TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

Boston 5/15 ROH show

Others on the board say Spanky/Cide was ***-***1/2, but with an awesome crowd atmosphere for the match.

I think Joe will retain, but it's probably the best chance of him losing the title since he's had the belt.

Guest Choken One
so...Spanky returns to job?

Yeah...when Cide's getting the title shot in a week.

I understand that....

I just didn't get why they bring back a big name (in the indy scene) just to job him to a guy that doesn't really need it.

Oh well...

Anyone know what's planned (if anything) for Spanky at the Dayton show?

Another post off the board:

"WOW, I felt like I was 10 years old again when Ricky The Dragon Steamboat corssbody blocked Punk from the top rope. I am 26 and have never reacted to anything the way I did when The Dragon went to the tope rope. Thank you Gabe

Samoa Joe must have knocked Ricky Reyes(The newest Rottweiler) out with the slap Reyes ran into. Good tight match between them but Joe sold a little too much for him.

John Walters gets a win, yaaaaa, its only over one of the Special K kids. Poor psychology in this as Trent Acid had Izzy up on his shoulders, Walters jumped up and gave Izzy the lung blower, wouldnt you know Izzy was basically no selling it 30 seconds later to hit a high spot? Walters deserves better, he pinned Izzy big freakin deal, he should have pinned Acid or even Strong. Good match non the less, great hometown reaction.

Hydro I think broke Masada's neck. P.S. Hydro, Lowki called he wants that corner suplex back. Masada nees to buy some boots, the sneakers suck in the ring.

Trent Acid is awesome, but he looked totally bored tonight. There should have been more of a match with him and Walters.

Samoa Joe & Homicide are going to kill each other. Spanky took a beating tonight in a decent match. Homicide was on and hit the ace crusher from the top on Spanky for the win. Spanky needs to hit the gym.

The throw away 8 man stunk the palce up. Nothing good there, Loc looks like he is on the gas.

The Round Robin was ok, the last match, Briscoes v. SCS was really good and had a bunch of holy shit moments.

Thats all I will post more thoughts tomorrow, I am still getting chills from the Ricky Steamboat confrontation, it was amazing."

so...Spanky returns to job?

Yeah...when Cide's getting the title shot in a week.

I understand that....

I just didn't get why they bring back a big name (in the indy scene) just to job him to a guy that doesn't really need it.

Oh well...

Anyone know what's planned (if anything) for Spanky at the Dayton show?

I don't think they've announced Spanky for the 6/12 show.

If he's on it, no doubt that he could use a big singles win.

I dislike bringing Spanky back to job to Cide. Homicide's already gone over pretty much every big name left in RoH sans Joe and he's got a damn good chance of going over Joe next week, he didn't need to go over Spanky. Assuming Homicide IS winning the belt, I would have sooner seen Spanky pull out the win and then face Homicide in Cide's V1 defense of the RoH title.

So the title changed hands three times?

Is it the fucking hardcore title now?

They HAD to put over Cide. Before the doubleshot, he had become a huge job boy in ROH for a while. Jobbed to Corino, squashed by Kojima, jobbed to Styles, won a forgettable match with Punk...he was a JTTS. He beat Danielson, but it wasn't in front of the roh crowd really. He needed a big win in the northeast, and this was it. Spanky will only be around RARELY, inbetween tours, no reason to put him over the guy who's going to become the number 1 heel.

Guest NateRizzle

Bold prediction: The Rottweillers will have the world title and the tag titles by DBDII.

'Cide is obviously winning the belt next week, and I see the Pitbulls being the fourth team in the Ultimate Endurance and winning the tag belts.

And in-ring confrontation between C.M. Punk and Ricky Steamboat has been signed for 5/22, so if that guy was marking out over an armdrag he'll probably pass out during this. As for someone who could take the World title off of Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels WAS an easy choice, but now the only possible one would be Homicide. Samoa Joe has had over a year with the belt, I think it is time to see what someone else can do with it and Homicide can work pretty much any style just like Samoa Joe.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

My only question about Samoa Joe is what he would do after he drops the belt- continue with Homicide or do something else?

"ROH champion" is basically his gimmick at this point...wonder what there is for him to do after the reign is over.