TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacK

Ask the Professor 6/5/04

Guest JacK
06.05.04 | The two years of hard work from everyone associated with TNA paid off on Friday with the debut of IMPACT! on FoxSportsNet. I was very proud of the product we presented on our first national cable TV program and I feel like we've taken an important first step in exposing our exciting brand of wrestling to the masses. We're back on FoxSports next Friday at 3pm, but don't forget our Wednesday (6/9/04) PPV where new NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett promises to crown himself King Of The Mountain. Plus, America's Most Wanted will make the first NWA Worlds Tag Title defense (of their fourth reign) against a team to be determined by you ... the wrestling fan. Vote at this website for AMW's first opponents. A.J. Styles returned to the X Division with a bang on IMPACT and he will challenge Kazarian for the championship. Two former X Division champions will square off when Chris Sabin goes one on one with Michael Shane. Team Canada returns in a 6 man tag against Jerry Lynn, Heavy Metal and Hector Garza. Also, look for a 4 Corners Gutcheck Match (where the wrestlers are out to impress TNA management) involving Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, D-Ray 3000 and "Mr. Losing Streak" David Young.

We invite your questions and comments for MIKE TENAY at [email protected]. Please include your hometown, state and country (if outside the U.S.). Due to the heavy volume of mail, Mike cannot answer every question or reply personally. To read previous ASK THE PROFESSOR columns, click on Interactive on our home page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since IMPACT is showing on DISH Network, do you think that now they will make your PPVs available? I'm very interested in watching your PPVs.

ANSWER: TNA management recently met with DISH and we're hoping they will finally join the rest of the world by making our Wednesday night events available. Let DISH Network know that you are interested in watching the PPVs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to Brock Lesnar going to the NFL? Did he make any team?

ANSWER: Lesnar's invitation to NFL teams to watch him workout in Arizona was postponed because of a groin injury. I have read reports of several teams (including Green Bay, Baltimore and Minnesota) being interested.

I loved the first episode of IMPACT! What happens to three wrestlers who lose the Gutcheck match on Wednesday's PPV? Are they no longer allowed to wrestle for TNA or is it to prove they're not quite ready for TNA?

ANSWER: It's a chance for the four to show management how far they've advanced or regressed. Losers are still allowed to wrestle for TNA, but their chances of appearing on PPV in the near future diminish.

After watching the debut of IMPACT! all I have to say is WOW! That was the best wrestling I have seen in a while. I'd like to see NWA Worlds Title matches on IMPACT! I want more TNA!

ANSWER: Tyler's e-mail is representative of dozens of responses that I've received since IMPACT! aired just a few hours ago.

Is WWE's Mordecai a bulked up Jeff Hardy? He looks familiar but I just can't place him.

ANSWER: No. Mordecai is Kevin Fertig who has been wrestling for WWE's developmental promotion OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling).

I've just started watching TNA since it came on in the U.K. Was A.J. Styles ever a part of WWE?

ANSWER: Styles wrestled for WCW in it's final months.

Has WWE's Eugene wrestled previously?

ANSWER: Yes. He's Nick Dinsmore who most recently competed in OVW.

Recently I've been watching CMLL on Galavision. Is there any reason most of the matches are 6 man tags, 2/3 falls?

ANSWER: It's not just CMLL, it's Lucha Libre. The standard lucha match is a six man tag. Recently, AAA has switched to mostly one fall matches. Keep watching and you'll see some singles matches (mostly title or stipulation bouts like hair vs.hair or hair vs. mask to settle a feud).

Who do you feel in WCW had the brightest future, but didn't receive the push they needed?

ANSWER: I've always felt (and have said on-air several times) that Hector Garza was badly misused in WCW. It's great to see him featured on TNA shows in the right way.

I thought the World X Cup was fantastic! All the matches were simply incredible, especially the Ultimate X match. Does TNA have plans to feature the wrestlers from Canada and Mexico?

ANSWER: Yes! Look for regular appearances from the international talent on Xplosion, IMPACT! and our Wednesday PPVs.

Whatever happened to the "New Diesel"?

ANSWER: He's now known as Kane in WWE.

Who was the first ever X Division Champion? How many times has Ron "The Truth" Killings been NWA Champ?

ANSWER: A.J. Styles, who will challenge for that title this Wednesday (6/9/04). Killings is a two time NWA Worlds Champion.

First CM Punk, now Mordecai? Are these people serious? Who else vaguely resembles Jeff Hardy, I think I should ask if they're Jeff Hardy too. Hell, maybe I should ask if Dallas is Test while I'm at it, but that kind of deserts the whole 'Jeff Hardy' theme of things. And why does he answer those questions? Is it so people can have a chuckle while reading his things? Or does he make them up himself.

I don't see why they even answer stupid questions like that. Yeah sure, Jeff grew a couple of inches, bulked up, and is now Mordecai.

I mean, do questions like that deserve an answer at all?

Maybe Tenay wants to be nice and give confused wrestling fans the correct answers to some of their false percpetions so they can appreciate the sport a little more by becoming more knowledgeable. What is that too non-cynical an answer for you all? Sheesh. And yes the questions are real, I sent in one about Don Callis that he answered...

Guest JacK

Yeah, I had one answered about the Hard 10 thing . . . still didn't understand it until I finished and realised there actually *was* no point.

I meant maybe he chucks in a fake one occassionally. But seriously . . . how could you possibly think they're the same?