TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

"It's a Black man's game"

Truce?

TRUCE?

What the fuck is that shit? Ain't no truces at TSM. What are you going do now -- Suck each other's wangs?...

Please don't be mad kkk ... neither of us mean it, we're just saying it because it's easier than arguing all fucking afternoon.

You know how lazy us blacks and Irish are.

Why?  If you disagree with something I said tell me why?  I believe in judging someone on their own personal morals not the color of their skin.  I just do not understand how they can say he is not really black?  Are you telling me that you agree with them?

Maybe because what you said was stupid and you have stupid friends. Ask your friends why they are morons, don't ask everyone else why Ken Griffy isn't considered black.

And apparently having cornrows= calling women bitches and being a thug.

Why don't you name these, THUGS who you can't understand in a post game interview.

I am scanning my mind, and I have been watching basketball for about 20 years now, and I can't think of any THUG speak on a post game interview. But hey, they probably had cornrows.

I can't understand what Karl Malone says after games.....but that's usually because he talks like he has a mouth full of marbles.

And I usually can't understand what the hell Gary Payton is talking about. It's usually something involving himself and everyone hating him but it just sounds like "Me me me me me me......me.......ME!" rather than coherent language.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
I guess there's not a huge number of people listening to hardcore Jewish music

But I love the Beastie Boys

This got no-sold.

HA HA HA.

Happy now?

Dr. Tom show me where I got owned. Because without facts to back up your argument you just come off as a bitch.

All of page 1 and the first third or so of page 2? You made some silly "arguments" and got taken to task for them (and rightly so), then tried to say how enlightening the whole thing was while your pants were still on fire. That might fool some of the rubes, but it's not going to fool anyone here with a brain.

Guest Choken One

Just to get off topic...

Am I the only one annoyed at how Carmelo had lost the "car" from his name? I haven't heard Carmelo in forever. Its been 'Melo Anthony since he got drafted.

Is this ESPN's way of making him more marketable or something?

Guest MikeSC
Just to get off topic...

Am I the only one annoyed at how Carmelo had lost the "car" from his name? I haven't heard Carmelo in forever. Its been 'Melo Anthony since he got drafted.

Is this ESPN's way of making him more marketable or something?

I'm fearing a headcase for the kid. I heard on local radio that he might choose to not play on the US Olympic Team.

You know what's sad --- even WITH the NBA's best players, we still could easily lose.

-=Mike

Dr. Tom all I ask is that you give me specific examples of arguments in which I was owned. Is it the Rasheed Wallace argument? If you list any one thing that he has done (such as getting caught with weed) you might be able to write it off as a simple mistake. But you must admit he has shown a pattern of bad behavior. Perhaps thug by its basic literal definition is the wrong word to use, maybe someone of low moral fiber is a better term. In saying thug I do not mean people out on the street corner threatening to beat people up. I never said people with cornrows or people who dress differently are thug or bad people, other posters tried to put those words in my mouth. One of my best friends from high school who used to live behind me had cornrows, I used to go over to his house almost every night to play baseball, and I do not consider him a thug or someone with bad morals. I was told that a bunch of people on this board smoke weed, well that is something I do not agree with. I am sorry but if I am at a party where everyone is smoking weed I will leave, those are my morals. To me that is morally wrong, maybe its not to others, I am just telling people my opinion. I was then told that what makes Griffey black was the fact that he was black, like I was saying something different, when the entire point of my first post was that he was black not because he fitted in with some stereotypes but because he was born an african american. If you feel I lost those arguments I respect that, I just do not understand how you can totally disrespect everything I said.

Czech there are only two things in this world I cannot take:

1.) Getting owned

2.) Getting served

I will argue number 1 until my death, you do not want to know what happens if someone tells me the second thing.

Guest Redhawk

So maybe Rasheed isn't a "thug," but be honest....if you were playing pickup ball with him and you fouled him hard, you'd be a little nervous, wouldn't you? More nervous than if you'd fouled David Robinson, I'm sure.

Guest Redhawk
I'm fearing a headcase for the kid. I heard on local radio that he might choose to not play on the US Olympic Team.

Here's what I read.

