TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5_moves_of_doom

SWF Smaaaarkdooooooown.

Just like Thoth, I'll be PUNK RAWK~! and not use tags, since Zed gets bored and will gladly take the time to add them in later. :)

SWF PRESENTS...

SMARKDOWN!!

MONDAY, MAY 10TH!!!! (8 EST)

LIVE FROM THE INDIO POLO FIELD IN INDO, CALIFORNIA!!! The Coachella Music and Arts Festival was just held there last weekend, and it was a BLISTERING 115-degrees! Hurray! But of course, the show is at night, so it'll be merely "warm."

Send everything to: realitycheck

OPENING PROMO: "DEATHWISH" DANNY WILLIAMS

-- DANNY WILLIAMS IS ONCE AGAIN THE CHAMPEEN! He's cracked skulls and beaten up women (RE: Sydney Sky and Annie Eclectic) to get to this point... uh, again, so now, what does he have to say about it?? Danny doesn't promo very often, so this should be a rare opprotunity to see what's on our new champion's mind!

"Marker": realitycheck

OPENING MATCH

Stryke vs. Todd Cortez

-- Todd's first singles match, I believe. Let's see what he can do!

Rules: Standardosity.

Word Limit: 3800

Marker: 5_moves_of_doom

TABLES MATCH OF HARDKORE FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE

Crow vs. Dace Night vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

-- Ahh... sweet, sweet history. And very hardcore history at that. These three have spilled eachother's blood many a time, but tonight they'll spill eachother's blood... uh, through tables!

Rules: Standard Table Match Rules... Elimination. You can't put yourself through a table. Any non-table weapons are allowed. And encouraged.

Word Limit: 4500

Marker: realitycheck

#1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE PART 1

Insane Luchadore vs. Austin Sly

-- Johnny Dangerous is the Cruiserweight Champ, and he needs some competition. These four cruiserweights (from this match and the one below) are all nice and potential-esque, if only they could get that extra push and show a little bit of consistancy. So... two Contendership matches, and the winner of each will go on to a three-way battle with JOOOOHNNNNY DANGEROUS!! Sound exciting. If this is noshowed (especially without an excuse,) you will be in trouble.

Rules: Standard

Word Limit: 4000

Marker: Thoth

#1 CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE PART 2

Jacob Helmsley vs. Alan Clark

-- See above.

Rules: Standard.

Word Limit: 4000

Marker: Grand Slam

HARDCORE TITLE MATCH

Mike Van Siclen vs. Aecas

-- Both have been doing well lately, and Aecas has a shot at MVS's title. Should be a good match.

Rules: Hardcore. Duh.

Word Limit: 4500

Marker: Thoth

UNITED STATES/JUNIOR LEAGUE TITLE MATCH

Landon Maddix vs. "Wild" Coy West

-- Two very impressive athletes indeed. Landon won a shot at Coy on Lockdown, and he's cashing in rather quickly. FIGHT!

Rules: Standard

Word Limit: 4800

Marker: chirs3

REDEMPTION STEEL CAGE SUBMISSION MATCH

"The Superior One" Tom Flesher vs. John Duran

-- Duran Duran suffered a MISERABLE AND EMBARRASSING loss to Danny Williams on Lockdown, losing his World Title in the first place. Beating possibly the most talented man in the fed could be his chance to jump back on the high horse. Duran won't be getting an immediate rematch against the World Champion, so says Lord Zed (and Rita Repulsa,) but a win over Tom here would be mighty impressive and get him that much closer to regaining his gold! Oh, and as a bonus feature, it's a steel cage submission match! Since Tom is the master of submission and all, this makes the challenge even GREATER for Duran!

Rules: 20-foot steel cage surrounds ring... no escape. No rules... first man to tap out or pass out is the loser. I know the big stip may seem a bit too big for a non-title match or whatever, but hey... look at the two men fighting here. The winning match, if done right, could potentially be a classic.

Word Limit: 5500

Marker: 5_moves_of_doom

#1 CONTENDERSHIP AT THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Nathan Kibagami vs. Toxxic

-- These two really, really don't like eachother, and Toxxic recently asked Nathan for a rematch from their previous encounter a few shows back. Could this one possibly be as explosive as the last? With a shot at the World Title on the line... I'd say it could.

Rules: Standard. Again.

Word Limit: 6000

Marker: Suicide King (I figured Zed has marked enough Main Events in his day.)

Have fun.

Well...I missed out on a Cruiser shot...again.

And I have to try and beat Coy. And write 4,800. Despite having two late assignments to complete urgently.

It's gonna be a fun weekend...

Guest Goodear

And I have to try and beat Coy. And write 4,800. Despite having two late assignments to complete urgently.

