TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5_moves_of_doom

SWF Smaaaarkdooooooown.

Bah! I should spit on you for even daring to imply that the World Cruiserweight Title is, by any standard, less important than any belt other than the World Heavyweight Title. :firing:

Where did I say that? I just said that a lot of the cruisers are also competing for other belts as well. So not everyone is going to be in the title race at once.

Easy, killer... I was mostly speaking in terms of myself; I personally turned down multiple title opportunites in pursuit of the World Cruiserweight Title, so in terms of WC, going after the ICTV title when I could go after the CW title would be a disrespect of the CW title.

What, include the Cruiser champ inthe Cruiser title race? Are you mad?

:huh:

OK, 10.

Bah! I should spit on you for even daring to imply that the World Cruiserweight Title is, by any standard, less important than any belt other than the World Heavyweight Title. :firing:

It is less important.

:D

I've always believed the ranking is as follows...

World

ICTV

Tag Team

USJL

Cruiser

HCG

From my perspective (which is, of course, the only one that matters on issues like this :D), the class devide between the belts is like so...

World

ICTV

USJL

CW

HGC - All three belts are roughly the same level, in reality. The strength of them is generally decided by the title holder and how much they're doing with them. This is how you'd "stack" them if no-one stood out as too impressive a champion.

The tag belts, not being singles titles, can't accurately be placed anywhere. For the longest time, they were the most disrespected titles in the fed because of the poor tag division, although during the height of the Justice & Rule era last spring/summer, they were probably worth more than the ICTV.

All in all, though, it does depend on the champion and how visible they're making the title.

-Z

For the longest time, they were the most disrespected titles in the fed because of the poor tag division

Well as active teams that are actually friends with each other - I believe we currently have the Wayward Sons and Hollywood Boulevard. And the division was looking so good for a while as well.

Personally I reckon the Cruiser Title should at least be on the same level as the USJL.

Personally I reckon the Cruiser Title should at least be on the same level as the USJL.

I really have to disagree. The USJL carries the entire weight of the JL's history on it's back (plus the US title's extensive one) and for that, I think it should be held in very high regard - at least, higher than a belt with substantially less history (that being the cruiser, obviously). That's really the only reason I'd place it higher on the list, as I would like to think that the JL spirit still runs in the veins of many of our peers.

I rather take the Cruiser title then the HCG or USJL.

Edit: Since I have some more stuff to add. Since coming back, I've been putting Spike over as a Cruiserweight in my commentary, just to get some attention on me and the cruiserweight divison. Even in the prediction thread, I said that you could replace Me with Jake in the Tables Match/Cruiser Match and things would seem to fit better. I like to think I base my character and my writing around the US indy style, where the best talent is always a cruiserweight (minus a few exceptions). With the title situation, I consider the WF Cruiser divison the same as the old WCW divison. We don't fit into the hardcore title scene, and we can get called up to the USJL and ICTV divison, but we mostly just fit in the Cruiser divison. That's the way I see things.

The WF Cruiser Division is a bit odd now, because we seem to all have a relatively grounded style.

I mean, I'm 210lbs, and my matches are nearly always focused on heelism...maybe too much. Clark is more high impact than high flying. Johnny too. Spike is kinda half and half, same with IL who's more hardcore. Jacob is more hardcore. Toxxic, Cortez and Stryke are all midway too.

That's probably why the division doesn't stand out quite as much...our styles are generally suited to any title, rather than WC's who's is focused more on Cruiserweight action than the ICTV division.

Now WC's gone I believe that you, me and Clark are jointly the fastest in the ring with Speed 7 for all of us. WC was the only one to go "all out" on the speed side of things. The thing as far as Toxxic is concerned is that he uses a lot of springboard stuff, but if he's facing a fellow cruiser he'll always try and out-strike them or drop them on their head and only really picks up the pace against the big guys.

I still reckon Zack should smuggle some more OATTOASTers in. There must be a budding Rey Mysterio in there somewhere.

And Johnny - you CAN fly. But generally you tend to kick people instead. It's not like you're the human pinball Wildchild was.

I am with Toxx in that Clark has the speed, but it's very much a defensive strategic thing more than an offensive pinball thing (though there are occasions when pinball-ism seems to help and fits in with the match.

I have developed a grounded style because playing up a bit more psychology seems to help me make my matches flow a little better than spot, spot, spot, spot, spot (even though I do that all the time too)

I'd much rather have HGC than CW, but that's just because HC fits like a glove (when I write it) then CW. I'd clump myself into HGC category before CW but I'd do either one interchangably. Hell, I can't say much 'cause I've only shown three times now (ICTV contender match, ICTV shot, All-Show-Iron-Man). Anyway this is a good card and I'd personally think it goes like this for titles-

World

ICTV

USJL

Cruiser/Tag Team (When it's a strong division).

HGC

But like Zed said for those three it's really who holds it and how strong of a champion they are.

I "100% Sober Now" L

Well...you can add Todd to the list of grounded Cruisers...when he gets back that is.

Still, that's 11 Cruisers and no sign of a Puro or Lucha style cruiser. That's more what I mean by the division being odd. Which it isn't really, considering the nature of today's 'cruiserweights' like Jamie Noble, Chavo Guerrero, A.J Styles and Trent Acid.

That's it... for my next CW match I will do non stop spots, and have Johnny one with the wind.

Actually I think a mix is good. Cruiserweight wrestling doesn't have to be all about spot, spot, spot. That was WC's charater to do such, and he did it well. Johnny is more martial arts striking with submissions, mixed with the daredevil in him that will drive him to take the spots.

Even WC wore the opponent down with strikes and what not before taking to the skies.

I guess that was a pointless post.

Oh, well. +1.

I still reckon Zack should smuggle some more OATTOASTers in. There must be a budding Rey Mysterio in there somewhere.

We could always do some cross-promotional idea (thoughts have been tossed at times, but nothing ever came of it). However, it'd be a task to work out, as we work in two totally different styles of writing. As I've said before though, while the writing abilities of many in the OAOAST would surely get them noticed here, the bottom line is that it all comes down to each individuals "life schedule" and how they pace themselves. Right now, it's a chore for some to get their OAOAST stuff done, never mind leading the "double life" like me and Mike do.

That's it... for my next CW match I will do non stop spots, and have Johnny one with the wind.

Actually I think a mix is good. Cruiserweight wrestling doesn't have to be all about spot, spot, spot. That was WC's charater to do such, and he did it well. Johnny is more martial arts striking with submissions, mixed with the daredevil in him that will drive him to take the spots.

Even WC wore the opponent down with strikes and what not before taking to the skies.

I guess that was a pointless post.

Oh, well. +1.

Oh, I totally agree, because it lets us wrestle competitively against bigger opponents. Plus, most Cruiserweights nowadays are more than spot-wrestlers. For some guys it works (Special K), but it depends.

Besides, seeing as we're the SMARKS Wrestling Federation, it's hardly surprising we've got mixed styles. Eddie. Noble. Styles. Malenko (less so).

I also agree with Zack, in that this style would take some getting used to from coming from the OATTOAST in some cases. There's a lot of subtle differences between writing for one and writing for the other, which it can be hard to understand without having been in both.

On another note...my match is near enough done, and I'm relieved that I've actually done something. Granted, my coursework is about a week or two late, and for all I know won't be accepted before my exams which start in a couple of weeks. But...meh. I showed.

:headbang:

OPENING MATCH

Stryke vs. Todd Cortez

-- Todd's first singles match, I believe. Let's see what he can do!

You mean apart from his match against Kibagami on the show you just posted?

...I uhm, like to give people fresh starts.