TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Roanoke House Show July 25th

I know it's not exactly a stacked line up but since the WWE was in town only twice last year and this will be the first show of 2004, I'll go. I've never had a bad time at a show.

Courtesy www.roanokeciviccenter.com

Sunday, July 25th

TITLE MATCH

EDDIE GUERRERO VS. JOHN "BRADSHAW" LAYFIELD

U.S. TITLE MATCH

JOHN CENA VS. BOOKER T

3 WAY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CHARLIE HAAS & RICO w/ Miss Jackie VS.

HARDCORE HOLLY & BILLY GUNN VS.

JOHNNY STAMBOLI & NUNZIO

RVD VS. THE DUDLEY

REY MYSTERIO VS. RENE DUPREE

SPIKE DUDLEY VS. MARK JINDRAK w/ Teddy Long

FUNAKI vs. NUNZIO

BILLY KIDMAN AND PAUL LONDON VS. CHAVO GUERRERO & CHAVO CLASSIC

DIVA MATCH

TORRIE WILSON VS. DAWN

FUNAKI VS. MORDECAI

The line up for Roanoke seems to always change a bit before the show takes place. Last April we were supposed to get Booker vs. Triple H in a world title rematch ... instead we got a preview of the Backlash 6-man tag.

September's card featured an incredible Angle / Lesnar 45-minute tune up for the Ironman match.

Sounds like a mixture of Judgment Day, Velocity, and crap.

Are you seriously considering going? I mean, really, save your money for Raw tickets or a cheeseburger or something...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It actually looks decent, but looks can be deceiving. I'm not sure if it's an error, but it lists Funaki wrestling two seperate matches.

Sounds like a mixture of Judgment Day, Velocity, and crap.

Are you seriously considering going? I mean, really, save your money for Raw tickets or a cheeseburger or something...

What's the point of comments like that? :/ Sure it's not the greatest show that they could do at the moment, but still...it's a chance to see it live, and like he said it only comes around a few times. And not only that but I see 4-5 matches that actually look pretty damn good. And a house divas match isn't all that bad seeing as usually it always turns into some type of bikini contest type match or something.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Whoops, didn't notice that. All caps is a little bit of an eye-soar to read, so I must've thought Palumbo is still on SD (or on TV period).

Great, eliminate a POSSIBLY good match, for a squash match and a 3-way tag that's more than likely going to be a complete mess.

Smackdown is reminding me more and more of WCW in its final days...a few well known names, weak challengers, young but unknown guys, and a few decent cruisers, along with one or two weird gimmick guys. Not exactly compelling recents to attend a show or watch at home.

Whoops, didn't notice that. All caps is a little bit of an eye-soar to read, so I must've thought Palumbo is still on SD (or on TV period).

Great, eliminate a POSSIBLY good match, for a squash match and a 3-way tag that's more than likely going to be a complete mess.

What? If you mean the Mordecai match I don't think it'll be that bad. I mean, it'll probaly be all of what? a few minutes. And if that's the case it will probaly be decent, because Funaki can be a bumping machine, and Mordecai plays the power game. If it's anything like it's SD debut then it should be good.

And surprisingly I have to say I think the 3 way tag will be good :huh: . As we all know Rico/Haas is a great team and they both are talented...and as for Holly and Gunn, even though I'm not a fan of either, I have to say the last couple of weekends on Velocity theyve been doing...well more then expected. And putting on decent matches.

And of course the Nunzio-Rico match up will be funny as hell I'm sure..I would love to see Nunzio's response to the gay gimmick.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

3-Way tags aren't very good IMO. It's sloppy rules mix from 1 man from each team in at a time, or 2 men start and can tag anyone, it usually ends in a cluster-fuck, and the teams couldn't be more different.

Haas/Rico can actually wrestle.

Holly/Gunn can't

Stamboli/Nunzio are in between.

If it was Haas/Rico vs. the FBI, I'd say it can be a good match, but adding Holly/Gunn just throws a wrench in thw works.

Last show I went to the 3 Way Tag title match ended up also being cut down to two, I'd expect the FBI to get axed if that happened.

BILLY KIDMAN AND PAUL LONDON VS. CHAVO GUERRERO & CHAVO CLASSIC

This should be a blast to watch, I'd even predict it will be the MotN.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Except two problems:

Both Kidman AND London are working injured.

Chavo Classic isn't that good.

I was hoping Id see a house show card list for the RAW show Im going to in 2 weeks (day of the GAB) but all I've seen is the standard "These superstars are scheduled to appear"..

Im almost worried that the show will probably get Canceled since there are a ton of tickets left..

Okay ...

Well with the GAB behind us I just HAD to see if any changes had occured with the scheduled line up. They have.

Pending the results of The Great American Bash, the following Superstars are scheduled to appear in ROANOKE:

WWE Title Match - No DQ - 1 Fall to a Finish

EDDIE GUERRERO VS. JOHN "BRADSHAW" LAYFIELD

U.S. Title Match

JOHN CENA VS. BOOKER T

3 Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Titles

HARDCORE HOLLY & BILLY GUNN VS.

THE DUDLEYS VS. F.B.I.

# 1 contenders Match for U.S. Title

ROB VAN DAM VS. RENE DUPREE

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

REY MYSTERIO VS. CHAVO GUERRERO

Plus: Smackdown! General Manager Kurt Angle, Paul Heyman, Spike Dudley,

Mark Jindrak, Theodore R. Long, Billy Kidman, Luther Reigns,

Playboy Diva Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie, Scotty 2 Hotty, & Kenzo Suzuki

Now ... back in September we got a steller Brock / Angle 45-minute match. So ... if I don't see blood in this No DQ main event, someone's going home unhappy.

Man, even the difference in House Show cards is amazing. Sundays RAW show here was a good preview of the Vengence Card (HHH/Benoit,Edge/Orton,Jericho/Batista,Kane/Hardy, Victoria/Trish) and I see that Roanoke card and it reminds me how horrible the Smackdown show that was here 2 years ago was. The biggest stars were Angle (Wrestled before the intermission vs Rikishi) and Jericho (wrestled Edge in the ME). Everyone else was midcard or below, including appearances by Rob Conway, Nick Dinsmore, Randy Orton and Batista all before they really had even been on TV. We did get to see Rey Mysterio wrestle before his debut but it was in a crappy 6 man tag that no one cared about save to see him in the ring.

With the way SD is being booked, I think we will be seeing alot of JBL and Eddie for the next few months. I know I might be going to the Smackdown house show that is coming to NJ July 31st, but with the way things are going, I don't know yet...

Guest Your Olympic Hero

With Eddy listed first in the WWE title match, does that mean he will have the title back by then? I know he will have it back by Summerslam...

Also, The Dudleys will be dropping the tag titles considering the three way is for the tag belts. I'm predicting a Nunzio/Johnny push. They've been winning on house shows and they had the backstage skit with Dawn Marie at GAB.

EDIT: Didn't read the updated card before I posted, so my tag title theory is out the window :P