TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Urine Sane

Slipknot Volume 3 (The Subliminal Verses)

Guest Urine Sane

This album is simply awesome, if you are a fan of Slipknot or Stonesour you will love it. This is what Iowa should have been, you can really tell how much they've matured over the years and have taken from other projects to add to this. They are really taking advantage of Corey's singing voice, I don't care what you say this guy can sing.

My favorite songs:

Before I Forget

Duality

Vermilion Pt.2

The Blister Exists

This album is simply awesome, if you are a fan of Slipknot or Stonesour you will love it. This is what Iowa should have been, you can really tell how much they've matured over the years and have taken from other projects to add to this. They are really taking advantage of Corey's singing voice, I don't care what you say this guy can sing.

My favorite songs:

Before I Forget

Duality

Vermilion Pt.2

The Blister Exists

Agreed to the max. The album is chockful of melodically tinged metal that will rip off your balls while stroking your penis at the same time. Best album of the year so far.

No, scratch that. Best album of the ZEROES so far. No album in the past four years touches this. Truly inspiring and uplifting, all the while acknowledging the very realistic pain that one needs to shed. Beautiful.

Guest Urine Sane
No, scratch that. Best album of the ZEROES so far. No album in the past four years touches this. Truly inspiring and uplifting, all the while acknowledging the very realistic pain that one needs to shed. Beautiful.

I totally agree.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm expecting my little brother to buy this album shortly. I'm sure he'll want me to listen to it.

I've heard it's actually OK, but then I always thought they had potential to be OK if they tried (with 3 percussionists you have no excuse to totally suck). I don't think I'd spend money on it, but I'd like to hear it before I loathe it.

There.

Slipknot was cool for a while, until I got more mature and realised the production sucked.

Iowa sucked the fat one.

I'm sure I'll be back shortly with my opinions on the new one as I'm getting it off Slsk as we speak.

Best album of the ZEROES so far. No album in the past four years touches this.

Without even having heard it, I can name off four albums that are eons better than this one could ever wish to be, namely because of how awful Slipknot is.

-Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. II: Scenes From A Memory (2000)

-Black Label Society's 1919 Eternal (2002)

-Shadows Fall's Of One Blood (2000)

-Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death (2003)

Truly inspiring and uplifting, all the while acknowledging the very realistic pain that one needs to shed. Beautiful.

Good to know that Slipknot hasn't evolved past the "I hate my life" stages like even KoRn, the kings of "I hate my life" nu-metal, has.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I once found myself in a situation where I had to hear Iowa in its entirety.

That's a bitter pill to swallow. Were you at least drunk?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I do that to people with Beefheart. Everyone I've ever played it for has hated it. It's long too, which is the best part of it.

Best album of the ZEROES so far. No album in the past four years touches this.

Without even having heard it, I can name off four albums that are eons better than this one could ever wish to be, namely because of how awful Slipknot is.

-Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. II: Scenes From A Memory (2000)

-Black Label Society's 1919 Eternal (2002)

-Shadows Fall's Of One Blood (2000)

-Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death (2003)

Truly inspiring and uplifting, all the while acknowledging the very realistic pain that one needs to shed. Beautiful.

Good to know that Slipknot hasn't evolved past the "I hate my life" stages like even KoRn, the kings of "I hate my life" nu-metal, has.

Hint on how to read my post: I've never heard a Slipknot album ever :)

I just feel bad knowing that everybody assumed that I just listen to that stuff. It's like no one expected me to have taste. BAH~!

I have the Scenes from New York DVD bitch. I know how good Metropolis is.

AllMusic.com gave it 4/5 stars, and they're usually pretty critical. However, that's just one opinion, I haven't heard anything from Slipknot since that first single for Iowa.

Left Behind, I think it was called.

I'll save my money & buy Contraband.

UYI

I think they're the only band I'd ever listen to that I'd class as nu metal. Some of the singles were OK. I'd choose them over all the boybands-with-guitars types anyday. If I can listen to this album all the way through (I couldn't with either of the others) then eye shall applaud these latex knaves.

Guest OctoberBlood

Iowa wasn't impressive, but there are songs on this album that are pretty darn solid.

I heard "Duality" and mistook it for a song by Motograter or whatever flavor-of-the-week nu-metal shyte has a song out.

What does THAT tell you?

I'll borrow it from my buddy Drew, because he, no doubt, bought it. He loves them. He alos loves a lot of shitty bands. I'll give it a full listen eventually.

Guest Vitamin X

I actually had to sit through the shit that was Motograter who were opening for Ministry. The first thing I thought was these guys are like Slipknot trying to be Mudvayne or vice versa. Except they sucked more. I loved seeing these guys get pretty much zero reaction from the sea of black Slayer and Ministry shirts.

I'm not a fan of the new album at all....

I loved their Self-Titled release...good stuff..mindless but good..

Iowa sucked pretty damn bad..

