TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Thomas the Tank Engine toys

I just logged off and found a collection of these metal toys from way back when, and I was curious was to whether or not they could be worth something. You don't seem them being made anymore, which is obvious because of the show, but still, could they be?

How I loved that show... I marked out whenever I heard Ringo Starr's voice. The memories just come flooding back after watching something a lot from that age.

These toys are wonderfully made, of a decent weight, and just look damn good. I wonder...

Guest Museite

Thomas owned that era... the TV show in its prime was with Ringo in the early 90s. I've seen some of the re-makes now and there are too many uncharismatic engines with poor talent...(sounds like a wrestling promotion).

My school teacher Ms Thomas looked like the Fat Controller, down to the whiskers on her chin.

Yeah, the show is nothing to what it was. Much like other programs - the Power Rangers, for instance.

I don't have any models of actual people (well, there was only one), but in engines, Thomas, Henry, Gordon, James and others are there, but not some of the more recent ones, like Mavis.

The carriages are there, too, and they are able to be coupled to the engines. :P

Guest Museite

Mavis? wtf? :lol:

Me and my bro, mainly him, had a pretty impressive collection including the aforementioned Edward, Percy, the tag-teams i.e. Donald & Douglas/ Bill & Ben , Annie & Clarabelle (sp). We also had the evil Diesel (with its electricity grrrrr) and the Milk and infamous treacle trucks as well as some of the troublesome trucks.

I forget what the red one was called (there were the big 3, Gordon, Henry and the red one, James perhaps?)

I thank you IB for this trip down memory line.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Wasn't GEORGE CARLIN of all people Mr. Conductor, or was that some other show about talking transportation devices? God that creeps me out, this man who pretty much hates everything, being a nice guy.