TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

True or False

Statement #1: ECW should return.

Mick Foley: True.  ECW had a unique cast of characters who seemed to thrive in that specific situation but have not felt the creative freedom to do so in WWE.

Terry Funk: True.  I think we need some more choice.

Statement #2: Friday's live event will not be the last time WWE fans see Terry Funk.

Mick Foley: True.  I actually asked Terry to read my novel ("Tietam Brown") because I thought he'd be the perfect title character.  So they might see him in the Foley cinematic version (of "Tietam Brown"), or they might see him in a wrestling capacity -- maybe the official Mick Foley retirement match.

Terry Funk: If there's another choice besides true or false, I would use it.  I don't know.  I hope it's not the last time I appear with WWE.

Statement #3: Backlash was not the last time WWE fans will see Mick Foley.

Mick Foley: True. They’ll see me. I don’t know if they’ll see me wrestling or not. But I imagine I’ll be back to do something on the show sooner or later.

Terry Funk: True. I think Mick is a very special entity for WWE, and I think that he’s box office – and that’s what the business is about, is box office. And Mick is box office. God if I know why. (Laughs)

Statement #4: WWE should bring back the Hardcore Title.

Mick Foley: False. Too many Hardcore Matches watered down the concept.

Terry Funk: I don’t know. But I would love to go in the ring against Mick sometime in a Hardcore Match. I think it’d be very entertaining. It’d be special to me, and I think it’d be special to Mick as well.

Statement #5: If you had to do it all over again, you wouldn't have taken all of the risks you did.

Mick Foley: True. I would have taken fewer risks at the armories and high school gyms that dotted the Southern part of the country.

Terry Funk: True. Very true. I really am concerned about my quality of life, and I think all the guys should take that into consideration, although we don’t. When I was younger my father used to tell me, “Don’t do all that stupid stuff, you’re going to regret one day.” And I find it to be truer each day that passes.

Statement #6: More wrestlers should wear pantyhose over their heads.

Mick Foley: False. I think even Terry would say that one less wrestler wearing pantyhose over his head in 1998 would have been a good thing. I never really saw the need for a Chainsaw Charlie when we already had a Terry Funk.

Terry Funk: False. That was one of the dumbest things I ever did.

This was really interesting. I don't actually want Terry Funk to wrestle another match, even if its only a one off. I'd rather see him come in for a one off appearance in a match, as a manager or something. As for Mick, well I hope he comes back every year. I'm a big mark for the guy, and I love everything that he does. An interesting article.

Not bad.

I'll never understand the reasoning behind Chainsaw Charlie either. I'm glad to see both guys basicly bash the character.

Downhome, if that clip's from Jack Frost 2 then you rule it! Anyways, I'd love to see a 'retirement' match between Foley and Funk if it meant a retirement for both of them.

Guest Trivia247

Foley doesn't want the Hardcore title back thereby eliminating the Hardcore division (the dead and buried division)

thats interesting. Not that he would have any love for the one mode of wrestling that he was most beloved with.

I tend to think the opposite not that I would want anyone to lose their career over a stupid garbage match, but if your gonna have a Hardcore match, at least make it mean something for a belt.

The Hardcore division got really, really stupid. If they had of kept the belt on guys like RVD (who could have good hardcore matches and wrestled guys like Jericho, Angle and Rock at that time), the division could have mean't something again. They should have abolished the 24/7 rule once Crash went out of the title picture. It was a good decision to get rid of the belt, and plus, WWE doesn't need anymore belts right now.

The 24/7 rule basically killed the Hardcore title.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I wouldn't mind seeing teh hardcore division make a comeback since it'd mean that some of my favorite wrestlers COUGHdreamerCOUGH would get tv time again. What they really need to do is just abolish the 24/7 thread and try not to have every match follow the same tired formula. Hardcore doesn't neccasarily mean garbage wrestling.

What killed the Hardcore division was that every match was the same. And to add to that, despite what WWE wanted to think, cookie sheets and aluminum trash cans, the staple of every WWE hardcore match, are not hardcore.