Vanhalen

Moves which went out of fashion

Chad Collyer uses the cloverleaf.

I got one...

Tornado punch

Guest netslob
I got one...

Tornado punch

there's a reason it went out of style...it sucks as a finisher (no disrespect for the dead).

How about the move that the Andersons used to do when they chicken-winged the guy's arm behind his back before body slamming him? With all the new 'submission based' emphasis, it'd be an easy way to work the arm without much effort.

Plus, it looked really cool.

Guest croweater

Russian Leg sweep.

It's one of my favourite moves and a relatively simple one to perform....... I spose they save it for The Rock when he makes his once yearly appearance.

Kurt uses the Russian Leg Sweep alot.

Christian started using the Cloverleaf before he got injured, but not as a finisher.

Paul London uses the 450 as his 'finisher'(ha).

Dawn Marie used the Pefect Neck Snap at Judgment Day against Torrie. Or it might have been the other way around.

Tajiri used a safer version of the Michinoku Driver for a while. I think he only used it is his matches against Rey, though. Ren's just seems more like a shitty sit-out powerslam.

Didn't Gail Kim used the Death Lock on Raw this week (haven't seen the show yet)?

Triple H used it during his feud with Booker last year. He didn't get one victory with the hold.

Eugene has been using the atomic drop alot, and so does Shawn.

Eugene also used the Claw in his training segment a few weeks ago, and he uses the Airplane Spin. Rhyno used it for a while as well.

The Bashams used a double slingshot suplex a while ago (SurvivorSeries?)

H and Shawn used the Ab Stretch alot.

Orton has been using the Camel Clutch a bit.

Brock used the delayed fisherman's suplex before leaving.

Batista usually goes straight into the pin with the sitout powerbomb, doesn't he? Edge used it against Orton a couple of weeks ago.

Bubba sometimes uses the senton splash (and misses).

Everyone still uses the spinebuster.

Kurt uses the gutwrench suplex sometimes.

Batista uses the boston crab.

That's all I got.

Oh, I haven't seen anyone bust out a Dragon Suplex in WWE for a while. Maybe they banned it? Or a Tiger Suplex.

That's because moves with high potential for neck injury are banned. When will WWE figure out that superstar injuries are due to the 4 day a week schedule, not the moves they do?

How about the move that the Andersons used to do when they chicken-winged the guy's arm behind his back before body slamming him? With all the new 'submission based' emphasis, it'd be an easy way to work the arm without much effort.

Plus, it looked really cool.

Hammerlock Slam.

Batista usually goes straight into the pin with the sitout powerbomb, doesn't he? Edge used it against Orton a couple of weeks ago.

Wrong. He powerbombs the guy, then floats over into a normal lateral press.

Batista uses the boston crab.

Half-crab.

Sorry to nitpick, I'm just a details person. :P

To hell with you, you, you nit-picker you.

Ok, Batista USED to go straight into a pin when he first started using the move. And I was sure Batista used the full crab, but I must have been mistaken.

To hell with you, anyway.

Well then, shouldn't German Suplexes be banned? There is a high potential for neck injury with a German.

Watch Chris Benoit do a German in WCW, then watch him or Angle do one in WWE. In WWE, the suplexer doesn't actually bridge back or hold on to the opponent. They basically just throw the victim so he can land on his back. Even when they do rolling Germans, the opponent usually lands more on his back.

How long has it been since someone's done a Falcon Arrow?

Hardcore Holly used to do that as a finisher, I think.

Guest wildpegasus
Oh, I haven't seen anyone bust out a Dragon Suplex in WWE for a while. Maybe they banned it? Or a Tiger Suplex.

I don't think Benoit throws out the dragon suplex unless someone specifically asks for it. That's why in WCW and the WWF you will usualy see the same people take it. It's kind of similar to the powerbomb. The only person he's hit it with is Guerrero although he has tried with others. Good examples of the dragon suplex are Kanyon, Regal or Jericho. Benoit once said on an interview that most people are scared when they see what a dragon suplex actually looks like. If Benoit wrestles Jericho on PPV than we have a real good chance of a dragon suplex happening. At Summerslam there's a possability we could see one against HHH. I could see Edge eating one up as well.

Couple of moves that haven't been done for awhile

Arn Anderson's Back Suplex with the arm held behing the oppenets back

the running splash (Warrior used for pins)

Crossbody off the top turnbuckle

Headbutts!

Reverse atomic drop

those are the only ones coming to mid at the monent

Can someone please describe to me how a Dragon Suplex is performed?

My apologies for being ignorant.

Guest Rrrsh
i haven't seen a spinebuster in what seems like forever.

Thats a good one!

Guest Rrrsh

I miss Fisherman Suplex's, along with the Slingshot Suplex.

I think the Top Rope Leg Drop could really be an over finisher for sumone who needs one (I am looking at you Mr Benjerman)

Guest Rrrsh
Can someone please describe to me how a Dragon Suplex is performed?

My apologies for being ignorant.

Full Nelson, then a regular bridge suplex.

Guest Trivia247

Someone actually tapping out to a Abdominal Stretch I bet back in the day circa 60's-70's the Abdominal Stretch was a finisher like a camel clutch was in the 80's

Re: Did the legdrop die with Hogan?

Rosey does a twisting legdrop.

The hammerlock suplex and slam are a good call. Those were Anderson signature moves that are really simple to execute, really effective way to work the arm, yet nobody uses them anymore.....

One move I really miss is the delayed vertical suplex like Davey Boy used to do.

Here's a move that went out of fashion for awhile. A wrestler using a powerslam as a near fall and the fans BUYING it as one. That is until Goldust came back and started using it and once he did the fans started to buy it as a near fall again. At least when he did it anyways.

How about matches that start in a collar and elbow tie-up? They used to happen in every match. Now they barely happen at all.

Someone actually tapping out to a Abdominal Stretch I bet back in the day circa 60's-70's the Abdominal Stretch was a finisher like a camel clutch was in the 80's

I could swear for the life of me that someone used to use the Ab stretch as a finisher but I can't remember who.(late 80s-early 90s) Anyone help me out here?