TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

New Shining Force Games!

R P G A M E R  -  N E W S  B U L L E T I N

New Shining Force Titles on the Way 

PHILLIP CLAYTON

STAFF REPORTER

According to a teaser website recently opened by Sega, the Shining Force series is due for a resurrection. In addition to the upcoming Game Boy Advance title Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, the newly-opened Shining World website promises us two more new releases in the series. The other two releases; Shining Tears and another game simply titled Shining Force, are not yet bound to a particular console, though at least one will be developed by the Amusement Vision studio.

The Shining Force series has been rather dormant since its third installment on the Saturn, with only the spin off Shining Soul representing the series since then. With this new information, the series looks to be preparing for a resurgence. It's likely that we'll become privy to more information from Sega at E3.

1UP

News Source

Just so you know, Shining Worlds is not open till 30th of this month. However, we got two new Shining games! And they aren't remakes! I wonder if we'll see Shining Force 4? And what the hell is Shining Tears? Damn, I can't wait for E3 (as we'll find out more than).

I love Shining Force.

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is coming to GBA. That's probably the one they're referring to. Atlus is actually the one bringing it over here.

You can read more about it and check out screen shots in Nintendo Power (which also has a neat article on Tales of Symphonia, which also looks awesome and is coming to GC).

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Sweet. I loved the first two. Half strategy, half rpg, and very addictive.

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is coming to GBA. That's probably the one they're referring to. Atlus is actually the one bringing it over here.

Ahem, it says "in addition to Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon"!

So weee!!! We get Shining Force games! I'm thinking that the Shining Force game, is probably a remade Shining Force 3 for those of us who didn't get to play it on Dreamcast.

As for Shining Tears, I'm not sure about it. Just from the name, I'm gathering that this one will be a very eye soring (in a good way) game.

I'm thinking that the Shining Force game, is probably a remade Shining Force 3 for those of us who didn't get to play it on Dreamcast.

Well, it was actually a three-disc set (of which only one was released in North America) on the Sega Saturn.

It could have came out for the Atari Jaguar, though, and I'd still be anticipating the remake. Definitely one of the more underrated series in gaming today.