TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Wwf .....how many days until its death?

My worst nightmare came true at Backlash, Hogan winning the belt. This surely must be the beginning of the end for WWF. Havent they learnt anything from WCW??Vince should look at what happened to the Huckster when he returned to the red and yellow and was given the belt in 99, and how quickly the fans got sick and tired of his stchick.

You know its funny how the WWF used to make fun of WCW because of its old stars and Hogan being champ, they sure look like morons now.

Guest HartFan86

Dude, the WWF isn't going to die. TRUST me. If anything, Hogan will HELP the WWF. He's the most popular star right now. Fans love him. This could be a his farewell title reign, so just let it flow. Trust me, the WWF won't die.

Guest Caliban

I estimate 5731 days until the WWF die, after falling ratings due to the poularity of robotic wrestling mutants.

Guest Some Guy

Firstly Hogan has tweeked his character a little bit, unlike his last face run in WCW.  2nd he's drawing and way over right now.  3rd he won't be champ for very long.  4th the WWF is not going out of business, unless Vince shuts it down himself.  5th stating that the WWF is going out of business because they put the belt on Hogan is silly, they survived Sid, Diesel, Yoko, Big Show, and HHH's last run, why wouldn't they surrvive Hogan?

Plus, it's not like the WWF doesn't have "Life Insurance" or anything.  Be prepared for everything, right?

Guest Caliban

If business were to go down, Vince has way more money than he did in 1993. He could operate the WWF under a loss for years...

Guest dreamer420
My worst nightmare came true at Backlash, Hogan winning the belt. This surely must be the beginning of the end for WWF. Havent they learnt anything from WCW??Vince should look at what happened to the Huckster when he returned to the red and yellow and was given the belt in 99, and how quickly the fans got sick and tired of his stchick.

You know its funny how the WWF used to make fun of WCW because of its old stars and Hogan being champ, they sure look like morons now.

I hope you won't be watching Raw tonight then.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Hogan is drawing? Is that why Smackdown ratings are skyrocketing?

The only difference between Hogan in WCW and Hogan now, is that he is older, and more orange.  Lets see how much he will be drawing once WWF play out their "dream matches" with Hogan. Hogan having the belt does nothing but devalue the title.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Regardless of whether you like Hogan or not, the WWF is turning massive profits with him, did their biggest buyrate ever at WM-X8 (estimated at 1.3-1.4 million buys), and have well over 100 million dollars in hard operating capital (i.e. money in the bank, not virtual "value" based on stock price). Despite all the doom and gloom predictions last year, they still turned a decent profit or several million dollars, and their wrestling business hasn't been in the red since 1997 (their only losing quarter since then was due to the XFL).  Being a "smark" does not mean you know the first thing about economics.

Guest buffybeast

I do find it interesting that the WWF is doing the exact same things, pushing old stars, rehashing old, tired storylines, that WCW was accused of doing back in its hayday.  The WWF right now seems to be run by a bunch of hypocrites.

Guest One Bad Apple

You're one to call someone a moron, considering you seem to think the WWF will die soon because "your worst nightmare" has come true.  

Keep in mind ... your worst nightmare.  Not necessarily that of everyone who keeps the company in the black or the green or the whatever.

I'd go into more detail, but previous posts would render it redundant.  Plus they were worded pretty well, better than mine woulda been.

Guest muswp1

The WWF is going nowhere.  Besides Hogan will lose the belt by KOTR.  He'll win against Undertaker and lose it to, probably, Austin.  It's kind of hard to guess who's next in line with the WCW style booking as of late.  The only other person I could think of is Rock, but no one knows when he will return.

Guest Brian

The thing is, with big buyrates and good attendance (with raised ticket prices), the WWF is still in really good shape. They don't make money on television ratings, so it doesn't even affect drawing power. Unless you look at trends where wrestlers are given prominent roles over periods of about ten weeks. But television plays such a small role other than to build around their money makers.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

The TV ratings matter in terms of advertising, but that's over the long term, and also the WWF gets less money for ads than most "mainstream" television, so ratings drops and increases have even less affect. I think the reason fans obsess over ratings on a weekly basis as a sign of what's happening is for 3 reasons:

1. Eric Bischoff has brainwashed many people (particularly net "journalists" like Meltzer) into thinking they are the be all-end all of wrestling.

2. They are easy to understand, it's just a number with a couple of digits that translates into number of viewers.

3. They are readily available. More important stats like PPV buyrates take longer to get ahold of and are harder to find, while the most important numbers (i.e. the WWF's net profits) only come out in their quarterly reports.

Guest alfdogg
Regardless of whether you like Hogan or not, the WWF is turning massive profits with him, did their biggest buyrate ever at WM-X8 (estimated at 1.3-1.4 million buys), and have well over 100 million dollars in hard operating capital (i.e. money in the bank, not virtual "value" based on stock price). Despite all the doom and gloom predictions last year, they still turned a decent profit or several million dollars, and their wrestling business hasn't been in the red since 1997 (their only losing quarter since then was due to the XFL).  Being a "smark" does not mean you know the first thing about economics.

Good post, man.  My hat is off to you.