TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Official rvd sucks thread

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Rob Van Dam is so horrible that it makes the continuous blowjob he gets from the net all the more hilarious. People talk about his "great wrestling", yet I'm not sure he knows a single wrestling hold. Sure, he can do flips and cartwheels and jumps (that even a half-decent gymnast could do better) and transition between them with....oh right, he has no transitions, it's all spots. His mic skills are absolutely abysmal, among the worst in wresting history. And of course, lets not forget his retarded "I'm a chilled out stoner, man!" character that people seem to think is so cool (that kind of thing will wear off after the 9th grade, I promise). There are plenty of other reasons to hate RVD, such as the fact that a great wrestler like Eddy Guerrero is stuck trying to carry is worthless ass, so feel free to give your own.

Guest Mik at Cornell

You're a moron. RVD does have mic skills and his promos in ECW w/ Sabu were absolutely hilarious. The WWF hasn't given him the chance to even speak. Hell, I don't think RVD is the greatest wrestler ever but he's had nothing but good matches in the WWF, from his matches with the Hardys even last weeks Raw against UT.

Hell I like Hogan too so I can't even point out your obviously retarded bias.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

RVD sucks because the WWF sucks at using him. If the WWF wasnt doing such as horrible job,  this thread would have never started.

Guest Singular

While I'm not RVD supporter number 1, I do think he has been doing a really good job in the ring since his move to the WWF.  I was watching some ECW shows last night and I noticed how long RVD's matches were.  They weren't long for ECW at the time, but compared to the WWF today, it was night and day.  It had to be hard making the transition, but he still gets massive pops from the crowd and that could be all he needs to succeed in the WWF.  Ask Hogan

Guest godthedog

i wholly blame rvd for the letdown at backlash.

premise one: eddy did years of wrestling in japan, where huge emphasis is placed on psychology and transitions.

premise two: rvd did years of wrestling in ecw, where huge emphasis is placed on spots and things like psychology or transitions are ignored.

premise three: the backlash match had basically NO transitions.

conclusion: rvd is to blame.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I think RVD sucks, too. Although he's gotten better in the WWF as far as pointless spots go because the WWF cut down his match times, he still sucks, just less than when he was in ECW.

Guest Anglesault

It's scary to watch Hogan and Test fans call someone else a bad wrestler.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
It's scary to watch Hogan and Test fans call someone else a bad wrestler.

Oh yeah, that's REAL great coming from a Rikishi fan and also thinks that Regal(who only has a job because of HHH) should still be IC level...

A way over the hill guy having the same mustache and hair style since 1980-sum calling someone "dude" makes great TV.  YOU KNOW IT!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I hate Hogan with a passion, but he's not the only person on the WWF roster who uses the word "dude"...

Who else does, you say? Say it with me now: R-V-D.

At least RVD can pull off an immature, surfer stoner, though.

Hogan comes off like my Grandfather trying to fit in at middle school.

Guest Bruin
he's had nothing but good matches in the WWF

I can't say I can agree with that completely. While I loathe his "style" of wrestling, I can't say that he bores me to death in the ring. He is mildly entertaining. Although, a great deal of my entertainment from him comes from how he's shilled constantly on this board, when I don't see ANY of his "great wrestling skillz".

Atleast he's better now than he was when he first came in, back when he kept busting open Angle EVERY match.

Guest dreamer420

His style of wrestling was what got him over in the wwf without having to do little else.  his matches are the most entertaining thing in the wwf right now and his matches aren't boring.  but that is just my opinion, and I'm just a huge RVD mark.

premise one: eddy did years of wrestling in japan, where huge emphasis is placed on psychology and transitions.

premise two: rvd did years of wrestling in ecw, where huge emphasis is placed on spots and things like psychology or transitions are ignored.

Fuck, just because of past things, you blame RVD? If you didn't know, EDDY controled most of the match. The match sucked. EDDY is to blame. RVD can't ruin a match by selling moves (Which he does well)

Most casual fans like RVD's style. They could give a shit what Eddy did in Japan. I could give a shit what Eddy did in Japan. Eddy was in ECW too. His match with Malenko was good. So I'm not an Eddy basher.

