TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

NExt Action Star

Ok, so I just saw the preview of the new reality series called Next Action Star. The premise: A bunch of people compete by performing different stunts and such. In the end, 1 male and 1 female will win a chance to star in their own movie. To me, this sounds like it will produce From Justin to Kelly with explosions. But for some reason, I want to watch this, which will make it only the second reality series (Besides Casion) that I want to see. What do you all think of this?

To me...it seems like your normal "supposedly innovative" reality TV show that just wants to gain some viewers.

BUT...the odd thing is...I actually..really want to see this :/. I mean..it seems like a really long fear factor, and it should be a treat with the action stunts that will be involved...and also seeing as I'm a Big Brother fan, it has aspects from that. So I think I may like this show..although like I said..it seems like your typical reality show that will probaly only last for one season.

When does it start exactly?

I don't really see how doing a bunch of stunts qualifies you to be the star of your own action movie. Maybe it could qualify someone to be a stuntman or something....but is there any attempt to make these people ACT on the show? Even in a silly actioner you gotta memorize lines and try not to run into the sets.

Seeing as they're looking for the next Schwarzenegger and not the next Sir Laurence Olivier...the acting thing is just a miniscule part of it (in other words, I'm guessing that if a contestant can't form a full sentence then they're pretty much out).

I don't really see how doing a bunch of stunts qualifies you to be the star of your own action movie. Maybe it could qualify someone to be a stuntman or something....but is there any attempt to make these people ACT on the show? Even in a silly actioner you gotta memorize lines and try not to run into the sets.

The winner of the comp doesn't STAR in their own movie. But they are in a realy motion picture...doing what the show is, stunts :/. So on the movie poster of whatever movie it is..you won't see there name. It's not for a starring movie role.