TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

A Personal Message from Vince Russo:

Guest glennsoe

A Personal Message from Vince Russo:

To all those who have supported me over the years and also those who have opposed me.

Dear Friends,

Living in “our” world which at times is woven together by gossip, half-truths and lies, I wanted to set the record straight on something you are sure to hear about over the next few weeks.

To those in the business--fans, friends and foes, I have a reputation that can be debated until the end of time. There are those who love me and there are those who hate me, I’ve always accepted that. But those who know me truly know my heart. Those who know me understand what I’m all about. The truth is—that’s all that ever really mattered to me. In my journey throughout life, what always mattered most to me was how big the man’s heart. You can talk all you want about baby faces and heels, but beneath that—we’re all human beings--men and women, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers. That’s why I always looked for “the heart”.

Believe it or not, I’ve never “hated” anyone in this business—no one. If I felt like I was being mistreated I would always try to put myself in the other guys shoes—why is he doing this?—what’s going through his mind? For whatever reason, my heart would never let me “hate”, I guess it just wasn’t in me. And the truth is—I think I had good cause to feel that way about a lot of people—but something inside just wouldn’t allow it. And, it’s funny, because I HATED the wrestling business. I hated what it did to my life, I hated what it did to my family and I hated what it did to me. If I’m going to come clean here, I’m going to come clean: My tenure at WCW drowned me in a sea of deep depression. For the first time in my life I truly understood why people committed suicide—and that’s a sad commentary. But something pulled me through it—something that at the time I just couldn’t understand.

I jumped for joy when my contract expired at WCW, and I knew TNA would be different—but it wasn’t—it was the wrestling business. A business built on dog-eat-dog, every man for himself and TOTAL, TOTAL paranoia. By the way did I mention the politics?

About 6 months ago I felt that TNA was no different from WCW. As a matter of fact, for the first time I came close to actually hating somebody in the business—and that was my best friend Jeff Jarrett. It was at that point that I was overcome with a feeling that shook, and a voice that shouted, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!” At that exact moment something changed drastically in my life. I didn’t seek it—I didn’t pursue it—I didn’t ask for it--it just fell on my head like a steel anvil. Suddenly, without warning I became filled with grace. My entire being changed—mentally, physically and most importantly. . . spiritually.

At 43 years-old, I never thought I’d be at this place in my life. I never thought I could be happy not only in the wrestling business, but in life in general. But, I am. I am because after a hellacious 43 year ride I finally realized one thing—it’s not about me—it never was—it’s about the one who created me. Now I’m not going to preach, not now anyway, because I realize that many don’t want to hear it—remember I was one of the many—but I just wanted to share my story because I felt compelled to. . . by that same voice. It is now out of my hands.

I don’t expect many to understand—but in time they will, I believe we all will. It took me 42 years to “get it”, but the point is—I got it. And that’s why starting May 24th I’ll be attending Denver Seminary School. No, it’s not an angle, not a work, but rather the most important thing I will ever do in my life. Where this takes me I have no idea, but again, that is now out of my hands. But, I will tell you this—I can’t wait to get there! If it’s the wrestling business, then so be it. If my story can have a changing effect on one life then it will all be worth it. If it’s not the wrestling business, that’s OK too, I am now here to serve, not be served In closing I would like to end with a lyric from a song I heard just today that just about sums it up for me:

“Maybe Lord, I can show someone else what I’ve been through myself on my way back to you.”

Kris Kristofferson

Why Me?

Thank you for the opportunity,

Vince Russo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing is for sure...Vinnie Ru will be remembered.....Hey i've always liked the guy.....He has what many people lack and that's "Heart"......

Thanks Vince....for everything.....

I always hoped he could somehow get his midas touch back and work either for or promote against WWE again. I guess this is a final nail in that coffin of hope. No one likes a preachy religious person, I highly doubt he would be willing to do what it takes now to book a successful wrestling promotion.

There is nothing in what he said that leads me to believe he can't book a wrestling promotion well. It's just that he has a new direction in HIS life. Just because he's going to seminary doesn't mean he'll insert Bible lessons in any booking. And though I can't blame people for thinking it's a swerve, I'll at least believe him until he gives me a reason to do otherwise. The guy used to book Crash TV and Tit's and Ass all day, and was,IIRC, the reason we no longer have cage dancing on TNA.

I guess thats where we differ, as I get the feeling he, much like HBK, will no longer want to use anything risque in his character. If he books a promotion like that it will be seen as uncool.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The saddest part of this all is that Russo thinks we care.

When someone joins the church, they don't send a press release to the public. Just do it without hyping it - it'll mean more that way. THUS, I'm sure this will lead to a swerve down the road.

Guest Quik

Could you imagine the follow-up in about 4 months when he returns to TNA?

"I SOLD MY SOUL TO SATAN A LONG TIME AGO!"

**Shudders**

Well, Sting's job is done.

He has brought another one home to Christ.

Granted, I'm not sure Christ asked him to bring Vince Russo in but well done indeed.

Guest SP-1

Actually, when someone comes to Christ they are often told to tell others. Russo is likely just making a public profession and explaining why he's about to disappear from the wrestling world. Assuming he's being genuine. Which I hope he is. Wow. This is awesome.

Guest Dids

For better or worse the guy has been a huge name in wrestling for years. And while I'm not the least big religious, I can't blame him for wanting to share his beliefs. I'm not sure how he's the asshole in this.

I am not saying he is the asshole, I am the asshole. I want the old Vinnie back, I admit to being in the wrong about this. I enjoy sex and violence and cannot stand church, yes I am an asshole but I do not give a fuck. All of the other assholes on this board should stand up and be proud of what you are.

All of the other assholes on this board should stand up and be proud of what you are.

The title line does say "We love our attitude problem."

Well, I'll give a good luck to Vinny Ru. I'm trusting that he's serious in all of this and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he's following a positive direction in his life. As long as he doesn't make wrestling all Bible-ish, that's fine.

Id say it wont have too much of an impact on his career, id say he'll come back and help. Im happy for him. He's had so much people hate him for years its nice that he now has something to look up to and be happy about

Guest Dynamite Kido

Seriously....everyone here should know that this is a work. It's just a ploy to get Mel Gibson to show up for the June 5th TNA show debuting on Fox Sports.

That is quite random. That's something I wouldn't have expected.

If this is legit and he is really going through with this, than more power to him.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

Guys, I wouldn't be so quick to believe Russo. Vince Russo has been known to be one of the most ruthless people in the business that would any tactics and get heat plus step back and look where TNA is located in the BIBLE BELT and Russo is trying to get over as a face.

Guest nikowwf

I know we are wrestling fans, but believing anything Russo says strikes me as being somewhat naive.

niko

Does this mean he won't be DOA anymore? Will there be an Erik Watts return soon?

Does this mean he won't be DOA anymore? Will there be an Erik Watts return soon?

There is no indication that Russo is leaving wrestling. It sounds like he can accomodate school around his wrestling schedule.

And Watts is already back feuding with Abyss in a terrible feud over Goldylox...

So I wonder if his new relationship with Jesus(if that he was eluding to) will have the same affect it did on HBK, and now will see Russo booking himself in the main event every week.

RUSSO JUST BEAT JARRET FOR THE TITLE!!!....Tune in next week to see the rematch, AGAIN!!!