The USJL Title... disapointing people that wanted shots at other titles since 2003~!~!~!~!

If it makes you feel any better Landon, I'm going on vacation next week so basically I'm writing this pupper up in the next two days or not at all. Yesssss sir.

Guest Goodear

Ah well, might as well stir up some shit.

... So Kibagami is one match away from getting a shot at the World Title despite losing to every active guy he's faced since coming back except Cortez?

Edited by Goodear

The USJL Title... disapointing people that wanted shots at other titles since 2003~!~!~!~!

If it makes you feel any better Landon, I'm going on vacation next week so basically I'm writing this pupper up in the next two days or not at all. Yesssss sir.

Well, it's not that...considering I knew I had the shot. I just found it ironic that the Cruiser #1 Contenders matches were on the show I was busy. It's no real problem or anything.

And...yes, that does make me feel better.

As Johnny said... you haven't. You'll get your shot eventually, but in the meantime Johnny needs other challengers. Perhaps something exciting~! at the PPV, eh? Which could be even more exciting if you win the USJL Title. So uhh... get to writing.

Guest Fire and Knives

... So Kibagami is one match away from getting a shot at the World Title despite losing to every active guy he's faced since coming back except Cortez?

Yep.

Neeeeeeeeext question.

K.

Whoa. That sure gives me a lot of faith in my competitive writing ability.

hm... I always find it difficult to put Jacob in the Cruiser category, since his speed is a 3... but meh. I'll probably be the only Cruiser in this whole deal that doesn't fly around n' everything. At least now it's a singles match... I can write those. too damn confusing with 5 ppl to manage.

Guest Goodear
Whoa. That sure gives me a lot of faith in my competitive writing ability.

Don't get me wrong, Zack... Silent is a very, very good writer. But like take that Toxxic promo about him and it pretty much wraps up the situation right nicely. I don't know, sometimes I get the feeling that leaving and coming back would be a faster way of getting to the top of the card than just writing full out. I'm full of bitter though so you can just ignore me.

I don't know, sometimes I get the feeling that leaving and coming back would be a faster way of getting to the top of the card than just writing full out.  I'm full of bitter though so you can just ignore me.

...says the guy who was at the top of the card, left, came back, and went to to the midcard. I'm sure that you're more than capable of moving up on your own if you want to, Ejiro.

No, cos I'm gonna beat him :)

But seriously folks... there are other people who could conceivably be in the main event. But they're all kind of involved in something now (Taamo and Dace are starting to feud, Duran is on the rebound but may well come back later, Coy has the USJL belt, etc). When i did that promo I wasn't expecting a Number One Contender's match - I was just expecting a match, so i didn't expect to be thrown into the World Title picture at all. But Kibs is certainly a good enough writer to be there, and perhaps more importantly is one of the only ones free to do so.

But then again, I just promo'd cos Toxxic is a mouthy shite, and there would be NO WAY he would see someone he beat a few weeks ago leapfrog him into the main event without kicking up shit. Maybe Coy should start kicking up shit more?

On another topic, the Ejiro character left after losing the World belt. Then the man who beat him, Danny, left after getting beat by Va'aiga, who left when he got beat by Grappler, who's on extended hiatus after getting beat by Duran - Duran, please don't leave as well.

OPENING MATCH

Stryke vs. Todd Cortez

You mean apart from his match against Kibagami on the show you just posted?

OPENING MATCH

Stryke vs. Todd Cortez

You mean apart from his match against Kibagami on the show you just posted?

Err...zing~!

And, crap. I didn't think about whever it was outdoor or not. Better get re-typing. :P

Hrmm...

Number of Cruiserweight Title contenders on Smarkdown: 4 (not even counting the other 4 cruiserweights that aren't even booked in division matches)

Number of different Cruiserweight contenders I faced as champion: 3 (in 4 title defenses)

So, I only got to face three different challengers in four matches, and the first week after I officially go on the inactive list, there are eight cruiserweights on the same show...

This is like some kind of bad practical joke on me... :(

Make that 9. Stryke, Spike, Cortez, Landon and me are all cruisers in addition to the four in the matches. But when you were champ Spike and Stryke were inactive officially, Jake and Liston were no-showing, Lee and Cortez hadn't joined and I was out of the Cruiser title hunt due to my loss to Clark (followed by my renunciation of being "forced" into it).

But what you have to remember, WC, is that half of those Cruisers are also contenders to the Hardcore Title, and the other half are contenders to the USJL title. And probably one or two will be contenders to the ICTV title as well, if I ever get around to defending it this time round. And then there's the fact that (assuming Todd Royal ever shows up again) the House of Todd and Crotez as one half of Sunset Boulevard are contenders to the tag titles.

Too many titles, too few wrestlers.