Eddy wrestling in Japan doesn't make his WWF matches any better. I never though Eddy was a great wrestler. Once in a while he has a good match, but he's no RVD. RVD's matches are exciting, something that most casual fan's don't think the "puro/japanese" style is.

Eddy isn't as bad as Test, but who is? Eddy is a decent wrestler, but blaming RVD for their match at backlash just shows your a RVD basher or a fucking idiot.

Guest Flyboy
Damn, where's Risk & Flyboy when you need em?

I'm right here, man.  I'm a HUGE RVD mark and I'm not going to deny that, but not I'm going to flame HMW because he's made this topic.  I don't know what he has against the guy... maybe he's scared RVD will eventually take Hogan's spot.  And he will.  Maybe he's jealous RVD is tons more better than Hogan in the ring.  Whatever it is people have against the guy that's their opinion which they are entitled to.  

But, that doesn't mean I have to *agree* with their opinion.  And did I read wrong or didn't HOGAN say he wanted a match with RVD when he was coming back to the WWF?  Oh yeah.. I did.  Even Hogan can notice talent.

Guest JHawk

If RVD sucks, how did he have a good match with the freaking Undertaker on Raw a few weeks ago? When nobody else (except Flair) has had a good match with Taker in two years?

Guest godthedog

Fuck, just because of past things, you blame RVD? If you didn't know, EDDY controled most of the match. The match sucked. EDDY is to blame. RVD can't ruin a match by selling moves (Which he does well)

Most casual fans like RVD's style. They could give a shit what Eddy did in Japan. I could give a shit what Eddy did in Japan. Eddy was in ECW too. His match with Malenko was good. So I'm not an Eddy basher.

Eddy wrestling in Japan doesn't make his WWF matches any better. I never though Eddy was a great wrestler. Once in a while he has a good match, but he's no RVD. RVD's matches are exciting, something that most casual fan's don't think the "puro/japanese" style is.

Eddy isn't as bad as Test, but who is? Eddy is a decent wrestler, but blaming RVD for their match at backlash just shows your a RVD basher or a fucking idiot.

just because eddy was on the offensive most of the time doesn't mean he called the match.

selling the other guy's moves doesn't constitute carrying your own weight in a match either.

the match looked like a bunch of cool spots messily thrown together.  that's pretty typical of an rvd match.  it isn't typical of a guerrero match.  hence, i have the feeling that rvd was mostly responsible for it.

Guest alfdogg
Regal(who only has a job because of HHH)

That interests me.  You know anything else about this?

Guest dreamer420

I've heard they are really good friends out of the ring and after Regal did the Pillman 2000 show HHH got him his job back, minus the real man's gimmick

Guest Kahran Ramsus
If RVD sucks, how did he have a good match with the freaking Undertaker on Raw a few weeks ago? When nobody else (except Flair) has had a good match with Taker in two years?

I hated that match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Anyone who didn't have their RVD hatred blinders on saw that as the best UT match in a long long while.

Guest cabbageboy

I don't know why the RVD/Eddie match is getting torn up, I really liked it.  If anything the match was hurt due to being booked as an extended squash for Eddie.  In other threads I have hypothesized that the horrid Austin/UT match taking up 30m of time hurt this match since it didn't have enough time to develop.

Guest Risk
Damn, where's Risk & Flyboy when you need em?

I'm here too.  Flyboy is very mature, I however, am not.  So I'm free to flame HMW all I want...

First off, "brother", Hogan care barely move and can't even take backbumps.  That, all alone, proves RVD is better.  Hogan can even no-sell more than Taker.  You wanna talk about the net giving RVD head?  What about you smoking Hogan's meat cigar, "dude"?  Hogan didn't make wrestling, he was pushed to the moon, almost always won, had a superhero look, and not to mention "Hulking Up".  

Hulk was a hero to children, who grew up.

Right on bro

Guest The Vanilla Midget
I hated that match.

still hating rvd??

it was a pretty good match, though i liked the one at vengeance last year a bit more.

also, hhh got a watchable and reasonable good match from taker at mania 17 as well so you better add him to that rapidly growing list which now totals three.

Guest Anglesault

Didn't Taker have a shockingly good match with someone he really shouldn't have? Rikishi test or Albert maybe? I seem to recall Taker having a "Wow, that didn't suck!" match with someone like that.