TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gatornibs

Joe Schmoe 2 Premiers Tuesday June 15th on Spike!

Ingrid is totally annoying. Neither of the two Schmos are as loveable as Matt (Joe Schmo the First? Schmo Sr? Schmo Classic?).

I saw the DVD in stores today, but didn't buy it. I know I'm gonna regret that.

Anyways, I knew it was Ernie once Piper started hating on him. Gerard, Bryce, and Ralph + Montecore are saving this show.

I'm kinda suprised people thought Ernie would stay after the grape-stomping scene...it was pretty obvious. Nice play on these kinds of shows too, with Piper's ultra-nice excuse for dumping his ass.

The "erect your candles" stuff was pretty amusing, and Bryce was awesome. The whole dinner scene was great. TJ also showed a lot this ep, and they played up him and Ingrid's interaction (plus the lingering hand on his shoulder at the end). It's interesting how they made Austin kind of an asshole already, I thought that would wait a few eps. Ingrid doesn't seem to be into him at all, so if they did want to evict her it would be pretty plausible.

I saw the DVD in stores today, but didn't buy it. I know I'm gonna regret that.

Well, what can I tell ya? deepdiscountdvd.com, free shipping, use the code summersale before June 30 and get 20% off on all non-preorders. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Ernie going was predictable. They were going for the "Average Joe" angle, so you knew he had to go. Elanor should probably be next for the women, and I think that Bryce will be next for the men (but he'll show up again later).

Interesting dynamic with the Schmoes, where Ingrid is cluing in on things, and Tim is completely in the dark...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

My Predictions of...vote offs (I don't think it's called evictions in this one)

Men:

1. TJ

2. Gerard

3. Bryce

Women:

1. Elanore (sp?)

2. Ambrosia (again sp?)

3. Ingrid (pulling the JS1 and have the schmo lose the at end)

I don't think Bryce will go anytime soon. He's far too amusing, and the hypnosis thing hasn't played out yet. He'll probably hypnotize Piper to take out TJ or something.

Am I the only one here that likes Ingrid? Outside of the weird Madeleine Albright fixation, she seems really nice and easygoing. Plus she has some very nice curves. Yum.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

She's too nosey. I don't like that. (and no, I don't mean she has a big nose...but maybe she does)

I love how she already almost caused 2 fuck ups. 1 during the first 5 minutes, and the pearl necklace ceremony.

I love that they are going after EVERYTHING that makes up a cheesy reality show. When they got to Piper's last choice, the camera quickly cut to a close-up of every single person in the room (and the bird) and just kept doing it faster and faster for a good 30 seconds. And I loved how they had to wait forever for Derek to show up for the eviction ceremony (with the music repeating itself about three times).

It would have been glorious for Piper to give the guy she's eliminating a pair of blue billiard balls, but that might have been too much. "Dip your wick into her flame of love." (or something like that) was the line of the night though.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they eventually give up and dumped Ingrid, but it would be more interesting how they try to keep one step ahead of her. I thought Ambrosia's talk would have diffused the bomb, but I guess it didn't.

I think Ambrosia talked too much about not knowing what is real. You'd think that would just put more doubt in Ingrid's mind.

She should have just said, "Yeah it's contrived...we're on a reality show. They're all contrived."

I don't think Bryce will go anytime soon. He's far too amusing, and the hypnosis thing hasn't played out yet. He'll probably hypnotize Piper to take out TJ or something.

The only reason I think that Bryce will go (presumably in 2 weeks) is that he's "the stalker", and it would work better if he snuck back in and was following Piper around. Just my opinion there

Am I the only one here that likes Ingrid? Outside of the weird Madeleine Albright fixation, she seems really nice and easygoing. Plus she has some very nice curves. Yum.

She's cute and got a nice figure. But she's a bit too curious for her own good (and the good of the show).

"I don't think he's gay. I think he's Canadian."

GOLD!

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he is Canadian. He did host his own show on a Canadian channel.

I only saw the first episode of Shmoe 2 last night, did anyone notice they played The Mole music in the pearl necklace ceremony? That was a mark-out moment for me since I love that show.

"I don't think he's gay.  I think he's Canadian."

GOLD!

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he is Canadian. He did host his own show on a Canadian channel.

Torrens is a Maritimer, but I can't remember what province.

I only saw the first episode of Shmoe 2 last night, did anyone notice they played The Mole music in the pearl necklace ceremony? That was a mark-out moment for me since I love that show.

Not surprising, since Stone-Stanley also produced the Mole. And I wouldn't be surprised if the pneumatic blonde was a Juggy at some point either...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I should've paid attention, I thought they were advertising the repeat. Of course, that brings up the argument "why would they advertise the repeat instead of the new one?".

So what Spike TV show failed now?

We had Gary The Rat, the New Ren & Stimpy, Stripperella (came back), The Jim Henson Project....

The Jim Henson Project....

:lol:

John Henson was the horribly unfunny guy.

Jim Henson created the Muppets.

jim-henson-200x230.jpg

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I know, it's a running gag whenever I bring up the show to people. Still a horrible show.

havent we had enough of fake reality shows by now? actually i think the shows got played out 3 years ago. the networks think that since one was succesfull, why not 2000 more, then came joe millionaire and the new reality idea, faking out a contentest somehow, then came joe shcmo one, with the only true interesting idea of a bunch of actors playing out a scripted reality show to 1 guy whos not in on it.

