TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

5th Round of RPG Tourneys 2k4: Good And Evil

Just thought I should let everyone know that I'm merging the tourney threads. Read to find out who advances.

Goodie Tourney Quarter-Finals:

Nina – Breath of Fire (Series)

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Fei Fong Wong – Xenogears

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

Baddie Tourney Quarter-Finals:

Death – Castlevania (Series) [Had VD over Ganondorf]

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2 [Had VD over Kain]

Queen Zeal - Chrono Trigger

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

Kahran Ramsus – Xenogears

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

8PM EST This Thursday Is Voting Cut Off

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

Tir – Suikoden

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

Magus - Chrono Trigger

8PM EST This Thursday Is Voting Cut Off

Celes

Kain

Terra

Cloud

Death

Luca Blight

Ghaleon

Magus

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

vs

Grahf – Xenogears ( a tough one for me, but I'll go with Grahf even though death has the coolest entrance ever in SC IV)

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

Kahran Ramsus – Xenogears (I'll atone for voting against him in the last round)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Hero:

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

Tir – Suikoden

Villian:

Grahf – Xenogears

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

Tir – Suikoden

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Square and Konami, Square and Konami.

I still don't like how many of the good people were eliminated early. Thats why we should have established who was a top seed. Scrubs from obscure Jap RPGs that had no change should have been up against Kefka from the get go so we could have had real winners at the end.

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Tir – Suikoden

Death – Castlevania (Series)

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

Magus - Chrono Trigger

How the hell did queen zeal get so far?

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

WTF is cloud doing here? This board is worse than gamefaqs.

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

I still don't like how many of the good people were eliminated early. Thats why we should have established who was a top seed. Scrubs from obscure Jap RPGs that had no change should have been up against Kefka from the get go so we could have had real winners at the end.

There will be no seeds until next year and those who ended up where they are right now (top 16) will gain those seeds.

The reason it was so random, and that was because I wanted to do it up and just see how different we were from GameFAQs. Obviously, not too terribly different, if we have Cloud making it to the final 8. This doesn't make this Tourney worse than GameFAQs. Just that it was a really tough and some favorites like Kefka and Sephiroth got knocked out early.

And really, isn't it humorous to you people that the favorites to win got tossed? In the Villians Tourney, I've got no clue who is possibly going to win that tourney. None at all. Queen Zeal is still alive in it and the reason for her being alive was well explained by someone back in Round 4 I believe. A lot of people say that Queen Zeal is the true boss of Chrono Trigger, and the explanation to it is kind of sound.

Hell, I'd like to add I see a lot more females in the final 8 of Heroes and the final 8 of the Villians than I thought I would. I thought for sure Nina would be the only one to survive to this point. Color me surprised she isn't the only one. Especially color me surprised that Zeal made it so far, considering how few female villians there are.

And really, isn't it humorous to you people that the favorites to win got tossed? In the Villians Tourney, I've got no clue who is possibly going to win that tourney. None at all. Queen Zeal is still alive in it and the reason for her being alive was well explained by someone back in Round 4 I believe. A lot of people say that Queen Zeal is the true boss of Chrono Trigger, and the explanation to it is kind of sound.

Well that's sound, but saying she's a better villain than magus isn't. So she better not get further than him. :)

Well that's sound, but saying she's a better villain than magus isn't.  So she better not get further than him.  :)

But is Ghaleon a better villian than Zeal?

I say no.

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

You hosers, Citan is the best character left in this entire tournament.

How is Citan the best in the entire Tourney of Good and Evil?

That's just not right my friend. Personally, I find Kain's character better than Citan's. That's my own opinion and why I voted Kain.

I've always liked Kain. He's my second most liked character.

Top 5

5) Magus - Chrono Trigger

4) Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

3) Tir - Suikoden

2) Kain - Final Fantasy IV

1) Lightning Flik - Suikoden 1 & 2

...and yes, I left my namesake off for a reason this year. Because I wasn't about to have someone rip me a new one for being favorites.

Um... Because long story short, he went through something I did.

He was entralled by a person whom he admired, respected and loved. She died and there wasn't anything he could do to stop this, yet feels deeply that it is his own fault for her death. And even though he gets on with life, he never really lives it down.

That's why. Yes, Viktor's character was better than Flik's, but I had a better attatchment to Flik's character due to the parallel that his life and mine when through.

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

Magus - Chrono Trigger

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden (Yeah, Cloud being here is pretty damn stupid.)

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series) (By a country mile.)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Wow, I'm sorry I asked.  :(  How long ago was that.

No worries about asking. Honestly, I don't have a qualm talking about it. I just felt like I should've been able to do something to save her. I can't accept that there was nothing.

About five years ago... Not that long ago. About, sometime in April. I'm guessing 16th - 18th. I think she died on the 16th, but no one got around to telling me till the 18th. I understood why now, as I think I had an irrational fit of rage, sorrow, and frankly, I was quite unstable afterwards.

