugar

Bad: Larry Merchant, Mike Lupica, Stephen A. Smith, Joe Theismann

Best: Woody Paige, Jay Mariatti, Max Kellerman, and a serious reporter like Dick Shrapp.

Worst: Stephen A Smith, Michael Irvin, Deon Sanders, Chris Rose. EITHER TALK TOO LOUD OR ARE CLUELESS.

Is Stephen A. Smith not the WORST sports commentator in the history of any sport? He's so bad, I can't even believe he's hired.

Talking above the other commentators with all of the Laker love in a heel persona is really bad. Micheal Irvin did not help himself during the football draft with all the jibberish he was saying.

Did the Jim Rome show get cancelled for good this time? His discussion group was ok but nobody watched or cared.

Stephen A. Smith reminds me of that Hooper X character from Chasing Amy. I KNOW when he gets off the air hes all soft spoken and feminine.

Good: Woody Paige, Jay Mariotti, Mike Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser

Bad: "Stat Boy" Tony Reali, Mike Lupica, Christopher Russo, Mike Francesca

Guest jpclemmons

good: Woody Paige, Steven A. Smith(I personally find the guy hilarious), Dan LeBatard, Micheal Wilbon

bad: Mike Lupica, Stat Boy, Bill Laimbeer, Joe Mariotti

Good: Jim Rome, Ralph Wiley, Michael Holley, JT the Brick

Bad: Len Pasquerlli, John Clayton, Max Kellerman(except for boxing discussion), and Michael Irvin.

Guest Smues

Good: Tony Kornheiser, Woody Paige, Norman Chad(For some reason he always makes me laugh), Joe Morgan.

Bad: Bill Plashce(yes I know I spelled it wrong), Jim Rome, Stephen A. Smith, Stewart Scott

Bad:  Steve Somers

Bah, Steve Somers is the best sports host on WFAN. He doesn't take himself seriously, he actually adds some HUMOR to his broadcasts, and he lets the callers do the speaking instead of constantly interrupting them.

Which is the exact opposite of Mike Francesca and Christopher Russo. I really can't stand either one of them.

Dream: Hosted by Karl Ravech - Mitch Albom, Michael Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser, Bob Costas

Nightmare: Hosted by Chris Rose - Tom Arnold, John Salley, Michael Irvin, and John Kruk

Like the egomaniac Costas would share the spotlight with 3 other people.

I'd prefer each sport having a special panel, with experts in that sport.

Guest Redhawk

Is Chris Rose the host of the Best Damn Sports Show? Cause I know that guy is REALLY annoying.

My nightmare host would be Chris Connelly (sic?). He had a show on ESPN a couple years back, but I can't remember what it was called. He used to be an MTV News guy, so he was always trying way too hard to be "down" and "hip." He's like a White Stuart Scott.

So bad it's good: Hosted by Charles Barkley - Diekembe Mutombo, Ricky Henderson, Patrick Ewing and Oil Can Boyde (just because he criticized Cleveland for building a stadium on the ocean).

Best panel - Jay Mariotti, Woody Paige, Dick Shapp, Michael Wilbon

Worst panel - Bill Plasche, Kevin Blackistone, Tom Arnold, Jim Rome

So bad it's good - Charles Barkley, Michael Irvin, Jose Canseco, Frank Thomas...

Guest Redhawk

So bad it's good: Dennis Rodman, Jamal Lewis (he's not much of a talker to say the least), Dikembe Mutombo, Evander Holyfield.