I dont buy the hey these shows get ratings so we need more, sure they get ratings, but thats only because its the only thing on the air most nights. enough already

back to the topic joe schmo 2 is ok so far, but I too miss the original. I was hoping that the second one would have some of the same actors from the first show or at least matt pretending to be someone else.

the hutch did rule, too bad his only other tv series the mullets got canned so quickly, or maybe not (I may have been the only fan of that show, but it a dark sense of humor kind of way)

Ingrid is getting on my nertves, did the casting people for js2 not notice that she had a big mouth and was far too noisy? as for tim, he's like totally oblivous, even more so then matt was and far less likeable.

I will keep watching, mostly for the perofrmaces of all the characters and ralph, I mean Derek

The bird is hilarious (and its named Montecore too lol like the tiger who attacked Roy of siegfried and roy- I wonder if that was on purpose? thats kinda mean but funny then)

The bird is suicidal!!

Bryce owns all. His lame attempt at hypnotism lmao Actually that was very creepy to hear him say he took hypnotizing classes (impliying hes trying to get girls that way) and I loved when he menitoned a restraining order from an ex.

Joe Schmo quote of the day

"Yeah Im just a big gay teddy bear. ugh now I cant stand up"

"Kip" in the hot tub with "molly" and "ashleigh"

Good thing matt wasnt around lmao

I dont buy the hey these shows get ratings so we need more, sure they get ratings, but thats only because its the only thing on the air most nights. enough already

That argument would hold more weight if Survivor wasn't programmed against Friends and The Apprentice against C.S.I. I'm pretty sure that people watched those shows.

Anyways, reality shows - both good and bad - will continue to be a staple of television if only for one reason - they're cheap to produce. As long as they can create these shows for a fraction of the cost of a sitcom or drama, reality shows will be around.

starvenger, you're right about that. I may have been too overencompassing my point (is that even a word? I must be tired :)

cheap=more $$$$$ for the networks.

anyways, is js 2 going to be on mondays fromm now on or is it just a one time thing to try and grab raws viewers (like they did with the blatant 5 min commercial for js 2 during raw a few weeks ago)

Joe Schmo Quote of the Day

"You have no idea, this is bigger than any one of us."

Matt, attempting to convince molly and ashleigh to make out for the good of the show

anyways, is js 2 going to be on mondays fromm now on or is it just a one time thing to try and grab raws viewers (like they did with the blatant 5 min commercial for js 2 during raw a few weeks ago)

According to the TV Listings, Joe 2 is still in it's Tuesday timeslot, but I guess that they thought that 1 more airing per week couldn't hurt. Which works fine for me, since the World Series of Poker and The Amazing Race start on the 6th...

So, I bought the first season DVD, and the commercials are full of shit.

Uncensored? Riiiiiight.

Kip's wang in the first episode? Still censored.

Molly's nip slip in the pool challenge? Still censored

Brian's curiously censored breasts? Still censored.

I don't suppose anybody's watching right now?

Anyways, I gotta say that, while he's no Hutch, TJ is doing a pretty good job in the perv role...

Heh...that was actually a good episode, "All about Ingrid...and a Tim birthday" lol, but looks like they're doing what we all thought and maybe thinking of getting rid of Ingrid.

Ingrid outsmarted herself, now will it get her booted? Can't say that I approve of where they cut this, but I guess they're building to the 90 minute one next week.

"I think it all started when you tasted my box." How can they say this without cracking up?

Ahhhh...well I have to say that cliffhanger sucked. And there looks to be a bunch of surprise guest next week...parents or something it seems?

Still... the TBC deserves a "YOU BASTARDS!!"

And if Ambrosia somehow goes, I will be extremely shocked...

(edit)...and one other thing. The dropping "thinks it's real" subtitle - culminating in "We're Screwed" - was pretty funny.

Edited by starvenger

Guest Prodigy

Man that was a great! That ending does have me pissed, cause I can't wait for next week! Well at least they're gonna give us a 90 minute show.

As for who's getting the boot, I'm kinda leaning towards Ambrosia, because of Austin saying something like, "cause you're a bitch" at the end, thinking that's what he says to her after kicking her out. But I woulnd't be surprised to see Ingrid go.

I alos noticed the subtitles changing, and found them quite funny.

I can't wait to see next week's episode! I'm hyped to see the return of Matt and wonder what kind of role he will play.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I can not belive they did a fucking TBC... Bastards.

And yes, The best part of the show was "Thinks half of it's real..." degenerating into "We're screwed"...

what a weird episode. Tim is completely clueless while this ingrid is smarter than any of the actors. cmon "cammy" first you slip out your real name, then you stop telling your story till they change camera batteries. she should have been fired immediately. btw what is up with the camera batteries dying quite often.

my fav part was when Ralph (in confessional) says he cant believe that someone could think that mucha dn that her mind must be running full blast 24 hours a day .

ONCE AGAIN SPIKETV WTF WHERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU CASTED INGRID

unless they did it on purpose to make it more interesting.

did you notice that Tim didn't catch on to Gerald maybe being gay since he was so happy to go along with the lap dance. seems like the point is lost on him.

the whole tasting the box and sack thing got old after the first time we heard it. cmon is this a junior high production or somethin?

anyways, it made me laugh so I enjoyed it. wonder what'll happen next.

JS quote of the day from last nights show after Tims date with "Piper"

Tim: "We both agreed that our parents would be watching so we didn't want to do anything to embarrass ourselves" (yeah sure Tim you agreed lmao)

Guest 5.0Fanatic

For some reason I laughed harder during this episode then I have during any Joe Schmoe period. All signs probably point to my immature humor since I was practically crying when they did the whole "Taste my box" thing