Seemed perfectly reasonable then, but still, I ended up being one miserable SOB and hated the world for at least a week. Quite sure I wasn't quite right when I took offense to a guy hounding me on the court as I had made mention of it, as I don't lie about stuff like that, so of course, that means poke fun at the guy grieving. Finally, he decided to get me in a chokehold. Naturally, in the state of mind I was in, I reversed it and tried to literially kill him.

It wasn't one of my prouder moments, as I quite clearly remember that I was going to kill him. I wanted to kill him. I heard him croak out for me to stop, but I just squeezed tighter. I said in a silent voice, "you do know you are going to die, right? Question is, will it be by natural causes? Or by my chokehold? ...you know what? Killing you sounds like fun. Of course when you die, you'll see the person you made fun of. The person I care about. And frankly, when you die, she'll be the one to show you the pits of hell, where you deserve to be."

That was practically the only thing that stopped me from finishing it right then and there. I came to realization of what I was doing, and how that same said angel would most likely not approve of how far I had sunken.

Last thing I ever said to the kid was, "be lucky she was here today, to save you from me."

I don't remember what happened next, but I just remember the fact I had tears down my face and the Vice-Principal of my school talking to me and me apologizing my ass off for getting out of hand.

I never was charged with anything because the kid didn't think I'd go that far as my reputation as an A+ student, along with high temper but quick blow off as nothing, and because I was constantly ridiculed at the time; everyone thought it was only natural.

Hence when I played Suikoden, I saw Flik and immediately synched with the character. Not the total same circumstances, but never the less, he had gone through what I had, except of course, he had things I never have had after the death.

Poise in all of his actions, self-confidence in whatever he did no matter how futile, and acceptance of Odessa's death.

Because he was everything I was not, I took up his character as my moniker, and have strived to be akin to him. Not saying I want to be Lighting Flik for real, but more I just wish to have everything he embodied that I saw and lacked.

That's pretty much why I took up the moniker, and why he's my favorite character.

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

Jowy Blight - Suikoden 2

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Kain isn't really a character as much as he os a character description.

There wasn't much you could do back then with the systems. So I give a little leeway to him.

Besides, I figured the whole "Citan's actually in leagues with the bad guys, except he's going to follow his heart and not be" terrible as you could see it a mile away.

Honestly, were you expecting Kain to betray you? Not one, but every freaking time you turned your ass on him? And the fact he always tried to make up for it, before getting screwed up once more.

vs

Celes – Final Fantasy 6

Citan Uzuki – Xenogears

vs

Kain – Final Fantasy 4

Terra – Final Fantasy 6

vs

Cloud – Final Fantasy 7

vs

Tir – Suikoden

vs

Grahf – Xenogears

Luca Blight – Suikoden 2

vs

vs

Ghaleon - Lunar (Series)

vs

Magus - Chrono Trigger

Wow, I'm sorry I asked.  :(  How long ago was that.

No worries about asking. Honestly, I don't have a qualm talking about it. I just felt like I should've been able to do something to save her. I can't accept that there was nothing.

Then how did she die? I had three friends commit suicide 3 years ago. Two of them I hadn't seen since high school, but one of them was one of my best friends. So I know how it feels to wonder if you could've done something.

The only characters I can relate to in RPGs though, I tend to hate and put on worse ever lists. See for instance, Squall.

Besides, I figured the whole "Citan's actually in leagues with the bad guys, except he's going to follow his heart and not be" terrible as you could see it a mile away.

Honestly, were you expecting Kain to betray you? Not one, but every freaking time you turned your ass on him? And the fact he always tried to make up for it, before getting screwed up once more.

There are a lot of things I didn't expect in that game, doesn't make it any better. I didnt' expect every single character to "die" and then come back a few hours later. Kain's story isn't that much different than how you explained Citan's to be. Citan had a personality, and he wears glasses. I'd rather watch a scene with Citain in it than Kain.

BTW, Jowy Blight is the best character in the tournament, not Citan or Kain.

The fact that he comes from such a pissy game automatically disqualifies him.

Then how did she die? I had three friends commit suicide 3 years ago. Two of them I hadn't seen since high school, but one of them was one of my best friends. So I know how it feels to wonder if you could've done something.

The only characters I can relate to in RPGs though, I tend to hate and put on worse ever lists. See for instance, Squall.

She wasn't feeling well and I told her to go see a Doctor. She didn't of course, thinking it was my over reacting nature. If I had insisted, she probably would've gone to the doctor...

She died from an intense fever. Honestly they aren't sure what she had, but could make a few stabs at it... However, I was told if she had gone in a few days earlier, and gotten checked up, she would've been fine. And she spent most of the day with me a few days previous. I wish I had done what I should've and insisted on her going in.