The new album..I dunno..the production does nothing for me, it sounds like Stone Sour version 2, and I like Stone Sour, but I just cant get into the album..

and as for whoever said this was the best album in the past 4 years...no way in hell...

Shadows Fall..."Of One Blood", "The Art of Balance"

KSE "Alive or Just Breathing"

Lamb of God "New American Gospel", "As The Palaces Burns"

God Forbid "Gone Forever"

Machine Head "Through the Ashes of Empires"

Black Label Society "1919 Eternal"

those are just off the top of my head...

Guest Doyo
"F--- it all! F--- this world! / F--- everything that you stand for!" they roared, dominating the sidewalk with their numbers and passion. "Don't belong! Don't exist!/ Don't give a sh--! / Don't ever judge me!"

flip-a.jpg

Another popular chant stemmed from the 2001's "The Heretic Anthem." As one maggot began the call-and-response chorus with "If you're 555," the others followed with the menacing bellow "Then I'm 666." The combination of a uniformed pack of scary-masked kids equating themselves to the number of the beast while hoisting homemade signs such as "Witness the rebirth of madness" made for a jaw-dropping spectacle, and anyone caught looking received a promotional postcard about the album. Meanwhile, hardly a lamppost passed that wasn't a target for a poster.

Our fans are the greatest in the world," bassist Paul Grey said. "We shot that video on the worst day ever. It was freezing, raining. ... And we had hundreds of kids who stood out there all day in the rain — not complaining, not bitching — just to be there with us."

"A lot of them were out there for six hours with no shirts on," Taylor added. "It was so insane."

flip-e.jpg

Slipknot show their appreciation on the new track "Pulse of the Maggots," an ode to the lifeblood of the group. "I fight for the ones who can't fight," Taylor sings. "And if I lose, at least I tried/ ... If I have to give my life, you can have it/ We are the pulse of the maggots."

As the pulse beat down the streets of Manhattan, the scene got more chaotic with every step as random Slipknot fans off the street were swept up in the march. One maggot seemed destined to be struck by a cab or a bus as he zigzagged through traffic and shoved his placard into the vehicles' windows. Another made stops in every restaurant along the way, fast food joints and four-star establishments alike, shouting "Slipknot!" and "New album out Tuesday!" Others hung from sidewalk scaffolding for an elevated display visible to passersby at the end of the block.

flip-i.jpg

Needless to say, the scene attracted bewildered looks like maggots to a piece of rotten flesh. "They're a great band, check 'em out Tuesday," proclaimed one scarlet-shirted mouthpiece to an attractive young woman in designer shades and a wrap skirt. "Eww, they look scary," she replied.

flip-f.jpg

"What's a Slipknot?" asked a man on his way to catch a train at Penn Station. "What do they do?"

"They're a metal band," came the simple reply from the maggot carrying a poster with headshots of the nine members.

"Well, they look like some psychos."

flip-b.jpg

Finally, toward the end of the hour-long march, one fan seemed close to converting an ordinary citizen into a newly crowned maggot. "I know about Slipknot," said the motherly figure who looked to be in her mid-40s. "They're awesome."

flip-g.jpg

In a gentle, well-mannered voice, he indoctrinated his disciple about the finer points of the 'Knot, and his persuasiveness might have worked, too, had not a fellow maggot yelled, "Slipknooooottt! Yeahhhhh!" right in her face to send her running in the opposite direction.

While passion, loyalty and dedication are surely among a maggot's most prominent virtues, they still need some work in the areas of etiquette and subtlety.

www.mtvnews.com  Maggots Take Manhattan: Metal Fans Get 'Knot-y In Public

and as for whoever said this was the best album in the past 4 years...no way in hell...

Read my second post people.

The best album that I think has been released in the past four years (most of the stuff I listen to is older anyway so I'm not really up to date) is probably Kid A or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I'm probably forgetting something but it's late.

Guest tangerine

I actually picked up this album for a good cheap price and I was still reeling from the fact they easily were the best performence act on the 2nd stage Ozzfest tour yesterday and had the crowd in a complete chaos.

My thoughts are this

1. It's a definate step up from Iowa and the self titled album

2. They got a few good songs that will likely be good radio hits

3. The Lead drumer deserves better. He MAKES these albums so much better and he is the true heart of the band.

Guest Derek Bailey

I've heard Vermilion Pt. 2. It sounded like a mildly sinister Goo Goo Dolls. I'M SOLD.

Heh.

You know, the super-angsty adolescent in me likes a couple of tracks off of the new Slipknot...which is bizarre because their other two albums were some of the worst shit I've ever heard. If you just focus on the music and not the words (a technique perfected through years of listening to Stone Temple Pilots and Nine Inch Nails in high school), "Duality" and "Prelude 3.0" (!) can actually be kind of listenable. Kind of.

Well, at the very least, they help me get through work.

The rest of the album's fucking awful, though.