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Nuggets rookie forward Carmelo Anthony is pretty sure he'll be watching the U.S. Olympic Team on television come August.

Anthony says the USA Basketball selection committee has made up its mind against including him on the team.

Anthony led all rookies in scoring last season, but finished second to Cleveland Cavaliers guard LeBron James in Rookie of the Year voting.

Neither was named an All-Star, but James will play for Team USA in Athens.

Miami Heat rookie guard Dwyane Wade is also expected to make the team, whose roster already includes two small forwards -- Shawn Marion and Richard Jefferson.

Anthony says he hopes he'll be better known by the time of the next Olympic Games four years from now.

You guys fell right into my trap. There is a little known secrect hidden in a treasure chest on a far away island stating, "Getting served twice on the same page of the same thread thereby negates getting served at all." There also is then the little known amendment to that secret in aisle 7 of the US congress stating, "Not only does getting served twice on the same page of the same thread negate any potential for getting served, it also extinguishes the possibility of being owned." Hey, sorry I do not make the rules I just enforce them.

If you list any one thing that he has done (such as getting caught with weed) you might be able to write it off as a simple mistake. But you must admit he has shown a pattern of bad behavior...I was then told that what makes Griffey black was the fact that he was black, like I was saying something different, when the entire point of my first post was that he was black not because he fitted in with some stereotypes but because he was born an african american.

Oh, and Rasheed never got caught with weed. He was sitting in the back seat of a car that got pulled over(damon Stodemire(sp?) was in the passenger seat) and the car was searched and they found weed in it. Niether rasheed nor Damon owned the car. They both plead not guilty and were willing to take drug test. I call him smokey all the time, but seriously, it really doesn't seem like he did anything.

And I would like AGAIN to repeat. You friends said something stupid and you came here pretending as that it was the majorities opionion. No, you have dumb friends that said something stupid, why bother us with their stupidity when I am pretty sure noone here has ever said or dumb enough to think "Ken Griffy Jr. isn't black because he is not a thug."

most Nebraska players are...as good coach as Tom Osbourne was, he sure couldn't handle his players off-field problems, same with Frank Solich...i don't expect NFL coaches to get too involved in a player's personal life, those are grown men, but if i send my child to a university, i expect that coach to do his best to make sure my kid doesn't fuck up, you know like the whole Gary Barnett thing...i can't even count how many times a Nebraska player has been arrested for something in just the past 10 years! what's worse is that they were always kept on the teams rather than given the boot...money talks i suppose...

You guys fell right into my trap. There is a little known secrect hidden in a treasure chest on a far away island stating...

Problem is that document has been updated and is now placed in a folder in some crate that is stashed away in some government warehouse...

So maybe Rasheed isn't a "thug," but be honest....if you were playing pickup ball with him and you fouled him hard, you'd be a little nervous, wouldn't you? More nervous than if you'd fouled David Robinson, I'm sure.

Not really. He strikes me as that "complain about everything, call fouls late after he sees he missed the shot game is on pause every 30 seconds as he explains WHY he didn't travel" type of guy. Those guys never get in fights and are the easiest ones to joke with. Its those "super pissed you missed a shot in a FUCKING PICKUP game as if their careers depended on it" guys that are the fighters. They usually suck too.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Not really. He strikes me as that "complain about everything, call fouls late after he sees he missed the shot game is on pause every 30 seconds as he explains WHY he didn't travel" type of guy. Those guys never get in fights and are the easiest ones to joke with. Its those "super pissed you missed a shot in a FUCKING PICKUP game as if their careers depended on it" guys that are the fighters. They usually suck too.

They're fun to play with, but they're hell when you're waiting to get on the court.

Guest MikeSC
Yes, YOU could lose. Weren't you the one who hated when fans said "us" or "we". The fact that it's a national team makes no difference.

GO STEVE NASH! GO RICK FOX even though you never go anyways GO RICK FOX!

Yup, my bad. It's sad because they could easily lose.

-=Mike

Here's another observation of mine regarding this subject:

In just about every ESPN "debate" show I've seen that talked about this subject, someone always brings up the fact LeBron and Anthony didn't disagree with Bird, and Magic said "he has a point."

Odd how that didn't get edited out of the videotape...