TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Masked Yodeler

New title for the wwf

Guest The Masked Yodeler

With the entrance to the WWF of Hogan, Hall and Nash, I think that a new title should be created in the WWF:

The WWF Seniors Title.

It would be competed for by wrestlers 40 and up.  The matches would be shit, but most of them can still draw, if done right.  And the WWF already has a deep division for it:

Hogan

Hall

Nash

Flair

Vince

and maybe the Undertaker.

Also, they could sign Savage and bring him back to compete in the Senior division.

Of course, calling it the Senior title might have negative connotations, so they might want to call it the Legends Title or some other euphamism.

Guest Tony149

Mr. Perfect could be added to the list as well. No more belts! There's enough of them. If something like that were to be done just give them the European Title or the WCW Title Jericho uses.

Guest Tony149

If the WWF did that, do you think they'll go calling every old time WWF wrestler. Can you imagine a Hulk Hogan vs. Iron Sheik match in 2002? How bad would that be?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Yeah, well Iron Shiek would have to win like he did at the GBR because he probably wouldnt be able to take the HLD.  Its actually not that bad of an idea.  But I dont think it will happen.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I know that a legends title is a horrible idea, but I want to see it anyway.  Especially if it keeps Hogan/Hall/Nash out of the WWF title hunt.  They could have all the wrestlers revert to their 80's characters and have the whole division be retro-campy-nostalgia.  I'd pay to see it.

Guest Tony149

Now that I think about it, it might not be that bad of an idea. The WWF could probably make some money if they have the old guys tour by themselves in places where people don't have access to live events.

Guest TheBigBadBootyDaddy

why the hell do you guys bash all the older wrestlers?  you guys are the same type that would mark out if foley came back.  You smarks are pathetic when it comes to hating the nWo/old guys.

Guest Kinetic

Foley's only 34 or so, if I'm not mistaken.  I don't see why you'd use that example.  The thing with the old guys is: 1) they can't really go anymore, 2) there are TONS of younger guys just on the WWF roster right now who deserve that TV time and aren't getting it.  The corporate line on these guys is either that they aren't ready or they can't draw.  Bullshit.  Even the guys who aren't quite there yet can still put on better matches than most of the over 40 set.  They can't draw because the WWF creative team hasn't given the fans a reason to care about them.  A "Legends" title is an inherently bad idea because it's basically an admission of ineptitude from the WWF.  They can't get anyone new over, so they might as well pick up every has-been available.

Guest Tony149
why the hell do you guys bash all the older wrestlers?

Because their time is up. A guy like Hogan did a lot for the business and most respect that. It's just time for the old guys to stay retired. If they can still go...fine let them wrestle.   

Guest Tony149

I've seen Hogan say his age on TV, so I don't think he has a problem with his age. Nash & Hall might hide the fact their 40 and over.

Guest theWCWRaider

The only way I could see the WWF do something like that is out of spite.

It would be Vince's response to the cries of the people for the WWF to remember its history.

You want us to remember our history?....fine, I give you the legends devision!

and BTW, I agree, a guy like Hogan deserves a lot of respect, but that doesn't mean his time is up.

Hell, I liked Joe Montana, but I don't think I want to see him make a come back either.

Guest ratboy

Oooh, allow me to be totally smarkish and reply that UT is only 38-ish, so he wouldn't quite qualify. He is on that level of suck, however, so his entrance into the division is highly anticipated.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I've got an even better name for the division:  The Geezerweight division.

It's Catchy!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I stand by my previous statement that Bruno could STILL work a better match than Hogan.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

Don't include Page on that list, darnit, he still loves the sport and can still deliver..

just like Austin...

not a good idea

*channels SK*  DUD