TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Listen

There are 3 ways one could handle this:

1. "It's board policy that no copyrighted materials be used" - so if it applies to videos, it should apply to _everything_. Which would suck and hurt the board as it takes the fun out of it. Any other way and you're being a hypocrite for allowing one thing, but stopping another. Authority without Accountability - a bad thing.

2. "We're taking money away from the WWE/other groups" - which is complete bullshit cause the WWE is the last group that should be crying afoul in terms of getting screwed. The amount of shit we've put up with over the years, we DESERVE to get some free fucking media. Besides, this would probably apply to stuff like Smackdown spoiler threads and PPV threads, where people would rather just read the results than buy the show. If you hold this up, then you might as well get rid of the tape trading page.

3. "I'm scared of Lawyers" - the best possible response, though it's the pussy response and as such, we reserve the right to mock. If it were my board, I'd be scared of it, but it's not, so I'm not and I want media posts (!)

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Do you people realize what you're doing to me? Do you know how hard it is for me to stay out of all of this drama?

Can't we all just agree to get along?

Guest Dazed
If I do say so myself, Rudo did an excellent job of handing nik his ass.

Whoa, I'm just applying the rules. I don't make them.

If I do say so myself, Rudo did an excellent job of handing nik his ass.

Whoa, I'm just applying the rules. I don't make them.

Beating you senseless with your own arguement and poking more holes in it than the condom that IB's dad used = ownage.

Guest Dazed

My argument is that "Tom said not to allow full matches to be posted". Feel free to believe what you wish, though.

Guest slacklet
I think we need to understand Fair Use on this board, which is why they wouldn't go after sig pics. They fall under Fair Use. Sheesh.

Someone with sense.

:: claps ::

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Too many muthertruckin posters.  Jebus Cripes.

;)

Make me a mod, and this can all go away.

Make me a Mod, and this place will go down in about a week. I'm poison!

Guest slacklet
Let's make a deal everyone:

Dames will be online here later.

I will make sure he sees this thread so that he can come in here and clean-up this mess.

Deal?

I want what's inside the box.

JSYK, Nik was just telling you what Tom told us when one of the posters in the WWE forum got a nasty e-mail from one of the WWE toadies about giving out full-length matches online.

I apologize if you didn't like the tone Nik used. But cut him some slack here since he only did what Tom told us a month ago when we encountered this same type of problem.

::jumps on JSYK::

Mod dog pile on JSYK!!!

Too many muthertruckin posters.  Jebus Cripes.

;)

Make me a mod, and this can all go away.

We made your better half AoO a mod.

Sorry NM, but your taste in music is just too odd for some of us good ol' boys in the mod meeting room.

::blasts some Frankie Valli on TSM stereo::

Guest slacklet
JSYK, Nik is just telling you what Tom told us when one of the posters in the WWE forum got a nasty e-mail from one of the WWE toadies about giving out full-length matches online.

That's because the file(s) were hosted on his server.

TSM wasn't notified because this board doesn't promote the distribution of copyrighted material.

Therefore TSM is fine so long as a subforum isn't started called "FREE WWE MEDIA DOWNLOADS - POST FILES IN HERE!".

"And for crying out loud: IT'S IN THE FUCKING REGISTRATION AGREEMENT. It clearly says that you cannot post copyrighted material, unless you own the copyright. Please tell me exactly how I have acted out of line here."

My problem is using ^^THIS^^ approach.

JSYK, Nik is just telling you what Tom told us when one of the posters in the WWE forum got a nasty e-mail from one of the WWE toadies about giving out full-length matches online.

That's because the file(s) were hosted on his server.

TSM wasn't notified because this board doesn't promote the distribution of copyrighted material.

Therefore TSM is fine so long as a subforum isn't started called "FREE WWE MEDIA DOWNLOADS - POST FILES IN HERE!".

Really?

Damn.

Yeah, Dames or Tom needs to come in here and clear things up then.

I tried.

::shrug::

This board is starting to suck more than Houston (and I'm not talking about the city)

Well...at least the board isn't as fugly as Houtson is.

Woof.

What what what? A mod admitting the fact that they're not omnipotent?

:::has heart attack:::

I don't recall any other mods saying they could read minds...

:blink:

JSYK, Nik was just telling you what Tom told us when one of the posters in the WWE forum got a nasty e-mail from one of the WWE toadies about giving out full-length matches online.

Making a slight correction:

Deon Dark, the one who started the thread, stated in the post that it was a website that was given the ultimatum - a site that used their own webspace and bandwidth to host media.

If you put a little warning at the top of the forum stating that the media was for the sole purpose of critiquing, the forum would be free of responsibility.

Here's the thread.

I can read minds.

TSA:I love Zack

OSW:Zack rules

NYU:Zack's the man

JSYK:Malibu's cool

Kotz:Go ahead Kylie, take off that leather schoolgirl outfit for daddy...

See?

APO can.

That's why he doesn't post often. He already *knows* what we're going to say in our posts and doesn't need to respond...

:ph34r:

Zack can too.

The power comes in handy when I need to know what the cute girl at the super market was thinking about me when I saw her looking at me in the check-out line.

B-)

I can read minds.

TSA:I love Zack

Of course Preppy.

And Sass - the board isn't as ugly as Houston, but that still doesn't mean it isn't starting to suck like her.

APO can.

That's why he doesn't post often. He already *knows* what we're going to say in our posts and doesn't need to respond...

:ph34r:

Zack can too.

The power comes in handy when I need to know what the cute girl at the super market was thinking about me when I saw her looking at me in the check-out line.

B-)

She was thinking "Shit! I wanna do that guy's friend!"

:P